Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So anyone who has a MX on order, take a look at this video:
Interestingly, it has wood trim, which suggests that the previously carbon-only MX is going to wood also.
Looks pretty much ready to ship, with the production dark finish on the 22" wheels.
(It is a Plaid for sure BTW, because of the perforations on the seat bolsters.)
Tagging @Caliboi707 here.

No matter how you shake it.....one UGLY car! The real reason my wife chose a Model S.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agreed. The passive sit back and do nothing attitude is horrendous. Just like at work I always tell people to take the interviews for a higher position, even if they don’t get it. You got nothing to lose. If you don’t get the promotion then you’re status quo at square one BUT with knowledge and experience of what’s on the interview to ace it the next time around.
OK, for the record, that is NOT what I'm saying you guys should do. I'm not saying ya'll should sit back and do nothing. I'm trying to send a message here:
Think about how small this issue is in the grand scheme of things! You guys are on an online forum, waiting for deliveries of $80,000+ cars. There are many, MANY people who could only hope to make that amount of money in three to four years. The cars will come, and I hope they come soon for you guys, but I'm trying to keep it real here.:)

My wife (52 years old) went to STL SC to order a MX, after seeing it she commented "looks like something old people would drive" so we ordered a MS.
Good choice.. IMO the Model S is the nicest Tesla by far. I like the 3 next, then the X, and last the Y. If money was a factor, I’d be happy with a Model 3P.

How bout that PLAID "Trak Package", where the Hell did that get started!
Hahaha I guess when we saw that Plaid with the active wing testing, and then when the EPC showed a set of wheels that were not previously shown. Additionally, engineers at the delivery event were reportedly saying that there would be a track mode.

Active wing Plaid:
(Scroll through the thread btw)

ZeroG:

1623782861043-png.687658

Reactions: Ormond and Drew-MS
So the plaid at the nurbring..

no yoke

A round wheel makes more sense to get the best time around a technical track. Even Randy Pobst required a round wheel for the hill climb last month.

OK, for the record, that is NOT what I'm saying you guys should do. I'm not saying ya'll should sit back and do nothing. I'm trying to send a message here:
Think about how small this issue is in the grand scheme of things! You guys are on an online forum, waiting for deliveries of $80,000+ cars. There are many, MANY people who could only hope to make that amount of money in three to four years. The cars will come, and I hope they come soon for you guys, but I'm trying to keep it real here.:)
I mean sure, people that ordered last year have been hearing that for how long? 9 months? I don’t want to end up in that same situation. Or maybe they’ll just cancel 19s, or cancel CF trim, or some other nonsense. Call us to switch to something and convert our orders and put us in the back of the queue. Too many instabilities to trust their system and I feel as the public, investors, and other owners who are considering upgrading should know this. Configurator right now says you can get a car in July. Anyone can order a car right now with any config and the hell will freeze over before they actually get their car in July.

I mean sure, people that ordered last year have been hearing that for how long? 9 months? I don’t want to end up in that same situation. Or maybe they’ll just cancel 19s, or cancel CF trim, or some other nonsense. Call us to switch to something and convert our orders and put us in the back of the queue. Too many instabilities to trust their system and I feel as the public, investors, and other owners who are considering upgrading should know this. Configurator right now says you can get a car in July. Anyone can order a car right now with any config and the hell will freeze over before they actually get their car in July.
You, and many other people on this thread are experiencing the pros and cons of a company that can directly control their products and prices.

The other alternative, every other legacy auto maker, is what's happening with the Mach-E with Ford, where the damn dealers can't even update the car without bricking it! And then once they brick it, they have to wait for Big Lethargic Committee-Run corporation to get their *sugar* together, to MAYBE fix it. Ford promised OTA updates! OTA updates are NOT when you have to take your vehicle in to the dealership, and when they can't handle the most basic stuff. Talk about a bait-and-switch! And THEN, how about reports of the Mach-E overheating from regen! WTF!

It's unfortunate that Tesla is so backlogged, that they can't focus on the small things and details, but once they ramp Texas and Berlin, they will have more time for these things.

Every car manufacturer is really struggling right now due to material shortages. Frankly at least Tesla is delivering cars and doing better than others. u get the frustration. But go and try and buy a Corvette right now. And, GM just announced the new c8 z06 will not be out until 2023! Lots of people have deposits on that car and have to wait. At least I see Tesla out there making cars that we want, unlike other car makers. Other car makers generally seem to be making boring incremental upgrades to me. There is an old saying...don't bite the hand that feeds.