Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually have around 10 people already wanting test rides.

On another unfortunate topic, I dropped my LR off Tuesday morning for tint, ceramic and front PPF. I asked if it could be done by Friday night, because I have a trip planned Saturday. I noticed the car has not moved yet, so I called. The owner said he was short handed and probably won't get to it till Saturday. This information would have been useful Tuesday. I could have been driving my car all week. I'm a little angry right now.
I’m hearing the same due to COVID. I’m trying to keep things in perspective, as I think many small business owners are struggling due to the pandemic.

Not as bad as you think...

Show me the formulas​

For AFVs registered prior to Jan. 1, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 1% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV has a rate of $4 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following: For the first year, the assessed value is 20% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV. For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 15% each year. The minimum VLT for an AFV registration is $5.

For AFVs registered after Dec. 31, 2022:​

The vehicle license tax (VLT) for an AFV will be calculated using the same formula used for traditional cars and trucks. The VLT has a rate of $2.80 per $100 of assessed valuation, which is determined by the following:
  • For the first year, the assessed value is 60% of the factory list price (MSRP) of the AFV.Calculating Vehicle License Tax for Alternative Fuel Vehicles
  • For subsequent years, the assessed value depreciates 16.25% each year and the VLT has a rate of $2.89 per $100.
BOHICA with 'da BIG BOZACK!!!! 😵😬🤬

I wonder if the heavier wheels / tires give it more traction? It seems likely it isn't weight limited but rather traction limited. Someone should try putting an extra 200lbs of weight in the trunk and see if it runs faster or slower. Could be an interesting result.
Folks in Texas already tested something like this by putting a 100 lb pilot in a car with the interior removed. I believe they went 9.08.

Does this mean I shouldn’t get the 19 inch wheels? I don’t want noisy tires. :)
Mmmm not sure. I would probably wait and see.... However, @eddiemoy is in a rather unique position, as he has both cars, and can so can listen without bias or fear that the wheels he bought are a mistake or something. It is rare to get this kind of situation. :)

Mmmm not sure. I would probably wait and see.... However, @eddiemoy is in a rather unique position, as he has both cars, and can so can listen without bias or fear that the wheels he bought are a mistake or something. It is rare to get this kind of situation. :)
Unless his car with 19s has a bum tire or two (belt separation, etc.). It happens. After all, these are brand new tires for Tesla and they are pumping them out as fast as possible. Ramp up quality issues.... sound familiar, folks?

Hi All,
My buddy was getting the mustang mach e and got p'd off at Ford's nonsense - now he's pretty serious about a Polestar 2.
I'm starting to look at it - I think it's ugly, both outside and in.
I don't want to compare directly to the S - I think it gives more than 2/3 of the S, at a little over 1/2 the S price (about $60k all in, no FSD but does have parking, etc.).
0-60 is 4.2 I think - and I saw posted earlier the LR sport mode is about that - so i think i wouldn't feel a difference.
i like the tesla better in many ways, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these things? Polestar is Volvo, there's SOME history but not as evolved as Tesla, and i MIGHT have range anxiety (about 266 max miles) however, my daily drive is like 12 round trip so that may not be a major factor.
It has the bonus of the $7,500 credit.
I think the S is in a whole other category - but I'm also wondering will prices actually DROP in a few years (better battery tech, no more chip shortages, etc.)? yesterday i read the theory that prices will go up, so getting the S before the $10k increase (I'm in for that) is a "bargain" - though for now I have FSD which even Elon says "isn't great"
I think the Polestar 2 is supposed to go more against the 3, which I think is actually slightly cheaper than the Polestar 2.
anyone have any experience or thoughts about the polestar 2? they can purportedly deliver 3 weeks after ordering. I'm not sure if they have a polestar monkey or if that is a Tesla exclusive.
Thanks! :)
I think you would be MUCH HAPPIER with the Jaguar I-Pace EV instead of the Volvo/Polestar. Your really should go test drive them both if you're thinking about another EV. I had one of the first-year 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE's for just > 2 years and put 36k miles on it. I really liked it very much...the inside was almost identical to my Porsche Macan Turbo...super high quality materials, carbon fiber trim, the best oem sound system I've ever had in a car -- JLR Meridian system is amazing, phenomenal seats (I got the performance seats although the regular seats are very plush), decent electronics (although the UI was quite slow and buggy but I'm sure it's much improved for 2021 or 2022), good brake regen for 1-pedal driving, fairly quick with 400HP/512 ft-lb TQ (0-60mph in 4.5 sec), and a decent 250 max battery range. Check it out! :cool:

Well today is supposedly the day 12.30 at tyson va... Since i never was able to talk to sa regarding specific of delivery i reached out to the tesla hq customer service and they got me scheduled for today..it was delivered to SC yesterday. Only that has me nervous is the car not in fact being ready for pick up 😬 and having to delay pick up

Ive locked in 1.24 rate and confirmed 600 premium for 6 months for 500 deductible
Sooo...delivery got pushed to saturday do to a scratch to trim that required it to stay over night 😞😞😞

They literally called me to tell me this as i was parking at the SC, so i never got to see my car 😠😠

Not necessarily. NVH has a lot to do with tire compound also, and those Michelin PS4S tires are amazing. I was personally surprised by this as well, but it is possible that the 21s are quieter.🙂
I went from OEM 21s to PS4S on 20” rims and tire noise went UP. Something is different about Tesla’s setup.

both 40 psi cold.

I went from OEM 21s to PS4S on 20” rims and tire noise went UP. Something is different about Tesla’s setup.
I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels are playing a part in canceling the road noise. Lexus does this too, where the bigger 21" or 22" wheels and tires are balanced harmonically to cancel out road noise. Combined with a good tire like the PS4S, this could be what's happening.

Reactions: impastu