Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just woke up to a VIN today with an email asking for bank transfer information of money to pay. Shortly after I put in bank information I received an email with pick up date of Friday August 13th. RN #114903### ordered May 5th. VN 5YJSA1E56MF438xxx
Configuration: Long range, White Exterior, Black interior, 21" wheels no autopilot, scottsdale Arizona
I was one of the many with changing dates everyday. Started July 29-August 6th. Day before I got VIN August 12- August 20th
When the up to date did not change for 3 days I got the VIN
In my case it stayed at August 20th for 3 days prior still changing the first date by one day more.
Hope this helps some people as it was frustrating sorting thru some of the posts for a very clear topic.

Side note.....The aftermarket spoilers available are not at all like the new Plaids. RPM bought a Plaid and will be making a copy though. I think deliveries will be quick now so don't waste money on buying someones resell. JMO
Best of luck to alll!
@flyr4u did you take delivery yesterday? Update please! :)

Although this is NOT my new MS Plaid (this is actually someone else's LR), I thought I would post up a rendering pic of what my car will look like with my new forged 21" Signature Monoblock SV104 (Brushed Black Triple Tinted) although my brake calipers will likely remain black for now (although I may change the color at some point). Same 21 x 9.5 & 21 x 10.5 with exact oem offset but approx 10lb lighter than the 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels.

So, again, if anyone is interested in a full set of my brand new upgraded 21" oem Tesla Arachnid wheels, here's the posting in the TMC Marketplace FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms) . If no takers on those, I'll sell them on eBay, guessing someone (not on TMC) will buy them for at least $2,500-$3,000.View attachment 696638
Thanks @sflgator! I've been searching for good pics of this wheel on the refresh S. Is it me, or do they look larger than 21s? Either way, I love the fitment. I wonder how close the black triple tinted are to MSM. My OCD is hoping they are very similar colors.

Thanks @sflgator! I've been searching for good pics of this wheel on the refresh S. Is it me, or do they look larger than 21s? Either way, I love the fitment. I wonder how close the black triple tinted are to MSM. My OCD is hoping they are close enough to not be able to discern a difference.
Remember this is just a photo-shopped "rendering" pic with someone's white LR; I'll post actual posts of my MS Plaid with the new Signature forged wheels after everything arrives (and I of course actually take delivery of my MS Plaid in the middle-end of Sept 🙏 ) and I get the car ceramic coated & windows tinted. Might as well get everything done as quickly as I can after taking delivery and then, I'll be sure to post up pics. No worries. :cool: BTW - I think the Signature triple black tinted wheels are really black, not so much like the MSM or the Arachnid wheels (almost like a gunmetal gray/charcoal color). Here's a M3 with the Signature brushed black triple tinted wheels.
Picture2.png

Last edited:
Remember this is just a photo-shopped "rendering" pic with someone's white LR; I'll post actual posts of my MS Plaid with the new Signature forged wheels after everything arrives (and I of course actually take delivery of my MS Plaid in the middle-end of Sept 🙏 ) and I get the car ceramic coated & windows tinted. Might as well get everything done as quickly as I can after taking delivery and then, I'll be sure to post up pics. No worries. :cool: BTW - I think the Signature triple black tinted wheels are really black, not so much like the MSM or the Arachnid wheels (almost like a gunmetal gray/charcoal color). Here's a M3 with the Signature brushed black triple tinted wheels.View attachment 696651
let's see more pictures of that bad boy, love the rims, look huge for sure though

let's see more pictures of that bad boy, love the rims, look huge for sure though
Of course...after I actually get everything, lol. ;) Current EDD for my MS Plaid is still holding at 9/19/21 - 9/30/21 and the new Signature forged wheels should be delivered by 9/24/21. Signature forged wheels I ordered are same 21" w/ same oem offsets as oem 21" Arachnid wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
Although this is NOT my new MS Plaid (this is actually someone else's LR), I thought I would post up a rendering pic of what my car will look like with my new forged 21" Signature Monoblock SV104 (Brushed Black Triple Tinted) although my brake calipers will likely remain black for now (although I may change the color at some point). Same 21 x 9.5 & 21 x 10.5 with exact oem offset but approx 10lb lighter than the 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels.

