Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol my car has been in "build planning" for weeks. It's meaningless. I'm pretty sure ALL cars go into build "planning" before they're built. I mean, what else could they be doing?! I doubt the Service Advisors have any clue about timing.
technically build planning definition could mean it starts from when you finish your online order ....so you're probably right

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.34.23 PM.png

And so this just happened.

Tesla is continuously making small improvements so the model year is irrelevant other than giving the perception of being newer if it’s a 2022 vs 2021. However, I have no doubt a Model S built 6 months after mine will be a slightly better car. Most likely I’ll never be able to spot the differences though.
This👆 is absolutely true. Tesla would never downgrade the car to make it cheaper or something because the new MS is actually already cheaper to produce than the pre-refresh, but they will always be making it different in a good way. For example, if you were to take delivery in February of 2022 with Arachnids, it's likely that your could would come with the 200 mph top speed if it was a Plaid, and would likely have panel gaps in check, along with ANC turned on already, possibly Track Mode, and maybe even some power boosts to improve performance.

So I'm going bonkers, flipping out, and looking at the code of the new website account page. Not sure if this is old info:
1) Tesla either has or had or will have their own insurance - here's a copy:
1627501555058.png

1627501615571.png

2) There's something called Codan insurance - where you can get up to 30 days of free coverage. That may be a part of the Tesla insurance.
1627501720871.png

BTW, still nothing for me under vin, EDD, September, or anything else. Womp womp! :(

How can you find out? SA? someone else? My SA told me last week best place to get info was my account online...which didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. thanks!
SA again some other Canadian owners also mentioned that the cars are actually in build stage so something is going on for us up north. Again i dont believe it untill i have my VIN i am just sharing what was communicated.

This👆 is absolutely true. Tesla would never downgrade the car to make it cheaper or something because the new MS is actually already cheaper to produce than the pre-refresh, but they will always be making it different in a good way. For example, if you were to take delivery in February of 2022 with Arachnids, it's likely that your could would come with the 200 mph top speed if it was a Plaid, and would likely have panel gaps in check, along with ANC turned on already, possibly Track Mode, and maybe even some power boosts to improve performance.
So they won’t be removing passenger lumbar support on the Model S?

So I'm going bonkers, flipping out, and looking at the code of the new website account page. Not sure if this is old info:
1) Tesla either has or had or will have their own insurance - here's a copy:
View attachment 689220
View attachment 689222

2) There's something called Codan insurance - where you can get up to 30 days of free coverage. That may be a part of the Tesla insurance.
View attachment 689224
BTW, still nothing for me under vin, EDD, September, or anything else. Womp womp! :(
Seems like they are definitely are working on many changes for the website and their services. For past week we have seen many changes on accounts, my SA and "friends" over chat told me they are trying to do many changes now

1627501929012.png

We will definatley see a few new things in coming a few days/weeks.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So finally i can share some good news which i just received from my SA. Also he told me on the Phone my car should enter Production this Saturday. This is for Canada so will see if thats true. Currently EDD shows blank.

View attachment 689202
That's hopeful, but I have 19s. My wife is picking up her new Y this Friday so I will inquire in person then.