Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is everybody here a FB, thought you might be the exception...guess not.
The Tesla MS Plaid is my 1st Tesla (2nd EV though) and anyone here will tell you, I am no Tesla FB. This ordering/buying/delivery (well not quite yet after 6+ months) has been the worst car buying experience of my life and I think I’ve owned/driven more than 2 dozen cars in the past 36 years. Time will tell if I have the stomach to buy another one, lol. 🤪

You will be de-badging yours, and then you go on to say no one will notice or care...

Do you hear yourself as you type these things?
I will be debadging as I have a business and live in a country where success is sometimes frowned upon. I want to keep it on the down low. I heard in the US some people park their expensive cars in front of their businesses with pride, don’t do it here, you’ll never hear the end of it and will lose business.

But yeah I hear myself, I’m buying the faster more expensive car and make it look less expensive while some buy the LR and will try to show off like they bought the Plaid.

Some want to enjoy life without antagonizing customers, other want to impress teenage boys or get recognition for something they actually didn’t buy. Massive difference.

@dianepierce can we get a few things straight here: 1) your name isnt diane and 2) you put a plaid badge on your long range model s?

Can I respectfully ask you something?

WTH does being a fanboy or not have to do with badging your car a model that it is not? Just curious dude. :)
Can you tell the difference? Debadging, Badging, there should be a bigger difference for 40-50k, no?

Maybe.
Can you tell the difference? Debadging, Badging, there should be a bigger difference for 40-50k, no?
I do agree with you here. Tesla probably should’ve made a few more distinguishable differences between Plaid & LR. But it seems nothing Tesla does or doesn’t do makes much sense to most people.

Yes I absolutely could.
My question is why you think that whether people can tell or not matters. Just because you can 'get away with it', doesn't mean you should do it. Just curious my dude.:)
I HATE confrontation online, but this one's got me very curious.