So, again, if anyone is interested in a full set of my brand new upgraded 21" oem Tesla Arachnid wheels for $2k, here's the posting in the TMC Marketplace FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms) ...might make a NICE SET OF WINTER WHEELS for someone's MS Plaid/LR. If no takers on those, I'll sell them on eBay in early Oct; guessing someone (not on TMC) will buy them for at least $2,500-$3,000. So, I'll reserve the 21" Arachnids for TMC members until 10/1/21. If not sold by then, they go up on eBay.View attachment 696638

These look ugly.

So, again, if anyone is interested in a full set of my brand new upgraded 21" oem Tesla Arachnid wheels for $2k, here's the posting in the TMC Marketplace FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms) ...might make a NICE SET OF WINTER WHEELS for someone's MS Plaid/LR. If no takers on those, I'll sell them on eBay in early Oct; guessing someone (not on TMC) will buy them for at least $2,500-$3,000. So, I'll reserve the 21" Arachnids for TMC members until 10/1/21. If not sold by then, they go up on eBay.View attachment 696638
Those look amazing i might get them as well. 🙌🙌

You need glasses (or some decent taste)! 😜 Again, the pic I posted of the white MS LR is a photo-shopped rendering pic. Another TMC member has the exact same Signature Monoblock SV104 wheels on his blue MS Plaid (see pic) as does Brooks from DragTimes.com (except Brooks got the brushed titaniam silver for his red MS Plaid). I know you're kidding, but perhaps not a good thing to kid about when I just spent anther $x,xxx on these 21" wheels after spending $4,500 on the Tesla wheels.View attachment 696658
You are doing a great job at advertising and making these popular! Now everyone and their neighbors will have these. Thanks a lot!

You are doing a great job at advertising and making these popular! Now everyone and their neighbors will have these. Thanks a lot!
Not sure about your area, but even here in S. FL, I've yet to actually see a new refresh MS Plaid or LR other than @lolachampcar . Obviously, they're around but still very few and 99% of them will have oem wheels. I could care less what other people have or if they copy me at some point...it's a form of flattery anyway. Glad to see these super lightweight, forged wheels are becoming popular. I had no idea I would even consider aftermarket wheels until I saw one of the other TMC member's posts (this guy with the blue MS Plaid w/ the Signature SV104 wheels & yellow brake calipers). I really thought I would be happy with the upgraded 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels, but then thought a nice forged wheel with some decent weight savings would be a great idea, and if I can afford them (and I'll just sell my oem Arachnid wheels) so why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and Ramphex
Not sure about your area, but even here in S. FL, I've yet to actually see a new refresh MS Plaid or LR other than @lolachampcar . Obviously, they're around but still very few and 99% of them will have oem wheels. I could care less what other people have or if they copy me at some point...it's a form of flattery anyway. Glad to see these super lightweight, forged wheels are becoming popular. I had no idea I would even consider aftermarket wheels until I saw one of the other TMC member's posts (this guy with the blue MS Plaid w/ the Signature SV104 wheels & yellow brake calipers). I really thought I would be happy with the upgraded 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels, but then thought a nice forged wheel with some decent wright savings would be a great idea, and if I can afford them (and I'll just sell my oem Arachnid wheels) so why not?
I hear you. The SV104 are really popular but I have seen only one in real life.
My plan was to ppf and tint and call it a day but it didn’t take long for me to go down the rabbit hole after I stumbled upon the signature thread. I wonder whats next! some vendor selling big brake kits at a “discount”?

Careful, I got curious and checked out those mud flaps on Amazon, and in the comments section someone says they come with non-stainless fasteners that rust all over the flaps...
They come with black dipped screws, which I plan to replace as soon as I can pick up some stainless. Didn’t use many of the provided screws as I used push pins from my kit of push pins!

4567428B-3572-4B7B-BC3A-49126FC61299.jpeg

I hear you. The SV104 are really popular but I have seen only one in real life.
My plan was to ppf and tint and call it a day but it didn’t take long for me to go down the rabbit hole after I stumbled upon the signature thread. I wonder whats next! some vendor selling big brake kits at a “discount”?
No other way to "mod" your Tesla MS Plaid/LR; it's not like you can do "performance" mods, lol. So, any mods kind have to be more cosmetic to differentiate your car with others. However, going from heavy, cast oem wheels to lightweight, forged racing wheels with a better, more "open" design seems like the natural thing to do with this EV. 👍 🔥 :cool: