Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have done that before. My P85D was to have Sport Seats, but came with ordinary ones. When the Sport Seats finally arrived they swapped them out. Of course my P85D was built in December 2014. in 2021 they probably don't want to do that any more. Really, if they delivered mine with 21's I'd take them, just swap then out for 19 or 20 aftermarket wheels ASAP. Who knows, somebody might even buy the arachnids. I sold my Model 3P's 20" for what my aftermarket wheels and tries cost. That could happen again.

Anyway I'd really like to have the choice! I still have zero date, not even a range. The constant phone calls begging me to switch from a Plaid+ in order to have June delivery seem just a fantasy now. :(
but would you be happy having to pay $4,500 plus sales tax more for your car to get wheels you do not want?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Lol, since the account shows nothing to us I keep sending messages to my delivery adviser.

I bet she has already regret she told me how to communicate with her.

When I put an order system has showed EDD as a “July”.

2 days later my “assigned” delivery adviser has called me and told: “it will take a few weeks to get a car”.

Next week I went to my SC and asked people there and they told me it takes 4-13 weeks to get a car.

Today I told my adviser I have completed all papers regarding financial aspects and have all preapprovals which will be good for 50 days. Btw I do have it.

And she just texted me back:
“You will get a text message as soon as you are assigned a VIN and can schedule delivery. It it likely that your approval will need to be refreshed as delivery will likely happen after the 50 day mark, as your order was placed 3.5 weeks ago. The good news is your profile is complete! One of the main factors in getting matched to a vehicle is MYTESLA account completion.”

What is a MYTESLA thing tho? I had Tesla before and I bet I have everything.

So my thoughts were right. There is no chance to get a car before EOQ.

I even told her match me with any car around the country I’ll travel to take it. Totally ignored.

I also can’t get why all people in Tesla are giving different info which is not real at all? Are they simply taking random answers from head and giving it to people?
Nope
They are using the Tesla branded magic 8 Ball.

Funny (or not so funny), I just heard a similar thing today about my order.

I originally ordered a Plaid on 9/22/2020, which was then automatically converted to Plaid+ on 2/11/2021. Because Tesla also automatically converted by account back down from Plaid+ to Plaid on 6/19/2021, I only finalized the "next steps" on MyTesla account on 6/22/2021. Based on this sequence of event, a new Tesla insider I got in touch with told me that my order has an effective order date of 6/22/2021 and it will be prioritized accordingly. I was also told not to expect my Plaid before September.

This is in stark contrast with what my other Tesla contact was telling me, namely: my order still has Sept. 2020 priority and will be matched to a VIN as soon as production matches my order details. This new piece of information basically tells me this is all incorrect, and there is no VIN matching at all, nor any concept of "priority", until the date when all steps possible to complete are indeed complete on MyTesla. That date sets the wheels in motion of VIN matching.

Frustrating...
Turns out my conjecture about September was true after all 😉

I looked up that fire event recently and the internet is silent about it. My conspiracy theory is that an automaker pulled the stunt bc Tesla is mopping the floor with their outdated technology OR someone w a short position in TSLA stock is getting bent over. Or maybe the car just malfunctioned? I dunno… very odd how it disappeared.
On another note… do the people who buy 19s do it bc they plan on replacing the wheels immediately? I’m scratching my head why anyone would buy those ugly POS… bc if you roll around in a 90k car with ugly wheels for better efficiency then you’re a real dweeb and I’m glad Tesla is making you wait. Ooos did I just stir the pot?

The owner was one of the biggest TSLA owners. This wasn't a short attack. More likely he misapplied accelerator and freaked and blamed the car like everyone does in those situations.

Funny (or not so funny), I just heard a similar thing today about my order.

I originally ordered a Plaid on 9/22/2020, which was then automatically converted to Plaid+ on 2/11/2021. Because Tesla also automatically converted by account back down from Plaid+ to Plaid on 6/19/2021, I only finalized the "next steps" on MyTesla account on 6/22/2021. Based on this sequence of event, a new Tesla insider I got in touch with told me that my order has an effective order date of 6/22/2021 and it will be prioritized accordingly. I was also told not to expect my Plaid before September.

This is in stark contrast with what my other Tesla contact was telling me, namely: my order still has Sept. 2020 priority and will be matched to a VIN as soon as production matches my order details. This new piece of information basically tells me this is all incorrect, and there is no VIN matching at all, nor any concept of "priority", until the date when all steps possible to complete are indeed complete on MyTesla. That date sets the wheels in motion of VIN matching.

Frustrating...
I always thought that tesla builds cars according to specifications that people are ordering. Now I feel like they build random cars and match them with people randomly, this is why someone has to wait a week to get a car and someone will wait a few months to get a car. There is definitely nothing they call "priority".

I will start to monitor auctions and if I'll find configuration that matches what I want I'll buy it and that's it.

