Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in production too with a confirmed delivery of 12/14. Not sure I'll make it. Happened to be in DC today and really shouldn't have gone to the Tesla store but couldn't resist. Not a recommended strategy for dealing with the wait.

Mine flipped to production today as well. This seems about 17 days sooner than they projected but my delivery date currently is one week later.

Is anyone else as confused as I am?

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package

Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production 11/01 | Projected Delivery 12/04

We are in production as of today too. DS told us end of line on 11/8, east coast delivery 11/18-11/25 is what we were told last.

Just noticed our S85 moved to production today as well. We were originally told to expect delivery the second week of Dec so I'm encouraged by your timeline since we're in VA. My brother is visiting for Thanksgiving so maybe I'll make him drive us to the service center for pick-up :)

It seems unlikely that everyone got bumped up so far all at once.

Maybe cars slatted for Norway were not going to make it in time before the tax benefit expires, so resources got shifted back to the US deliveries?

Or maybe they bumped all TMC members up a few weeks. :)

Mine dashboard is all over the place:
Up till Monday was Sourcing Parts
Tuesday was In Production
Wednesday went back to Sourcing Parts
Earlier today was Completed and Ready for Delivery
Now is back to In Production????
DS has told me car is done and ready to pick up in 18 hours!

I confirmed P85 on 9/12 vin < 23000 and finally saw in production a couple of days ago

original delivery date was today 11/1 and was pushed back due to "parts shortages" which were specifically he black leather seats according to the DS. I added the power side mirrors as it was already delayed. Revised date 11/12

This is evening I see production complete and being prepared for pickup and delivery. So the car was only in production for a couple of days. How long is the wait now it's complete?

My delivery date is 11/12 or 11 days from time of writing at the Palo Alto Showroom. Can't imagine it takes 11 days to get prepared and delivered across the bay. Any ideas?