Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I can't wait to see what it can do and the reactions. Hoping ill hit that and maybe 160 in the half mile that would be crazy.
Being that the MX Plaid will have the same power curve as the MS Plaid, it should hit the 163 mph limiter just after the 1/4 mile; maybe at the 6/10 to 8/10 of a mile mark.

TBH, although I always prefer cars over SUVs, I can't wait for the MX Plaid to start deliveries. Can you imagine people's reactions to an SUV that does a 9.9 second 1/4 mile at 140+mph? Priceless.
Let's hope the X Plaid has extra beefy brakes. The X will be crazy fast for sure but very heavy.
My initial comment was wrong. These ARE all season, the P Zero Elect.

They are low rolling resistance and it looks like they added in the PNCS logo meaning Pirelli Noise Canceling System.

So, looks like a great tire. Same tire as Porsche Taycan.

It’s confusing because Pirelli doesn’t include the P-Zero Elect in its online catalog.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused why the 19" P Zero tires on the refresh were different than the P Zero ZR19s on Tire Rack.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
X is so different from the S. I'm slated Jan Feb 2022 for my LR X. I'll push delivery however long until Tesla can deliver a good X.

Elon described them as Faberge eggs for good reason and that the X was a product of Tesla's hubris.

That's why Tesla started with the S, it's so much better and Tesla builds them better. I'm genuinely concerned about my X. So much to go wrong.

• Love
On that same kind of note, @Caliboi707 and anyone else who has a MX on order, did you notice the config change last week? The 20" Cybertream wheels have a top speed of 149 mph on both the LR and Plaid, and the 22s keep their 155 mph and 163 mph top speeds respectively.
Yea I saw that too I was going to get the 20s and buy some lightweight 22s, but not sure if the top speed will be software limited or not so ended up switching.

• Love
My initial comment was wrong. These ARE all season, the P Zero Elect.

They are low rolling resistance and it looks like they added in the PNCS logo meaning Pirelli Noise Canceling System.

So, looks like a great tire. Same tire as Porsche Taycan.

It’s confusing because Pirelli doesn’t include the P-Zero Elect in its online catalog.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a great tire for the Model S.

On that same kind of note, @Caliboi707 and anyone else who has a MX on order, did you notice the config change last week? The 20" Cybertream wheels have a top speed of 149 mph on both the LR and Plaid, and the 22s keep their 155 mph and 163 mph top speeds respectively.
Really makes me interested in whether/when Tesla will update the top speed on the website for the 19" MS Plaid. To be honest, there is pretty much no way the 19s will be going 200mph pretty much ever, due to their tire ratings, and as @Hayseed_MS once mentioned, the fact that the hubcaps could actually fly off at that speed. Interesting to think about.....

Let's hope the X Plaid has extra beefy brakes. The X will be crazy fast for sure but very heavy.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused why the 19" P Zero tires on the refresh were different than the P Zero ZR19s on Tire Rack.
Also, the date codes on these tires are DOT 1121, meaning both tires were produced between March 15 and March 21.

I would have expected a recent build to perhaps have newer tires. Perhaps this one came from those parked at the railroad tracks , or from the same batch.

Nonsense... Porsche has used wheel spacers on their race cars for years. ;)
PS... the TSportline wheels are cast and rotary forged... not real forged wheels.
I’m interested in getting aftermarket 20” forged wheels for my MSLR (RN#1145 ordered 3/2). What is the difference between forged & rotary forged and the advantage of forged over rotary forged. Which online wheel companies would you suggest I check out? Thnx in advance.

I’m interested in getting aftermarket 20” forged wheels for my MSLR (RN#1145 ordered 3/2). What is the difference between forged & rotary forged and the advantage of forged over rotary forged. Which online wheel companies would you suggest I check out? Thnx in advance.
I’m sure there are many experts on this forum that can tell you the advantages and intricacies of forged vs rotary forged. I just know real forged wheels are lighter and stronger. I’m ordering my 20’s from Signature Wheels in San Jose.

Anyone received a VIN for a Plaid in SoCal recently? We’re running out of days in July…can’t tell if that’s a good or bad thing.
I can’t believe you haven’t gotten yours yet. Hopefully our Plaids will be produced soon. However, I’m preparing myself for September now that the Tesla website says so for CF trims… Should have just taken the wood trim lol.

I can’t believe you haven’t gotten yours yet. Hopefully our Plaids will be produced soon. However, I’m preparing myself for September now that the Tesla website says so for CF trims… Should have just taken the wood trim lol.

I don’t really care all too much when I get the car; I’d be fine with September, even, but just say that and give me an estimate I can rely on. It fluxes my capacitors that they promised June, then estimated July, and followed that up with no decent communication to any customer.

I suppose it’s hard for any company to keep pace when it has rapid growth, but you should still at least pay attention to your whales and evangelists.

Instead, we have games and silence.

BA0E8057-33BB-40D7-9DFE-1F495812FF5A.jpeg

Hopefully, Elon never loses his hair, otherwise it’ll be easier to see through his charades…

B48A6A28-A2AA-4B63-922C-0B7550EAEE0B.jpeg

I don’t really care all too much when I get the car; I’d be fine with September, even, but just say that and give me an estimate I can rely on. It fluxes my capacitors that they promised June, then estimated July, and followed that up with no decent communication to any customer.

I suppose it’s hard for any company to keep pace when it has rapid growth, but you should still at least pay attention to your whales and evangelists.

Instead, we have games and silence.

View attachment 688238

Hopefully, Elon never loses his hair, otherwise it’ll be easier to see through his charades…

View attachment 688241
So true. You always have the perfect memes and responses lol.

I thought my EDD being blank after all the date changes was an imminent sign that delivery would happen soon. Nope, the last time Tesla spoke to me on the phone (last week of June) they said July. I’ve been blank all July and I’m sure it’ll go into August. Prove me wrong TESLA!