Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not gonna lie ... I felt a bit of anxiety reading that as if I am back in the super special important room with the real "real" advisor/sales associate who's going to get this all taken care for you and it's only going to be another 30 mins even though it is hour#5 and running since you entered the dealership this morning and you KNOW it's going to be another 2-3 hours at least.
I started sending an attorney with a PoA. Problem solved. Oh, and then I started buying Teslas - whole new bag of problems.
But, I also found a great group of folks to commiserate with. Ever tried having a pity party with a bunch of M series guys????

Last edited:
I started sending an attorney with a PoA. Problem solved. Oh, and then I started buying Teslas - whole new bag of problems.
But, I also found a great group of folks to commiserate with. Ever tried having a pity party with a bunch of M series guys????
Up late, are we Bill? ;)
Heck, it’s not even 10pm on this coast, and I’m already in bed.. must be that 21 y.o. scotch i‘ve been enjoying after dinner.

Last edited:
CA88C19B-4FDB-4F4A-ADE1-CDAE6E3F8F96.jpeg

Not panicking (yet) but how long does Tesla’s credit application process take to accept?
😳
It was a few hours with each of my previous 3 Teslas but with Plaid it was the next day because apparently everything related to Plaid must be delayed to tie in to the authentic experience. If you haven't heard back by tomorrow morning start of business hours, send a nudge to your SA and/or [email protected]

Each case is different mine was about 2-3 hours (however I declined their offer)
It was a few hours with each of my previous 3 Teslas but with Plaid it was the next day because apparently everything related to Plaid must be delayed to tie in to the authentic experience. If you haven't heard back by tomorrow morning start of business hours, send a nudge to your SA and/or [email protected]
Thanks, both of you. @akzure why did you decline?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Easy to say when you’re picking your car up TOMORROW 😜
F4D48D29-D3AF-476B-BA63-437A08C09302.jpeg

You’re right, definitely easier to say now than a few days ago. Still, even as the June promise slid to July and I saw other Plaids being delivered for one reason or another, I knew I would eventually take delivery and that I was likely in the home stretch. When July slipped to August, I felt the same way.

If my date had slipped again, I would’ve expected it no later than end of September. If September then didn’t materialize, I would’ve pulled out and found a car elsewhere starting in October.

So, try to take comfort in what progress you have, if any. And, try to determine if you’re willing to wait until September ends or would rather just be past all this.

Alright guys, 2021.24 is out for the MS, and here's what it contains:

The ironic thing (for me) is that I (and many others) have wanted to control our auto-dimming mirrors for years on our Model 3s (it’s tough with tint at night!), and now I’ll never get to experience it on my 3 since she goes bye bye tomorrow. Such is life.