Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that the same as a “Poser”?
Yes, a Poser; same as the guy in a regular BMW 3-Series who puts one those M3 /// badges on it but following behind him, you notice his 2 small exhaust pipes on the left side only and his std BMW non-upgraded wheels.

Same thing here with the PLAID badge. It’s a bit sad actually. The guy spends > $100k on a brand new Tesla sports sedan which runs 3.0 sec 0-60mph and 1/4 mi in 10.8 sec @ 128mph and isn’t happy with that, so he pretends it’s better and quicker by pretending it’s something else. Call it like a spade.

Yes I absolutely could.
My question is why you think that whether people can tell or not matters. Just because you can 'get away with it', doesn't mean you should do it. Just curious my dude.:)
I HATE confrontation online, but this one's got me very curious.
Now lets talk about padded bras and hair loss solutions...

Also, why is none of this being projected at all the LR posers removing their Plaid badges? Just because you can 'get away with it', doesn't mean you should do it.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, a Poser; same as the guy in a regular BMW 3-Series who puts one those M3 /// badges on it but following behind him, you notice his 2 small exhaust pipes on the left side only and his std BMW non-upgraded wheels. Same thing here with the PLAID badge. Call it like a spade.
Got it! By the time I wake up tomorrow and check this thread for EDD updates, another 10,000 pages will have gone by…

Is that the same as a “Poser”?
Exactly! I had a modified Lotus Elise back in the days. Car looked like a million box. Went to the gym when I got out a guy was standing next to it (happened all the time). I asked what he was doing there (usually they simply looked at the car) guy candidly admitted: oh sorry I was there pretending it was my car to hit on girls. I was like are you ****ing serious??

Anyway, I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of his/her LR it’s a great car on its own merit. Putting a Plaid badge is like cheating on your golf card. You’re only fooling yourself (and teenage boys 🤣 ). ✌️

Exactly! I had a modified Lotus Elise back in the days. Car looked like a million box. Went to the gym when I got out a guy was standing next to it (happened all the time). I asked what he was doing there (usually they simply looked at the car) guy candidly admitted: oh sorry I was there pretending it was my car to hit on girls. I was like are you ****ing serious??

anyway, I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of his/her LR it’s a great car on its own merit. Putting a Plaid badge is like cheating on your golf card. You’re only fooling yourself. ✌️
Now “That” is a Poser!!!!

Anyway, I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of his/her LR it’s a great car on its own merit. Putting a Plaid badge is like cheating on your golf card. You’re only fooling yourself (and teenage boys 🤣 ). ✌️
Thats a lot of boxes!

99% People here, have no clue even what a Tesla is. Simple Fact! A Models S LR means nothing, A Model S Plaid, means nothing, might as well be the best you can be.
By faking it? 🤔. Can’t say I agree with that but okay, it’s your right to do so. Anyway, I do truly wish you all the best and serious enjoyment driving your or your wife’s MS LR. Congrats! 🙏🏻😎

And yet the main reason they say they do it is to avoid the attention. Sounds a lot dumber than putting the badge and spoiler on a LR.
Not necessarily. The Plaid people are trying to blend in by removing the badge. Or they like the look. They aren't exactly trying to be an LR. To my understanding, they're trying to be a MS. The idea behind the 'posing' is that the LR person is trying to be a car they are not, by purposely calling attention to his car. They are literally trying to imitate something they don't actually have.

Last edited: