Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call came in from Delivery Center... Delivery appointment for tomorrow has been delayed - per them a hold has been put on all new Model S's - something to do with software... The poor guy was very apologetic and transparent about the fact they had "limited information" regarding the reason for the "hold." He said they hope to deliver in a few days and will know more Tuesday... Anyone else hearing this?? Marina del Rey Delivery Center...
Glad they admitted this *sugar* isn't a finished product. Tesla can't get its *sugar* together now can it? And expecting them to do so is too much to ask for any way.

FWIW - A few days ago, I stopped by my local Tesla store (Bellevue Square) just to checkin on my June RN1151 LR order. My SA mentioned that they did receive a bunch of MSs recently (more LRs than Plaids) but the cars are under “inspection” for ~10 days. He did not specify why and does not seem to know the details. At that moment, I thought it might just be a standard practice. Now that there are more reports on “delivery hold”, it suddenly reminded me of this conversation. Now I’m very curious about what’s going on - could it be related to the recent fire and/or the battery fault?

Still can’t figure out, are they hiding information or simply don’t know anything…?

Attachments

• 90CC5A7B-461F-4F2E-93FB-0977BA1F338A.jpeg
    90CC5A7B-461F-4F2E-93FB-0977BA1F338A.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 80
That video just confirmed I’d rather own the long range.
Owning a plaid model s is like dating a hot girl, after a few ... quick launches ... it’s like what else you got to offer.
My experience with hot girls is a tad different. If they start off hotter, it takes much longer for things to go cold.

I'll take the Plaid (whenever it arrives).

What is actual weight of arachnids?
Brooks with DTs is going to weight them for us.
I'll be doing a complete tire/wheel weight breakdown in addition to suspension (especially camber) analysis with pics when I get my car.

Based on AMGF's wheel/tire weights plus the Mich web site
Front rims weigh 60-28.2 or 31.8 lbs
Rear rims weigh 65.4 - 30 or 35.4 lbs

These are of course for the only wheel/tires currently being delivered Arachnid 21s

If accurate, there is a lot of ride quality, handling, accelerating and braking performance to be had using aftermarket rims. A lot of the flow formed rims provide significantly lower weights and still come in less than $4,500 inclusive of Sport 4S tires and TPMS. It's a shame Tesla can not get the 19" fitment sorted so owners can buy better performing rims with their $4,500.

I put these on my 2015 for a 10 lb per corner savings and for just over half the $4,500 Tesla option price.

Last edited: