Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think skydiving is safer than Florida these days. Last I checked the hospitals around the Miami area were completely full - like beds in the hallways full.
Sad we have so many f'ing MORONS in Florida (and elsewhere in the USA). Here's a super funny (but actually sad & pathetic) video although not in FL (in NYC)...so many STUPID ppl here in the USA (especially here in FL)...it's embarrassing! :rolleyes:o_O:eek:

Just my honest opinion, but I've seen plenty of other young people that are just a little calmer when they talk. His commentary is good, it's just that I've seen equal commentary from calmer people. Didn't mean to offend anyone if that's what I did.🙂
Couldn’t care less. I never saw him before, but enjoyed his talk, and yes, he speaks super fast. But it was no-nonsense talk so it was palatable.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I agree with this. However, the risk is higher..

Can flying on an airplane increase my risk of getting COVID-19?

Yes. Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and you may have to sit near others (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours. This may increase your risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.
I have flown 190,372 miles so far this year, according to my annual flight tracker. I do go to serious effort to avoid close contact, and that means flying First or business depending on the case. I try hard to be first off, and use only N95 masks. I neither eat nor drink on board unless on planes that have serious orations between passengers, basically international long haul flights.

On short flights such as MIA-CLT I avoid ANY food and beverage and take only aisle seats.

I have never had COVID-19, despite constant travel. of course I have PCR tests prior to every flight. That is lots of tests, my nasal passages are quite broadened by all that prodding. Of course I have also had three doses of Pfizer BioNTech.

i don’t suggest anybody go to such lengths. I’d fly to CLT and Uber to Matthews to get the Plaid I wanted. The Matthews store is about 20 minutes from CLT unless during rush hour, then who knows?

FWIW, I spent several years commuting from MIA and GIG to CLT.
During several of those years I drove my Tesla instead of flying.

Sad we have so many f'ing MORONS in Florida (and elsewhere in the USA). Here's a super funny (but actually sad & pathetic) video although not in FL (in NYC)...so many STUPID ppl here in the USA (especially here in FL)...it's embarrassing! :rolleyes:o_O:eek:
Call me crazy, but did i see a Palm Tree in the background in one of those scenes? 🤨

I’d like to Bump this question. I just got the same email a couple hours ago.
It does not. In order to do the meeting, you have to sign up for Microsoft teams. Microsoft requires a verifiable cell phone #, and acknowledgement that they can work with third parties with said phone #. I skipped the orientation and it did not affect my delivery timing.

Nice article. IMO, the Lucid is likely to be the best engineered EV on the road when or if it ever comes out. They focused on the things people care about, versus slap *sugar* together with iffy QC so people on YouTube can talk about how fast it is.

However, I hate the look of the interior and exterior rear. Screams old rich man. No sex appeal at all.

Also, I applaud rivian for allowing paying customers to be the first to drive the car, like Tesla, versus journalists for marketing.

I still hold this thought: lucid is a better product than the model s engineering wise but will fail because of the Tesla cult. Rivian offers a new path to EVs, with tons of money from people who also know what they are doing. They will be around a while (but will be bought).
Lucid looks like the old 1990's Toyota Celica. Their tech is good, but it isn't as good as Tesla. They have 1111 HP, but perform subpar to the Plaid which has much less. On the range, I think they are getting the range due to range designed tires. They suck for performance. Think BMW i3. Not to that extreme, but that is what they did in MT article. Swapped it tires and wheels for efficiency conveniently right before the long road trip. They should have had at least one of the cars on the standard tires to see what kind of range they actually get. Even their most aggressive tire package is the old 2013 Model S width. Not at all aggressive compared to plaid or MSLR.

They will probably fail before going mass production of their lower cost car. The market for what they are selling in isn't that big.

Attachments

• 1629918584588.png
    1629918584588.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
It does not. In order to do the meeting, you have to sign up for Microsoft teams. Microsoft requires a verifiable cell phone #, and acknowledgement that they can work with third parties with said phone #. I skipped the orientation and it did not affect my delivery timing.
I think we were talking about, “is it a sign of getting your VIN soon?”, if you at least just got the email.

Think they were more curious about if the orientation email is precursor to a VIN in the coming days. Not if you are "required" to attend to take delivery.

Do not care for the car but absolutely love the range push this will give Tesla to deliver on that 520 mile plus Plaid+ order I originally had.
I'm sure MSLR could get much better range than the 405miles if Tesla also went with the thinner profile and less roll resistant tires that Lucid decided to put on their road trip. But performance would suffer if you did. Lucid isn't much more efficient. they just know how to look like they are. The battery pack accounts for 13% increase in range and I'm sure the wheels and tires would account for another 13%.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have flown 190,372 miles so far this year, according to my annual flight tracker. I do go to serious effort to avoid close contact, and that means flying First or business depending on the case. I try hard to be first off, and use only N95 masks. I neither eat nor drink on board unless on planes that have serious orations between passengers, basically international long haul flights.

On short flights such as MIA-CLT I avoid ANY food and beverage and take only aisle seats.

I have never had COVID-19, despite constant travel. of course I have PCR tests prior to every flight. That is lots of tests, my nasal passages are quite broadened by all that prodding. Of course I have also had three doses of Pfizer BioNTech.

i don’t suggest anybody go to such lengths. I’d fly to CLT and Uber to Matthews to get the Plaid I wanted. The Matthews store is about 20 minutes from CLT unless during rush hour, then who knows?

FWIW, I spent several years commuting from MIA and GIG to CLT.
During several of those years I drove my Tesla instead of flying.
I’m not sure how I choose the “pick up” option. I think I have to call someone. If I complete my address, I’m forced to choose one of two local stores for delivery. I don’t even know for sure that the vehicle has arrived in Charlotte. I’ll try to call Charlotte again.

Call me crazy, but did i see a Palm Tree in the background in one of those scenes? 🤨
The lady from PA was hysterical...haha...wait, what are you talking about...oh, "the mandates are spreading" and they don't want that so they need "to get ahead of that" (not the actual virus that kills people -- and get ahead of that with an FDA-approved vaccine!)...MORONS! Yeah, these are also the types of people we have in FL and our Governor is the one leading the charge to KILL Floridians! 🤬

"The Reckoning" is here, but it's not coming for the intelligent people; it's coming for the IDIOTS! o_O🤪