Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No bugs or delays that I've seen - I have it set to not wake the car up if sleeping (so that only official app does that and car doesn't stay awake all the time). It has some pretty cool features. Lots of data about your driving, charging habits, and you can automate certain actions, too (I haven't done this yet). I don't know if it's really a "must have" unless you absolutely want the data output - and, the ability to remotely close windows. Full disclosure: Tessie was the first, and really only, third party app I've used, so I don't have any comparisons to others, like TeslaFi, etc.

It's definitely one of these things that, if I had never started using it, I doubt I'd be missing it, but now that I have it, I will keep it because I like all the data and efficiency numbers.

Last edited:
Would be interesting if true. Seems to only be put out for the Plaids at this time.
Wondering if Tesla trying to limit the power by app. 0.1-0.4secs in hopes that people won't notice, now that a bunch are done getting their draggy numbers out of the way, to save it from starting camp fires 😂
Please Tesla, make me shut up by delivering my car or giving me a freaking delivery estimate at least, even though it don't mean jack 😒

This seems pretty unlikely guys; take a look at @omarsultan's later posts. The car is just as fast as before on the normal street. Seems like it was the dragstrip surface.

Last edited:
Wondering if Tesla trying to limit the power by app. 0.1-0.4secs in hopes that people won't notice, now that a bunch are done getting their draggy numbers out of the way, to save it from starting camp fires 😂
Please Tesla, make me shut up by delivering my car or giving me a freaking delivery estimate at least, even though it don't mean jack 😒
I wonder how much legal room Tesla has for doing something like that. If you bought a car with an advertised performance standard, and they took that away, wouldn't that be grounds for a refund or class action lawsuits? I seriously doubt they would do this for something so easily verifiable.

I wonder how much legal room Tesla has for doing something like that. If you bought a car with an advertised performance standard, and they took that away, wouldn't that be grounds for a refund or class action lawsuits? I seriously doubt they would do this for something so easily verifiable.
My Model X long range, which is allegedly capable of 4.4s 0-60, would like a word.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Exactly the point I was attempting to make when that Plaid 'caught' fire. People WILL notice if the car is performing differently. Tesla already tried in 2016 with the P90D, and they got absolutely burned by the press for it. Highly unlikely, almost impossible.🙂

Did you have verifiable data that it was performing to those levels, and then it stopped doing so? With the Plaid we have that data.
It never did, but the webpage has always claimed it does. I doubt most X LR owners care enough to ever test it, but it is still inaccurate to Tesla's claims. I'm sure there is a cover-your-asterisk next to all of these perf claims and wiggle room to back away. I do agree it would be much harder to do so on the Plaid since they've claimed the crown.

It never did, but the webpage has always claimed it does. I doubt most X LR owners care enough to ever test it, but it is still inaccurate to Tesla's claims. I'm sure there is a cover-your-asterisk next to all of these perf claims and wiggle room to back away. I do agree it would be much harder to do so on the Plaid since they've claimed the crown.
Yeah things like that happen all the time with performance standards on electronics (TV's game consoles, PC's etc.) and it is frustrating. But to have a company retroactively throttle performance has historically not gone over well with the courts.

• Love
Yeah things like that happen all the time with performance standards on electronics (TV's game consoles, PC's etc.) and it is frustrating. But to have a company retroactively throttle performance has historically not gone over well with the courts.
I should have been more clear - in this case they did throttle it for every model X because of the issue with half shafts being deformed under heavy torque. They claim that in "very low" suspension it is identical to what it used to be, and that may be true, but regardless the old claim was never true. It is very much not-the-same-issue, but arguing this in court seems like it would be difficult.

I should have been more clear - in this case they did throttle it because of the issue with half shafts being deformed under heavy torque. They claim that in "very low" suspension it is identical to what it used to be, and that may be true, but regardless the old claim was never true. It is very much not-the-same-issue, but arguing this in court seems like it would be difficult.
Understood. I heard that the older MXs had that axle issue.

Understood. I heard that the older MXs had that axle issue.
There is a new part available that is the 'final fix', allegedly. I had my half shafts replaced at 30k miles and am 5k away from warranty end (half shafts are not powertrain) so I'm just gonna floor it at every light until the problem returns so I don't have to spend $3k to fix it myself. ;)

For anyone dealing with registration issues in a state where Tesla direct sales are not permitted. My temp tags run out on 7-25. After trying to call corporate for two hours this morning, I decided to call my local gallery for assistance. The gentleman there pointed me to my glovebox where there was indeed a secondary temp tag extending me a month. I've never even looked in the glovebox before. :) We'll see what that means for late fees for the taxes, but for now, I can breathe a bit easier knowing I won't get pulled over for expired tags.

same. It sounds like the whine of a supercharger.
It is very likely that the whine you are hearing is the motors themselves and not high frequency induction into the electrical/entertainment system. If you can directly hear it from a speaker then it may be the latter however if it is coming from everywhere I suspect it is the motor noise.

Everyone should name their car NRFPT
(Not Ready for Prime Time) :) Older people will get it.
NRFPT.jpg

So, I also wondered if something in the 12.25.2 changed performance characteristics, so I went out and ran the car again on my favorite stretch of road. The left run is from last week (7/20). The last firmware update was applied on 7/26. The center run is the 0-60 portion of my 1/4 mile run and the right run is from this morning. You can see the first and last are consistent (and I mean ridiculously consistent) and the center run is the anomaly. BTW, the 0-60 times for my first two fake runs on the drag strip were were 2.67s and 2.59s.

EDIT: I messed up the dates a bit: the left run was from 7/10 and the FW was updated on 7/19 - thx @T-Racer

Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
I seriously doubt I'll get my car this year