Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With that attitude? Might get fired soon.

I was expecting a quite harsh attitude of "you just ordered some 6 weeks ago bud, calm down". Was pleasantly surprised. I really just wanted to make sure my SA was attached to my account as some other SA texted me about a test drive then I never heard back from original SA. Thought maybe she was accidentally removed from my account, but nope - she just is ignoring me I guess.

December 1142 order here (pre-10k price jump). I heard a rumor that if I agree to pay the extra 10k that I'll get my car sooner... My 1142 order EDD is Sep 17th-Sep 30th. Does anyone who paid the 10k have an EDD sooner or know if this rumor is true? Allegedly some SAs have reached out to customers and offered it up, saying things like, "You can get your car this week if you just pay 10k more"

I do not think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that SAs have been quoted saying that. That would be real bad to put thag in writing. However, it has been confirmed numerous times here that if you make a other order for a Plaid post $10k upgrade you will probably get the car faster. A few even got VINs within a few days.

No one really knows how long or even if it is still true. Could be coincidence with configuration/location, etc. Etc. Tesla and no communication go hand in hand

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Exactly. New orders of the same config are getting priority over those of us that ordered 1 year ago. All of that to make an extra $10k? That's really poor treatment of customers.
Something just occurred to me...perhaps Tesla (Elon) just doesn't care how upset those of us waiting for our S feel, because the rest of the world would just be seeing us as spoiled rich brats crying about not getting our $100K (or $140K) cars. IOW, our feelings are totally expendable.

In Dallas as well. Got my VIN on Monday. How long did the process take after VIN? I still don't have MVPA and the EDD is 8/18-24. Thanks in advance.
I got my VIN on 7/30 So basically took two weeks for the car to get here. There has been zero communication from the Cedar Springs delivery center. I have to call the main Tesla number and speak to them to get any info about my car. Had I not called them this morning, I wouldn't know that the car was here, but damaged. I'm on hold once again trying to see if I can come see the car today to see what other damage may have happened to the car beyond a cracked windshield. Pretty frustrating to not have a direct number to the delivery center.

Something just occurred to me...perhaps Tesla (Elon) just doesn't care how upset those of us waiting for our S feel, because the rest of the world would just be seeing us as spoiled rich brats crying about not getting our $100K (or $140K) cars. IOW, our feelings are totally expendable
I hate that people think this way... Sure, the car is 100k, but I'm by no means a rich person. I'm in the Navy, I deployed, I saved up responsibly and when I returned from deployment I sold my house for a killing (because I moved and the market is insane right now) and can afford the car easily. I decided I didn't want to buy another gas car and wanted the best electric had to offer... but that's me. What was really interesting was when I told my family I was getting the car everyone was actually super supportive and said I was making the right decision because Tesla in general, IS an investment. The car hardly loses any value (unlike every other car), and it doesn't have any of those pesky fluids that require periodic maintenance/replacement. It's 100k, yeah, but how long is it going to last me? How much MORE will I have to spend? Every source I have says really, not a lot more.

The people that complain, "Oh rich spoiled brats are rich and blah blah blah," don't often take the time to see the whole story...

Makes sense though. I've personally almost gotten hit by a Tesla before, so I think this is good rule. You'd be amazed at how silent these vehicles are below 10 mph, when there is little tire noise. I've heard that soon, it's going to become regulation to have cars play the same noise when they are traveling forward under 10 or 15 mph.
But to be honest I’ve driven ‘silent’ Teslas (with no external speakers) for 8 years and never had an issue with a pedestrian getting in the way. The only time it’s happened to me was while driving the family Jeep on a narrow side street. We came up on a very slow skateboarder in the middle of the street, so we slowed down to about 1 MPH until he noticed us. But he got so flustered he fell off his skateboard which scooted under the Jeep. We had to wait for him to climb under the vehicle to recover it. Turns out he was wearing ear buds.

