Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same thing happened to me. I received the trade in offer when I submitted it back in March, it expired and I didn't bother resubmitting as it became apparent delivery was not happening any time soon. Received some good news this week in regards to the timing of delivery, so I resubmitted the trade in with the updated km. Just went in to check status and there is no reference to the trade in at all, the whole section has just disappeared?
Same here

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mine has been blank since Aug 1st. My friend didnt even know about the plaid till recently, ordered one and got a sept EDD meanwhile my 1/31 order is blank. Are you keeping tabs on the white interior orders? I tried “following” the white interior members so I could see their EDDs. Seems like my account blank is uniquely shitty?
Don't know if it's unique; in fact, I think it's prob the norm. Perhaps mine along with a few other orders w/ white seats/cf trim from early 2021 orders are being "pushed" out for EOQ rush for 3rd QTR since a few of us have been "pushing back at Tesla" ourselves a bit. I was able to get a hold of our Tesla RM as I basically never worked with an SA...had an SA for the first month or so, but b/c he was so unresponsive, I got fed up with his lack of caring, knowledge, or follow-up, so I "fired" him after I was able to reach his SC Mgr and the RM for Tesla. Florida is a BIG market for Tesla...almost as big as CA, so I had to push my situation up the line a bit as well as my concerns for the yoke steering (not concerned too much now after I was just recently able to drive another TMC member's new MS Plaid...highly recommended if you can do this btw...helps tremendously and I appreciated the opportunity...the car is amazing!) and other concerns were quite disappointing to say the least for my first Tesla ordering/buying/delivery experience. Anyhow, my RM was able to get my order on their supposed "priority production" list back in June, so maybe that does actually mean something at the Tesla Fremont factory? 🤔 👍 :cool:

Reactions: Ormond and impastu
I don't understand the methodology, it has to be region specific. I have a few car orders, for a spouse and myself. For kicks I put in an order and in 24 hours, yes 24, I have a VIN and delivery date. While my 2 month ago order still doesn't have a delivery date, but a VIN, and my long range has a VIN with a Feb place holder?
Details please, what configuration for each order?

BTW - guys...after seeing the Signature monoblock forged wheels specifically made for the Tesla MS Plaid, I think I may order a set to replace the oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels (yes, I suppose I should've just ordered the 19" wheels but oh well)...so that means I will probably be selling my brand new 21" Arachnid wheels for the MS. But not looking for the full $4,500.00...I would say I would be willing to let them go just to recoup $3,000.00 + shipping/insurance OR $3,000.00 total for local pickup here in South Florida.

I would take the first $3k and request a $500 immediate Zelle or PayPal non-refundable deposit to hold them for the buyer until I get my MS Plaid & new wheels...which hopefully will both arrive around the same time in 5-6 weeks (current EDD is 9/20/21-9/30/21). $2,500 balance of course would be due either before shipping or on the day of pickup (Zelle transfer, PayPal, or Bank Cashier's Check). I haven't placed the order yet for the new wheels, but if/when I do, I'll put this post up in the Classified/For Sale section here on TMC. PM me if interested (but please no offers below $3k as I'm sure I can sell them easy on eBay...just giving my TMC peeps first grabs). ;) Thank you!

BTW - guys...after seeing the Signature monoblock forged wheels specifically made for the Tesla MS Plaid, I think I may order a set to replace the oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels (yes, I suppose I should've just ordered the 19" wheels but oh well)...so that means I will probably be selling my brand new 21" Arachnid wheels for the MS. But not looking for the full $4,500.00...I would say I would be willing to let them go just to recoup $3,000.00 + shipping/insurance OR $3,000.00 total for local pickup here in South Florida.

I would take the first $3k and request a $500 immediate Zelle or PayPal non-refundable deposit to hold them for the buyer until I get my MS Plaid & new wheels...which hopefully will both arrive around the same time in 5-6 weeks (current EDD is 9/20/21-9/30/21). $2,500 balance of course would be due either before shipping or on the day of pickup (Zelle transfer, PayPal, or Bank Cashier's Check). I haven't placed the order yet for the new wheels, but if/when I do, I'll put this post up in the Classified/For Sale section here on TMC. PM me if interested (but please no offers below $3k as I'm sure I can sell them easy on eBay...just giving my TMC peeps first grabs). ;) Thank you!
Wheels & tires, or just wheels? If both, how many miles do you have on them?

Wheels & tires, or just wheels? If both, how many miles do you have on them?
Just wheels. Keeping the tires and using them on the new 21” wheels. Don’t have my MS Plaid yet…so obviously no usage lol. Any usage on the wheels will be very very minimal since I’ll likely get the wheels delivered just before the car and I’ll have the wheels swapped as quickly as possible after I get the car.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
There is no real limit on how high umbrella coverage can go. You just have to find the right carrier. My carrier offers $30 million of coverage without having to do anything special, but I think they will go up to pretty much whatever you need.
Who do you have your umbrella coverage with?

AFAIK, USAA's limit is a lousy $5m--way too low for some buying TSLA since 2013 . . . .

Tesla noob here picking up black/cream/wood/21 MS Plaid tomorrow morning. Absolutely thrilled, but definitely never experienced a car buying experience like this.

Any tips/tricks/cautions to look out for when accepting delivery? Check can be used on-site to make final payment if I “accept” delivery, correct?
@MarcG posted a helpful inspection checklist...

hi all. new here. just got confirmation. my model s plaid. gray carbon fiber with the 19" is on its way. will land in the lot on the 18. should see it on the 19. lets see if its really happening
Mine is arriving in RI on the 18th so we are probably on the same truck.

For those who are talking about White interior:
Order April 2021- Red/white/Walnut/21. EDD for last 2 days Sept 2-Sept 22.

Talked to SA he says it’s accurate and should have VIN before end of month. Crossing my fingers. Got EDD after being blank for 2 months.
Wait. Seriously? April? White interior? LR?

the morning I got the apology email from Tesla I got a October - Nov date. Since we spend the winters in Southern Utah I emailed the deliver center and asked them to change my delivery location to SLC. An hour later my EDD went blank and remains so. Will be interested to see whether that put me in the back of the line or just waiting for the monkeys to reset my date.

Good morning, all. No change to EDD (see siggy), however, my SA told me last night that my Plaid will arrive at the DC around noon today. This DC doesn't do deliveries on Monday, and they can't get me processed this weekend. So, it looks like my Plaid will just sit on their lot until mid next week. I know, there are worse problems one can have. Like a sick pet in a pet hospital, I plan to visit her at least once or twice before delivery - to see if I can spot anything for them to fix before delivery.

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo.

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5