Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So apparently I drunk ordered another Plaid last night.. Instead of white interior I chose black with the ebony wood & 21's. This order said October/November to start and now it says "August" while my original order is blank... Should be interesting
I would do it also but it’s a $10K increase in price.
So I pay $10K to maybe get a car sooner with my second choice interior. Guess it’s $100 to have another tracking mechanism. But if it changes into a sale it’s a $10K surcharge to get something sooner. Doesn’t feel good to reward my impatience and burn $10K.

I would however flip to a black interior if Tesla offered it without cost penalty or a order reset. But it seems like this could only happen if they call me. It’s not something I can initiate within the existing rules.

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.
Appreciate your work!
Is there any other way to read what you have written besides Twitter for those of us that don't ?
It'll be posted on here, the rough draft is a couple of pages back.

Tesla is fully refundable and besides the Lucid looks like an Oldsmobile ! The 'when' is the operative. Right now our 'when' can be measured in weeks to low single digit months vs their 'when' which is TBD. Right now it is like reserving a bottle of air.
Interestingly enough, I feel as I paid $100 for a picture of Tesla, as far as I'm concerned right now. There's not even a month or a year for estimated delivery on my account. Errr, $200 dollars, for two orders, of two different Teslas, that are both blank.

Oldsmobile or not, everyone is caught up on the looks. The shell and exterior can change as long as they have the drivetrain and performance figured out.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.43.06 PM.png

I think all of these people are forgetting what other manufacturers will still be doing when they 'catch up (🤣)':
Imagine the Ford customers when they start buying $90,000 Lightning Platinums!
Or what about when Ford was saying that piston-slap on the refreshed Mustang was 'normal'? PISTON SLAP!
These are big, corporate run companies where things take FOREVER to happen, and where their dealers HATE EVs, because they can't make *sugar* off of service.

Completely Agree with your thoughts. I asked the question initially only because of what seems to be the priority of deliveries right now. LR will give ”almost” everything Plaid will, with much less cost. The only reason I contemplated going Plaid route was to possibly getting it earlier plus obviously being the fastest prod car on the planet is something I for one never imaging before having in my garage. The thought of being able to beat any car on the road (whether one does it or not) is gratifying enough IMO.

Is waiting possibly 2 additional months worth $45k is probably the question I should have asked.
The other question we can't answer, as Tesla is a puzzle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a(n) enima? anyway, what will the MS be like in a couple or few months? Identical? exterior refresh or not? some different internals or not (like that driver's side rear door jam that doesn't align?) software fixed?
I have NO IDEA if I were to get an LR in say February, would that be identical to the LR I'd love to get now or in a month - different chips? Maybe. Do they perform differently? no idea. clock speed? reliability? other workarounds?
It is NOT worth $45k to me to get the car sooner. I decided that. But I really had to think about it.
Then the next question is, how much more is it worth it to me to get the car LATER?
I think all things being equal, I'd consider $5k to get the car sooner. That could be as simple as placing a new order, and thus it would have the $5k higher sticker. Add a non white interior, and Bob's yer uncle.
Or, would Q1 2022 have incremental improvements that make it worth MORE to get the car then. Working BT headphones? ANC? Cyberpunk and Witcher? Possibly XM radio? Would Q1 2022 be closer to a second model year as far as refinements, revisions and bug fixes go? I dunno.
But it is that "dance' that is having me mellow about about a prospective multi month wait longer than expected. Until a day or two ago i was confident i'd get my beast early or at worst late September. Now? Not sure if it would be March.
If 6 months later:
1) 2022 model (don't know if any changes form 2021)
2) possibly higher residual value
3) possible bug fixes, design tweaks
4) also possible cars nerfed by then
I can also envision changes on the configurator - lower range, maybe smaller battery packs, maybe cheaper motors with less performance (as long as they disclose)
i doubt that would happen, but I can envision it.
Could also go in the other direction - maybe improvements to the range, battery pack, motors, essentially refinements.

I think all of these people are forgetting what other manufacturers will still be doing when they 'catch up (🤣)':
Imagine the Ford customers when they start buying $90,000 Lightning Platinums!
Or what about when Ford was saying that piston-slap on the refreshed Mustang was 'normal'? PISTON SLAP!

