Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found that not asking for a specific SA gets me great results. My SA has never been available. After about the third attempt to reach him, I just started calling Tesla and speaking to whoever answered my call. Each of those interactions have been great. Just go through the menu options until you get to "new car purchase" option. All of those calls have been friendly and helpful. They emailed me my Monroney sticker, tracked my vehicle for me, and even corrected my payment method.

The fact that this is the best option is absurd in itself. Why even assign SAs? At some point just have a lot of knowledgable people available to eveegone. Sadly those "knowledgable" people get fed the same info we do 90% of the time.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I would like to thank @sam3194 for taking the initiative to get Tesla to give us some communication. With Tesla's past history we know better to trust any EDD but then again maybe, just maybe they are starting to understand that their customer's deserve to be treated better. We know that if Tesla wants to continue to be an EV leader that they will need to start providing customer service. Let's not get carried away. They need to provide customer service first before they can provide good to great customer service.

So for me @sam3194 continue to be "that guy". Good or bad that is why we all continue to return here to hear any news. It keeps us busy while we wait.
Thanks again Sam. :D

Thank you. I don’t give up. When it’s based on principle I definitely don’t give up. Believe it or not but I am still fighting for those who signed the letter. It doesn’t just stop with me. It shouldn’t stop with me.

To each their own, but I strongly recommend not pulling that plug. It's there for a reason, so that people walking in parking lots not paying attention (which there are a lot of) don't get runover by your otherwise silent car. Just sayin.🙂
That's why we have back up cameras. People have been driving vehicles in LOUD environments, where your ICE cannot be heard, for 100 years. The speaker is stupid.

That's why we have back up cameras. People have been driving vehicles in LOUD environments, where your ICE cannot be heard, for 100 years. The speaker is stupid.
Yep and people were getting hit all the time with those ICEs. Perhaps now, with the change towards EVs, the government thinks that would be a good time to make a change to that.

Last edited:
Yep and people were getting hit all the time with those ICEs. Perhaps now, with the change towards EVs, that would be a good time to make a change to that.
Nope, it's stupid. If I hit you with my car, the speaker did nothing to stop me from doing that. If you walk into my car, because you didn't hear it, you weren't paying attention.

People have been running toddlers over in driveways since forever. The toddler is not going to move out of the way any faster than the ones who didn't move out of the way of the V8 pickup truck. '

It's dumb.

Nope, it's stupid. If I hit you with my car, the speaker did nothing to stop me from doing that. If you walk into my car, because you didn't hear it, you weren't paying attention.

People have been running toddlers over in driveways since forever. The toddler is not going to move out of the way any faster than the ones who didn't move out of the way of the V8 pickup truck. '

It's dumb.
But if you, the owner, has tampered with something that is supposed to help pedestrians, wouldn't that negatively affect your situation? Couldn't the people who weren't paying attention claim that you modified your car to be unsafe and that's why they didn't hear you? Regardless of whether it actually works or not.

For those with new wall chargers, don't forget to add the receipt to your tax file. The $500 charger is eligible for a 30% tax credit from the IRS for next year's tax. Use Form 8911. Hey. it's $150 back so worth it.
Definitely! Maryland also provides a credit for equipment as well as installation cost. I haven't researched it, but does the IRS allow a credit for installation cost?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
One order. Congrats. Let's burn down the factory and protest.

There is likely more to it than $10,000.

Dude the facts speak for themselves. That’s just one that I see posted. I’m sure there are many more. You’d think tesla would have communicated if you wanted white interior you’ll wait 9 months. But if you’re okay with black interior you can pick it up in 2 weeks.

Oh yeah, and if you order with a price increase and black we can get it to you soon. But if you want to change your order to something you can get sooner you’ll have to pay the extra $10k anyway.

So yes, ultimately this is more about the $10k than it is prioritizing earlier orders.

But if you, the owner, has tampered with something that is supposed to help pedestrians, wouldn't that negatively affect your situation? Couldn't the people who weren't paying attention claim that you modified your car to be unsafe and that's why they didn't hear you? Regardless of whether it actually works or not.
So you never speed? I live in Rhode Island. We are not allowed to tint our windows, we have to have front license plates, and you are not supposed to speed.

I plan to violate all of those things. I have gone over 30 years driving and have never hit a pedestrian. Unplugging that speaker is not going to hurt my odds.

So you never speed? I live in Rhode Island. We are not allowed to tint our windows, we have to have front license plates, and you are not supposed to speed.

I plan to violate all of those things. I have gone over 30 years driving and have never hit a pedestrian. Unplugging that speaker is not going to hurt my odds.
TBH, that's what I was thinking too. The government doesn't care about owners' particular cars, it cares about how those cars are sold. :)

Reactions: AnselmDante
TBH, that's what I was thinking too. The government doesn't care about owners' particular cars, it cars about how those cars are sold. :)
"Sir, a pedestrian stupidly walked into your car. Your speaker was unplugged."

"I didn't unplug it officer. It must have come undone, or wasn't plugged in at the factory. I can't hear it from inside the car. I figured it was working." :rolleyes:

It's my understanding that a NEMA 14-50 plug is limited to 40amps. The wall connector can charge at 48amps. How this info relates to @Lawdogg149's question--I have no idea. I don't yet own a Tesla and have never owned an EV.
Nema 14-50 would be used with the mobile charger that comes with the vehicle. It is 32A max. The wall connector is hard wired to the electrical panel.