So I’m not going to happy with the fake noise of the new Model S, although I think the boom box option could be fun.

What? 50 amp is 50 amp. 4-5x faster. I think your very confused. The charger that comes with cars have a adapter that converts to 50 amp plug. Not talking about the 110 v setup. Just comparing the wall charger to the supplied charger both on 50 amps. Dont think the wall charger does anything higher. Or am I wrong
Wall charger is on 60 amps rather than 50 so it can charge a bit faster.

Finally got word that my car arrived in Dallas yesterday! Yay! Apparently it arrived with a cracked windshield! They won't release the car to me until they replace it. So now I have to wait another week+ to take delivery.

Beyond frustrating.
I feel your frustration; I went through those similar feelings/frustrations when they placed a nation-wide hold for two weeks that (luckily) turned out to be nothing. Congrats on the new car! It will be more than worth it!

Just a teaser...I still don't have the car back, and the suspension here is still in jack mode, or something...

plaid-1.jpg

I hate that people think this way... Sure, the car is 100k, but I'm by no means a rich person. I'm in the Navy, I deployed, I saved up responsibly and when I returned from deployment I sold my house and can now afford the car easily. I decided I didn't want to buy another gas car and wanted the best electric had to offer... but that's me. What was really interesting was when I told my family I was getting the car everyone was actually super supportive and said I was making the right decision because Tesla in general, IS an investment. The car hardly loses any value (unlike every other car), and it doesn't have any of those pesky fluids that require periodic maintenance/replacement. It's 100k, yeah, but how long is it going to last me? How much MORE will I have to spend? Every source I have says really, not a lot more.

The people that complain, "Oh rich spoiled brats are rich and blah blah blah," don't often take the time to see the whole story...
Beautifully said. You see people all of the time saying that "Rich people don't care how much things cost."
They wouldn't be rich if they didn't care about keeping and spending their money wisely! The saying "money is no object" is actually kinda flawed, as most rich people do see money as something worth worrying about.
Even if they inherited it, they will burn through that money very quickly with that mentality of not caring about how much things cost.

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread! Great to see so many new people joining! 😁

And welcome to the Tesla version of TikTok time suck.
this is me "👍" & "😆" at your respective comments... but I'm still working on earning that privilege...that or I don't know how blogs work (and there's evidence to suggest this could be the case based on my double-reply last night 😜)

Been lurking for past month since ordering my MSLR Red/Cream,Walnut/19" on 7/1 (what luck ordering prior to both 5k increases!!)- original EDD of October. Yesterday my EDD was updated to Nov 22nd to Dec 12th. I have been trying to test drive the MS so I can check out the yoke for myself - I'm currently driving a M3 LR RWD that I picked up in June 2018 and stupid excited to upgrade to the MS LR.

To echo some of the members, I went from an SA who was extremely responsive, typically replying within an hour to my texts and then has gone entirely dark the last 3-4 weeks. I decided to call up Tesla this morning and to my surprise, I was connected with a human in literally minutes, and get this he tells me I deserve better communication given the amount of money I am spending! Color me shocked! Went on to explain there are no current refreshed MS for test drive due to shortage but he would get in contact with my SA and note that in my account. He did confirm that I am soft matched for late Nov early Dec as listed in my account.

I did mention that I would be open to upgrading to plaid if the case came up at EOQ where they'd do it without the 10k increase. He replied that the price uptick is automatic, in which I said I would not pay. We'll see if they have one in the Chicago area for EOQ push. Not sure I really want to pay that much extra for plaid anyway, but I'm in a financial spot in life where it isn't a stretch so I'm considering.
I found that not asking for a specific SA gets me great results. My SA has never been available. After about the third attempt to reach him, I just started calling Tesla and speaking to whoever answered my call. Each of those interactions have been great. Just go through the menu options until you get to "new car purchase" option. All of those calls have been friendly and helpful. They emailed me my Monroney sticker, tracked my vehicle for me, and even corrected my payment method.