Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe 50,000 times for you.. :)

I really was't going to judge but not really understanding your logic here ^^^. Growing up wealthy or quite comfortable doesn't equate to debadging nor does what you call "innovate" -- that is pretending you drive a quicker or better or more expensive car by feeling the need to add a badge to a car you're only pretending to drive.

I'm 52 now but grew up in a financially comfortable way (not "wealthy" as I would call it) with my parents owning a jewelry store in MA (although my father was a CPA before the jewelry store). After college, I became a cardiovascular surgical device sales rep for > 20 years and now I own/run my own company in a different industry. Never thought about debadging, but I can understand why people would debadge the MS Plaid (which is currently the quickest production vehicle on the planet) and you're not too interested in street racing every teenager who pulls up next to you in whatever vehicle or every jackass in their Lambo or Porsche on the highway. Now, adding a PLAID badge on a car that isn't the tri-motor MS Plaid, there's really only one reason to do that, right? And like you said, it's NOT for your wife as she doesn't need the extra power nor does she feel the need to impress anyone. It is what it is but no reason to come up with some sort of alternative explanation which doesn't make much sense. BTW -- nobody is questioning what you can or cannot afford. It's not about that.
The need to add the "PLAID" badge comes in 40
,000 different ways, I have always been one to make more of what I have without giving up my cover. Tesla made this easy. Sorry if you don't appreciate it, glad to know of your history, although I could expand much, ill just leave it as a $150 upgrade......

People buy counterfeit clothing, jewelry, fake GoPros on and on.

Comes down to wanting the “effect” without the cost.

For me personally it would be a constant source of embarrassment. When my buddies ask for a ride in the “plaid” and I disappoint them with M3P performance instead of Plaid, it becomes obvious the car is a fraud and that I’m chasing status.

Anyway - I want my plaid to be a stealth beast. I don’t want stares because I drive a bright red Ferrari. It’s not how I judge my personal success. But to each their own.
As someone else here just said, I can understand adding the CF spoiler...it kind of completes the rear end and looks great. But adding a PLAID badge, that's another story; only one reason for that.

So what are you adding @Tigers for the other 300HP/TQ needed to make it to PLAID level HP/TQ...FAKE rocket thrusters or really LARGE FAKE exhaust tips (oh wait, it's an EV...eh...do it anyway...looks cool)? 😜

It's not just about the hp bro. I'm taking out all the seats, off all the doors, removing the hatchback and frunk hood. I'm going to beat all the 🦚 s off the line baby.

The need to add the "PLAID" badge comes in 40
,000 different ways, I have always been one to make more of what I have without giving up my cover. Tesla made this easy. Sorry if you don't appreciate it, glad to know of your history, although I could expand much, ill just leave it as a $150 upgrade......
Hope that's not how you do business. I always learned that you should be happy with what you have, work super hard, and get what you can truly afford and what makes you happy while never pretending to be something you're not. It's called channeling your inner peace and happiness from within. ;)

Last edited:

For me personally it would be a constant source of embarrassment. When my buddies ask for a ride in the “plaid” and I disappoint them with M3P performance instead of Plaid, it becomes obvious the car is a fraud and that I’m chasing status.

Anyway - I want my plaid to be a stealth beast. I don’t want stares because I drive a bright red Ferrari. It’s not how I judge my personal success. But to each their own.
Good for you, your a better man than me! No difference to anyone who doesn't track the car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Anyway - I want my plaid to be a stealth beast. I don’t want stares because I drive a bright red Ferrari. It’s not how I judge my personal success. But to each their

Nobody is better than anyone else; it's just how you view yourself dude. Wishing you all the best and all the happiness in your world! Enjoy your new MS LR...she's a beauty! :cool:
It's a car, not a piece of jewelery. Thanks...wish you well, see you in Naples in Feb.

Since you guys ate up that LR video, here are some additional ones. This one's spec is with a white interior as well:
Keep in mind that this guy says it like it is. After watching these though, it's nothing that we haven't discussed before, and nothing that can't be fixed with SW.

In this video, he was clearly confused about the range, as it is 375 miles with the 21" wheels.
Normally I wouldn't put up this video, but it is LR content.

A video about the yoke:

A full overview in the daylight, that really shows off the white.

Keep in mind that again, he tells it like it is:
This was an issue with obstacle aware acceleration with the parking sensors being blocked.

This is actually done on purpose to conserve energy when someone else isn't in the car.

Same thing with the HVAC:
Revised 2021 Tesla Model S - walk around video, newly discovered problem and Xpel PPF.

And last one. Nothing that can't be solved with SW:
Well, besides the pano roof, which most people love.
Revised 2021 Tesla Model S - Problems

Nobody is better than anyone else; it's just how you view yourself dude. Wishing you all the best and all the happiness in your world! Enjoy your new MS LR...she's a beauty! :cool:
Yah agree.

But it’s not about “the track”. I will have a freaking massive smile on my face every time I get on the freeway or stomp on it to pass a car. I love performance and power. Plaid is a wicked bargain for what it can do. And you absolutely do not need a track to enjoy acceleration and power.

I will be debadging mine.

For those considering fake Plaiding your car, just know that almost no one cares. Out of the few that will know what Plaid is, those who really know (car enthusiasts) will be able to recognize that you faked it. So you’re left impressing teens and a few non enthusiasts.

I personally laugh at the fake badgers. The M badges on 328i, the fake AMG on C250. I pulled up on a guy with a fake C63 AMG in my real AMG. Revved my engine, guy never looked over, he knew he was busted.

I bought a fake Rolex once, put it once or twice, realized how fake I was and gave it to some friend. Never again. 🤷‍♂️
You will be de-badging yours, and then you go on to say no one will notice or care...

Do you hear yourself as you type these things?

Yah agree.

But it’s not about “the track”. I will have a freaking massive smile on my face every time I get on the freeway or stomp on it to pass a car. I love performance and power. Plaid is a wicked bargain for what it can do. And you absolutely do not need a track to enjoy acceleration and power.
Agree 💯% !!!!! Hermanos...we think ALIKE. Haha. ;) I already know my PLAID is going to also put a smile on my face every single day...as long as I don't have major problems with the vehicle, I'll probably love it!

My door-less, seat-less, trunk-less long range model s peasant mobile is going to go 0-60 is 1.97 seconds and that includes rollout. Git sum!

OMFG THAT'S EFFING DISGUSTING ROFL!!!!! BEST POST YOU'VE EVER MADE MY DUDE!
That hit me right where it matters:

58197152.jpg

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: auger and Tigers
Folks are missing a great reason to put a plaid badge on a non-plaid: the people who know enough to recognize it won’t be itching to race you, ever. So you can 🦚 around and never be challenged because they know they’ll lose.

I, conversely left the badges off because I like the look, but I also hope to have people do the opposite and not realize it is a plaid until we’ve had some fun.