Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was still Jan...
I thought so, too, until last year. I know a couple that got a 3 and a Y late last year, and they were both 2021 models. The 3 was made in Dec, and the Y in Oct. After much searching, I found in a different thread someone else said the same thing.

Doesn't mean that will happen this year or with the S. Tesla would never change something like that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here: What You Need to Go 200 MPH in a Model S Plaid
The ZeroGs and the Arachnids both should be capable of 200 according to this.
Hmm interesting. I don't see a source for their claim but the (Y) rating of the tires would support the claim. This would further suck for those that opted for the 19" rims with the plan to upgrade to the asterisked 200mph fall release rims only to get delayed for choosing 19" rims.

For example, how is it overtaking someone driving 45mph in a 55mph, 2 lane road with a couple hundred feet of visibility?
I know you were asking about the difference between the 3 and the S, but I've found the hardest thing about passing someone doing 45 MPH in a 55 MPH zone is not hitting 95 MPH while doing it. The acceleration at every single level is unreal (and a lot of fun).

Last edited:
Update on my third Model S Plaid order, date is continuing to update and move lower. Latest update is Aug 19 to 25th. This order I placed only on July 31st. On my first order, I placed it back in January. I was going to trade in my 2020 Model X P100D, they had gave me a $90K trade in…. Then as things got delayed, the trade in went from $90 to $84, then I rejected the offer. More delays and a few months later, they solicited me with a $94k offer which I accepted. Last week I moved the trade in to my third order. They came back with an updated offer of over $100k! Crazy. If the delivery date trend continues, I might get it on Wednesday! Can’t wait! Followed by my second order a day later! LOL

I know you were asking about the difference between the 3 and the S, but I've found the hardest thing about passing someone doing 45 MPH in a 55 MPH zone is not hitting 95 MPH while doing it. The acceleration at every single level is unreal (and a lot of fun).
That makes sense, even in my MYP I find it difficult to not hit 75 when in that scenario so can’t even imagine how the Plaid is lol. How does it feel to drive? Does it feel like a boat when overtaking someone?

That makes sense, even in my MYP I find it difficult to not hit 75 when in that scenario so can’t even imagine how the Plaid is lol. How does it feel to drive? Does it feel like a boat when overtaking someone?
Not at all. Doesn't feel like a boat for any driving mechanics except maybe U or tight turns (the turning radius is a bit wider than I was expecting).

But you won't even notice the weight when the person you're passing has their jaw dropped.

Hmm interesting. I don't see a source for their claim but the (Y) rating of the tires would support the claim. This would further suck for those that opted for the 19" rims with the plan to upgrade to the asterisked 200mph fall release rims only to get delayed for choosing 19" rims.
The only source or credibility for that claim is that they spent a day testing the Plaid with Tesla’s support. Can only assume they understood that arachnids would be 200mph capable directly from Tesla. However, I think it still needs confirmation and verification from Tesla before I’m convinced

The only source or credibility for that claim is that they spent a day testing the Plaid with Tesla’s support. Can only assume they understood that arachnids would be 200mph capable directly from Tesla. However, I think it still needs confirmation and verification from Tesla before I’m convinced
We will know for sure in the hopefully not too distant future.🙂

I wonder when it’ll be possible to buy the 21s on Teslas website. I’d like to get a set for when they release the 200mph update
The hope is, that they will offer the Track Pack as a configurable option, and as retrofits to existing cars. I'm also hoping that the certain items like the wheels from the package will be available separately, so you don't have to spend 10 to 20k to get them.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Venom
This is EXACTLY what I'm wondering too. Here's my synopsis: you as the customer will not be able to go 200 if you bought the 19" wheels. For the foreseeable future.. The original wheels are likely embedded in the VIN. Think about it this way: A customer could totally lie and say that that they have the proper tires, when they haven't. WAYYYY to much liability. So the 19" cars are likely hard limited to their 163 mph. Tesla will possibly allow people to call in or send proof or something that way it can be unlocked. I mean, this could be serious. If a tire blows up at 180+ mph, or even 163 mph, you are pretty much dead.
I would guess the liability hedge is the "†when equipped with the proper wheels and tires" on the website. I don't think locking cars with 19s accomplishes anything. There are plenty on non Tesla rims that are capable of supporting 200 mph. Conversely, 21s with V rated tires or bald (Y) tires would be equally dangerous.

I would guess the liability hedge is the "†when equipped with the proper wheels and tires" on the website. I don't think locking cars with 19s accomplishes anything. There are plenty on non Tesla rims that are capable of supporting 200 mph. Conversely, 21s with V rated tires or bald (Y) tires would be equally dangerous.
Absolutely. The difference, and key factor here though is validation. If the 19s aren't validated for 200 mph, then they won't do it. "The proper wheels and tires" also means that Tesla won't be unlocking the car until they feel that point has been reached. And for aftermarket wheels and tires, it won't be something you can simply change on screen. They will likely have an 'aftermarket' wheel option, where you have to sign a disclaimer. Additionally, a bald 21" wheel would be operating outside of what Tesla recommends, so they would be off the hook.🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Venom