Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes is a great car company. The only German manufacturer that I've seen that isn't trying to collude to hide their emissions.:)

I don't know if you were trying to make a joke or not. Dieselgate: Mercedes drivers sue Daimler in Germany | DW | 07.07.2021

A German consumer group announced Wednesday that it had opened a class action lawsuit over the Dieselgate emissions scandal in Stuttgart, where Mercedes manufacturer Daimler is headquartered.

The case stems from a recall launched by Germany's Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) on hundreds of thousands of diesel vehicles made by Daimler. The vehicles required retrofitting of their exhaust technology. Many believe that the car maker used illegal cheat devices to pass emissions tests, similar to its rival Volkswagen.

"Despite official recalls, Daimler continues to this day to dispute that it deliberately manipulated exhaust emission figures," said Klaus Müller, the head of the Federation of German Consumer Organizations. The activists believe a win against Daimler would help Mercedes owners claim damages.

It seems to me that they are just following the standard playbook.

Or they'll just sit on the profits and tell you new supercharger locations are coming in two weeks. I'm losing faith here. I need them to show me they mean business with something other than a party for the Plaid team.
They have a new definition now since they have realized "two weeks" was compromised by us - consumers. Now they prefer to say "we are getting close"
1627499803878.png

They have a new definition now since they have realized "two weeks" was compromised by us - consumers. Now they prefer to say "we are getting close"
View attachment 689213
actually, i was a wise guy in my response to this. the real question is, "the cut off part seems to imply jackson was saying the website is for new orders going in" - then it was cut off - did he say or imply those in queue...are in queue?
thanks so much!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For someone who had very close Edds such as July something ~ August something, I just talked with SA and told me my car was built on July 22nd.

I was getting timeframe from July 17th, your car would be already built but just waiting for ok sign from factory side inspection(SA told me there's an inspection before they assign the VIN and that's why there's an about weekly gab between built date and VIN assignment date.

Just be little more patient, you'll get a VIN soon.

So finally i can share some good news which i just received from my SA. Also he told me on the Phone my car should enter Production this Saturday. This is for Canada so will see if thats true. Currently EDD shows blank.

View attachment 689202
The good news in that is they will send a whole bunch of cars at once by train. So that means that maybe my Plaid will be on that August train too. That is of course, if your SA actually isn't making that up.

So finally i can share some good news which i just received from my SA. Also he told me on the Phone my car should enter Production this Saturday. This is for Canada so will see if thats true. Currently EDD shows blank.

View attachment 689202
Great to hear. The more exciting part to read (to me) is where you mentioned that he verbally stated the car should enter production this Saturday. As in, they are still building these.
I think the Gabe video showed no new S's, and the dusty are still....dusty.
I don't know if they're short of chips or supplies.
Or retooling.
Or what's going on - but if they're able to build that is a good thing. If they're on hiatus....that's a bad thing. could mean shortage, design, etc.
fingers crossed all around!

Lol, I just had 2 chats with 2 different agents over the tesla website and a few things I have realized:
1. They definitely have a policy that allows them to drop customers from chat if they feel customers are pushing hard asking questions they are not supposed to answer or so.
2. They are definitely able to see the date or time window when your order should go to an assembly line. But can't say this to you since on their side that date is also "estimated"

After seeing what people are paying for Plaids for sale on different channels, one could probably buy their 2nd choice, drive around for a month and sell for price of new! Its a crazy used market out there!
I live in California and the taxes suck when buying a new car.

For my build, paying $13K in sales tax. So no - buying and selling again would never break even. Might work in another state.

so I would have to pay $10K over my reservation. Plus $13K+ in taxes. Then try to recover $165K selling second hand?

I mean I’m impatient, irritated. But I can’t rationalize this. 😜

actually, i was a wise guy in my response to this. the real question is, "the cut off part seems to imply jackson was saying the website is for new orders going in" - then it was cut off - did he say or imply those in queue...are in queue?
thanks so much!
One thing I can say for sure is all those people over chat are using crack with their managers who make policies on how to deal with potential and actual customers over chat. When you ask them "where is my car?" - they tell you "Did you think about getting Tesla solar? - and if you will say "no" they will drop you.

Try it, you will get what I'm talking about :)