Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an educational video about Tesla Model S Refresh Plaid and LR owners. It very clearly discusses the desire of LR owners, who cannot afford a Plaid, wanting to feel better about their options and be included with the cool kids, as well as the arrogance of Plaid owners who scoff at them for trying to feel as if they can be included.

Eventually, with all the badging and de-badging, They realize how silly they have all been.

Folks are missing a great reason to put a plaid badge on a non-plaid: the people who know enough to recognize it won’t be itching to race you, ever. So you can 🦚 around and never be challenged because they know they’ll lose.
I'm not so sure about that. :) People shouldn't be racing even the LR with how fast that thing is.
Additionally, the people who know enough may also be confused on whether or not it is the real deal, so they may be MORE inclined to race you to find out.

I'm not so sure about that. :) People shouldn't be racing even the LR with how fast that thing is.
Additionally, the people who know enough may also be confused on whether or not it is the real deal, so they may be MORE inclined to race you to find out.
But my anecdotal evidence has demonstrated that I couldn’t get a single Mclaren to even try when the badge was there, and now they follow me like BEES

of note: 87% of my words (by volume) are satire.

Here is an educational video about Tesla Model S Refresh Plaid and LR owners. It very clearly discusses the desire of LR owners, who cannot afford a Plaid, wanting to feel better about their options and be included with the cool kids, as well as the arrogance of Plaid owners who scoff at them for trying to feel as if they are just as good.

Eventually, with all the badging and de-badging, They realize how silly they have all been.

Are there actually people here planning on throwing a plaid badge on their car? I thought we were all just ****ing around

As a 54 year old guy who has a LR, badged as a PLAID, I can say if you unless you are a track/dragstrip person, the LR will suffice as more than you need.

As a 54 year old guy who has a LR, badged as a PLAID, I can say if you unless you are a track/dragstrip person, the LR will suffice as more than you need.
I can't wait to find out in 12 days 🤪

My wife told me today we are taking a 45 minute Uber with the kids because "There is no way she is dropping me off so she can drive the other car home".

You got to be joking! There is very little cosmetics in the two models, what did you think would happen?
I'm going to get a stack of these stickers. Every time I see a Plaid in a parking lot, I'll replace their plaid badge with this one.

1628565007335.png