Once the supercharger network is available to all EV, that takes a big benefit out of Tesla's exclusivity. Can't wait to see how long before the superchargers are either all taken up or broken due to 100x more use. Once other manufacturers get close in performance and reliability, even if they have crappy customer service, the people will have more options for reliable EV instead of 4 models that pretty much have 2 different looks to them, and a bunch of ghost cars that will come out who knows when (roadster, plaid+, cybertruck, etc)

Once the supercharger network is available to all EV, that takes a big benefit out of Tesla's exclusivity. Can't wait to see how long before the superchargers are either all taken up or broken due to 100x more use. Once other manufacturers get close in performance and reliability, even if they have crappy customer service, the people will have more options for reliable EV instead of 4 models that pretty much have 2 different looks to them, and a bunch of ghost cars that will come out who knows when (roadster, plaid+, cybertruck, etc)
Absolutely, but the other manufacturers will have to PAY to support the network which will only benefit Tesla more. And what happens when the 25k Tesla comes out? Manufacturers can't even match the BASE Model 3 right now, and are hoping to get there by 2025! And with the $10,000 tax credit.......

The other question we can't answer, as Tesla is a puzzle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a(n) enima? anyway, what will the MS be like in a couple or few months? Identical? exterior refresh or not? some different internals or not (like that driver's side rear door jam that doesn't align?) software fixed?
I have NO IDEA if I were to get an LR in say February, would that be identical to the LR I'd love to get now or in a month - different chips? Maybe. Do they perform differently? no idea. clock speed? reliability? other workarounds?
It is NOT worth $45k to me to get the car sooner. I decided that. But I really had to think about it.
Then the next question is, how much more is it worth it to me to get the car LATER?
I think all things being equal, I'd consider $5k to get the car sooner. That could be as simple as placing a new order, and thus it would have the $5k higher sticker. Add a non white interior, and Bob's yer uncle.
Or, would Q1 2022 have incremental improvements that make it worth MORE to get the car then. Working BT headphones? ANC? Cyberpunk and Witcher? Possibly XM radio? Would Q1 2022 be closer to a second model year as far as refinements, revisions and bug fixes go? I dunno.
But it is that "dance' that is having me mellow about about a prospective multi month wait longer than expected. Until a day or two ago i was confident i'd get my beast early or at worst late September. Now? Not sure if it would be March.
If 6 months later:
1) 2022 model (don't know if any changes form 2021)
2) possibly higher residual value
3) possible bug fixes, design tweaks
4) also possible cars nerfed by then
I can also envision changes on the configurator - lower range, maybe smaller battery packs, maybe cheaper motors with less performance (as long as they disclose)
i doubt that would happen, but I can envision it.
Could also go in the other direction - maybe improvements to the range, battery pack, motors, essentially refinements.
Tesla is continuously making small improvements so the model year is irrelevant other than giving the perception of being newer if it’s a 2022 vs 2021. However, I have no doubt a Model S built 6 months after mine will be a slightly better car. Most likely I’ll never be able to spot the differences though.

Yup that is today's unfortunate circumstances. You either have the dishonest and biased media, or you have ill-informed 3rd part reviewers.
Dishonest is when you change the facts to fit your view. There are a few outlets we all know that do that. Biased is when they report more on subjects they want you to care about, or gets them better ratings. They ALL do that.

That video was just someone trying to get more clicks without doing his due diligence on what he was saying.

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.
Thanks, newly registered after reading for weeks and sitting on this Plaid order. I can't PM bc of new registration, so lmk how I can add mine to your list.

Ordered fairly recently, Jun 27. Plaid/blue/black/CF/21"
RN115214...
Blank EDD

Dishonest is when you change the facts to fit your view. There are a few outlets we all know that do that. Biased is when they report more on subjects they want you to care about, or gets them better ratings. They ALL do that.

That video was just someone trying to get more clicks without doing his due diligence on what he was saying.
Yepper! That's what I meant by 'ill-informed'. Had he taken more time to research stuff, that would've been a different story.

Absolutely, but the other manufacturers will have to PAY to support the network which will only benefit Tesla more. And what happens when the 25k Tesla comes out? Manufacturers can't even match the BASE Model 3 right now! And with the $10,000 tax credit.......
Once other manufacturers and car owners start paying to use the network Tesla will have tons of extra cash to expand the network rapidly. Tesla will essentially become the Exxon of fast charging, raking in ridiculous surplus income. Also, it may incentivize government entities and other manufacturers to help expand a brand neutral network of high power chargers.