As I have said before it's okay to wait, but only if you have a specific time frame. I have previously ordered a few cars at dealers and all those orders were provided with a specific time frame when I'll get a car. Needless to say, all of those cars were delivered even a few weeks before the specific time I was told when I was ordering. And yeah pandemic is not an excuse anymore.

Been driving mine for about a week now. Observations:
  • the speed will not disappoint. this has been covered over and over again.
  • the handling surprised me. it handles better than the M3P, which I just sold and did track.
  • the touch controls on the yoke kind of suck. I have turned on the wipers too many times reaching for the scroll wheel on the right. I sure hope there is a sw fix coming to allow for some sort of sensitivity adjustment or even changing this light touch vs. push nonsense.
  • some parts of the UI are worse than on the M3P which is kind of odd given I now have two screens! Here are some examples that come to mind.
    • want to adjust the following distance when the cruise is on? push the scroll wheel left or right. NO, that doesn't work. you have to go into the menus to do it.
    • want to grab a video clip of a car spinning across the lanes of the opposite side of the freeway? (I saw that yesterday!) you have to open the menu THEN click on the dashcam icon. stupid. I guess I could have honked the horn... but that upsets people sometimes...
  • why did you get rid of all the energy info Tesla!!!! I loved seeing that stuff. boooo
OK, enough for now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this car. It is just disappointing they changed a few things that seem like common sense before.

I looked up that fire event recently and the internet is silent about it. My conspiracy theory is that an automaker pulled the stunt bc Tesla is mopping the floor with their outdated technology OR someone w a short position in TSLA stock is getting bent over. Or maybe the car just malfunctioned? I dunno… very odd how it disappeared.
On another note… do the people who buy 19s do it bc they plan on replacing the wheels immediately? I’m scratching my head why anyone would buy those ugly POS… bc if you roll around in a 90k car with ugly wheels for better efficiency then you’re a real dweeb and I’m glad Tesla is making you wait. Ooos did I just stir the pot?
yes sir... we are dweebs... call it nerd central :)

• the handling surprised me. it handles better than the M3P, which I just sold and did track.
  • the touch controls on the yoke kind of suck. I have turned on the wipers too many times reaching for the scroll wheel on the right. I sure hope there is a sw fix coming to allow for some sort of sensitivity adjustment or even changing this light touch vs. push nonsense.
  • some parts of the UI are worse than on the M3P which is kind of odd given I now have two screens! Here are some examples that come to mind.
    • want to adjust the following distance when the cruise is on? push the scroll wheel left or right. NO, that doesn't work. you have to go into the menus to do it.
    • want to grab a video clip of a car spinning across the lanes of the opposite side of the freeway? (I saw that yesterday!) you have to open the menu THEN click on the dashcam icon. stupid. I guess I could have honked the horn... but that upsets people sometimes...
  • why did you get rid of all the energy info Tesla!!!! I loved seeing that stuff. boooo
OK, enough for now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this car. It is just disappointing they changed a few things that seem like common sense before.
I think some of that is just rushed software. New UI hopefully will have all those kinks fixed. I hope at least. I think they just left out some of the components because they're about to release the new UI. Which someone on Twitter posted some of the new icons. Hopefully with v9 FSD the UI is almost done as well.

I think some of that is just rushed software. New UI hopefully will have all those kinks fixed. I hope at least. I think they just left out some of the components because they're about to release the new UI. Which someone on Twitter posted some of the new icons. Hopefully with v9 FSD the UI is almost done as well.
I sure hope so. the following distance one is baffling... not really a UI thing. you'd think the code was already written and they'd just use it...

has anyone figured out how to do this? split a vent into two separate air flows...
1626820325883.png

Try removing the dot 🙃
Unfortunately in my experience the SA's are not very useful. It's not that they are bad or don't care (ours was very nice actually), it just seems they don't know or get any info about your vehicle's delivery progress much sooner (if at all) than you do... Best to just keep an eye on your account and wait for delivery texts.

I sure hope so. the following distance one is baffling... not really a UI thing. you'd think the code was already written and they'd just use it...
I think there's still two code bases they're working from. M3/MY and MS/MX. True some is overlapping. Doesn't make since for sure why they wouldn't have just committed that code into the MS/MX code base. Who knows. Lots of random things missing from the MS code right now it seems.

They got rid of the energy stuff because they are lying about the actual battery situation (sandbag for a later update has been leaked by some). That's my guess.

If anyone has a good SA, please shoot me a message. I’ve been emailing [email protected] and been getting no response! /rant :mad:

My EDD is still October on the MSLR and MY.
Unfortunately in my experience the people at Tesla you'd rely on for production and delivery info after ordering are not very useful. It's not that they are bad or don't care (ours was very nice actually), it just seems they don't know or get any info about your vehicle's delivery progress much sooner (if at all) than you do... Best to just keep an eye on your account and wait for delivery texts. The waiting game sucks, they car is awesome.