Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jebinc, I'm so happy you were the first 19" delivery on TMC. You are representing better than I ever could have. I love what you're doing and sharing!
@afarkas2222 Thank you! ☺️ I’m hopeful some forum members find the information helpful/useful! I love my 19s!

Attachments

• 3C159C63-B761-47B0-801B-5F4A047BB312.jpeg
    3C159C63-B761-47B0-801B-5F4A047BB312.jpeg
    897.1 KB · Views: 51
  • A629E45D-B500-43F7-8930-E5F1F82E1D64.jpeg
    A629E45D-B500-43F7-8930-E5F1F82E1D64.jpeg
    994.2 KB · Views: 33
@sflgator You don't have to explain yourself, my friend. Not everyone is going to have the same taste. Hell, it would be boring if we did! I happen to like the SV104s, but I wouldn't take it personally if others don't. You bought your car and I'm sure you'll be elated with the new wheels. That's really the only important thing.
I’ve ordered some retro wire wheel caps for my MS, but I’m sure as hell not going to post a photo on here!

I had to wait six months for a new electric range. Along the way there were many delays and changes to estimated delivery dates. Finally came.
That's just the way things are these days. Supply chains are FUBAR
(Not nearly as great as a new Tesla.)
Waited almost 6 months for a digital putter bending gauge. $2k. 4 months for new pavers for the driveway. Couple of my customers are into a 6 month wait for their custom clubs I’m building, no components. Solar panels are another 5 month wait.

The only difference between all these thing and the LR are delivery estimates. Tesla is the only company I’m deaing with that actually gives them. All the others say nothing or they’ll get there when they get them.

It’s a new world.

Had a feeling based on your order timeline that was the case, now I'm just confused as to why I have no EDD at all lol. I'm awaiting my trade-in offer to be updated so my profile isn't technically "fully completed" but it's just a matter of waiting on that. Hopefully we both get our cars soon
At this point, I would rather have a 2022 model. I believe an Oct manufacture date is when the year changeover is now.

Touchless Delivery! And I am away until Monday. Sure is beautiful though!

View attachment 696700View attachment 696703
I know I'll get my answer as soon as I see my car (Real Soon Now), but I'm really curious: is the refresh blue any different from the blue of all other Teslas from the past few years? Whenever I see a blue Tesla on the street it's a dark, somewhat boring (to me) shade. But some of these photos make it look a lot lighter than that; this one, for example, makes it look a lot closer to the World Rally Blue of my WRX that went off-lease in January. But is that just an artifact of the photos?

Just got an email from Tesla, have other people been getting this as well?

You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your new Tesla. As exciting as delivery day is, we understand that you may have some questions, and since we are conducting contactless deliveries at our delivery centers, we are not able to provide an orientation on delivery day.

In lieu of this, we invite you to attend our virtual orientation, 8/16/21 @ 12:30PM or 5:30PM. If you are unable to attend these virtual orientations, please let us know to send you future times/dates.

The Virtual Orientations will consist of a 20-minute presentation to cover everything you need to know about your new Tesla delivery, followed by a brief FAQ, and a Q & A. During the Q & A, you can use the chat feature to ask any questions that you have about your new car delivery. Orientations are held in an online group setting. You can enter the meeting by clicking on the Microsoft Teams link below. This orientation is optional, so you are not required to join to pick up your car.

Please see below:

Monday August 16, 2021; 12:30 PM US Central
Microsoft Teams meeting

Just got an email from Tesla, have other people been getting this as well?

You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your new Tesla. As exciting as delivery day is, we understand that you may have some questions, and since we are conducting contactless deliveries at our delivery centers, we are not able to provide an orientation on delivery day.

In lieu of this, we invite you to attend our virtual orientation, 8/16/21 @ 12:30PM or 5:30PM. If you are unable to attend these virtual orientations, please let us know to send you future times/dates.

The Virtual Orientations will consist of a 20-minute presentation to cover everything you need to know about your new Tesla delivery, followed by a brief FAQ, and a Q & A. During the Q & A, you can use the chat feature to ask any questions that you have about your new car delivery. Orientations are held in an online group setting. You can enter the meeting by clicking on the Microsoft Teams link below. This orientation is optional, so you are not required to join to pick up your car.

Please see below:

Monday August 16, 2021; 12:30 PM US Central
Microsoft Teams meeting
Yeah I got one. You need to use Microsoft teams. I didn't want to use my work account, and when I tried to make a personal one, Microsoft demanded a verifiable cell number, and confirmation that they are allowed to push advertising to that number. I passed.

I know I'll get my answer as soon as I see my car (Real Soon Now), but I'm really curious: is the refresh blue any different from the blue of all other Teslas from the past few years? Whenever I see a blue Tesla on the street it's a dark, somewhat boring (to me) shade. But some of these photos make it look a lot lighter than that; this one, for example, makes it look a lot closer to the World Rally Blue of my WRX that went off-lease in January. But is that just an artifact of the photos?
Nope. No email, no orientation. Full contact delivery here - like there wasn’t a pandemic going on…