Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we bought a car with Active Noise Cancellation. It was a feature they sold the car on, so it is part of the price I paid. Now they are offering Road Noise REDUCTION. Can't help but to feel cheated here.

Its still labeled as Active Road Noise Reduction. From a marketing POV, this is a more exact description of what I would have expected the system to do in the first place.

So we bought a car with Active Noise Cancellation. It was a feature they sold the car on, so it is part of the price I paid. Now they are offering Road Noise REDUCTION. Can't help but to feel cheated here.
I was initially feeling the same, but after thinking about it road noise reduction is all I really wanted. They cant really cancel all noise from the outside or it would be unsafe to drive. I just want the car to be quiet while driving which is something no prior Tesla ive been in has been able to accomplish. I guess ill see when I get my car (if that feature is even enabled by then!).

My LR White/Black with 19’s is supposed to be delivered between Aug 29 - Sept 4. Are the 19’s Summer tires and not All Seasons? Really prefer to have All Seasons in the NE Ohio area. I usually get winter tires too, but still like having All Seasons.

I always lease and this will be my car (my wife always pays cash). If I did buy this time and treated it like a lease and traded it in three years with around 55,000 miles, what would estimated worth be? When I look at Tesla website on used Model S, the used car values seem overinflated. I really prefer to lease, but not sure if it makes sense with Tesla. I know I won’t keep the car past three years, which is why I always lease and almost always BMW’s.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My LR White/Black with 19’s is supposed to be delivered between Aug 29 - Sept 4. Are the 19’s Summer tires and not All Seasons? Really prefer to have All Seasons in the NE Ohio area. I usually get winter tires too, but still like having All Seasons.

I always lease and this will be my car (my wife always pays cash). If I did buy this time and treated it like a lease and traded it in three years with around 55,000 miles, what would estimated worth be? When I look at Tesla website on used Model S, the used car values seem overinflated. I really prefer to lease, but not sure if it makes sense with Tesla. I know I won’t keep the car past three years, which is why I always lease and almost always BMW’s.
Yes the 19" wheels are, sadly, summer tires. Really great for my Chicago area late-Nov delivery. :mad:

As for the lease, if I plug in a 3 year lease with zero down into Teslas website @15k miles (the max on the online tool) it comes out to $51,444 in lease payments. Some of that is interest, lets say 6k. So residual probably around 45k. I think the odds of your car being worth more than $45k at the end of 3 years are extremely high.

I don't really give a s*** what they call it, as long as it can reduce the road / tire noise inside the cabin by say 20 to 30% that's what I'm looking for. Now if it turns out that it barely does anything then probably strike three for me honestly. But that's why you never buy a product based upon future promises of features, especially from a company like Tesla that's notorious for way over promising and way under delivering for things like this.

Regardless of the name change, I'm excited to see they updated the manual and the app to reflect the assets for this, hopefully that means we are very close to launch.

Don't worry... I'm sure the active road reduction will be labeled " beta " so that way if it's a piece of s*** they'll have an excuse like with everything else in the software lol

Just picked up my second Plaid. Same car except different wheels, 19" instead of the 21" wheels. I think it is correct, the tires are probably all season because they make more road noise. Noticeable. There are zero issues except they are now being delivered without any of the items in the trunk, the shelf and the two covers.

There is also more tire residue on the rear bumper. I didn't drive it as hard and it has more residue. 🤣 It does come with 255/45 (104Y ) in the front and 285/40 (107Y) in the rear. R19 Pirelli PZERO Elect. Wasn't laughing the whole way home this time. Maybe I'm already used to it. :rolleyes:

Here are my twins...
View attachment 701691View attachment 701688

This is the first white I have seen with 19's. I would love to see some good photos of your car from the side showing those wheels. I would also love to see some photos without the wheel covers. Please??

Really like these 20" wheels. This is Dragtimes car and he just put on these 20s. In total, about 40lbs lighter than the 21s.

Attachments

• Wheel-sig2 (1).PNG
    Wheel-sig2 (1).PNG
    926.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Wheel-sig2 (2).PNG
    Wheel-sig2 (2).PNG
    935.3 KB · Views: 48
I had an aggressive Eurocharged tune on my original motor with separate EMS that MAY or MAY NOT have played a role in the 6 piston turning sideways. 🤔
MB didn't ask and I didn't tell.

The LR will indeed be my first EV.
I have a Eurocharged tune as well. Have had couple of warranty issues sorted out and the dealership never asked me about the tune.
MB is one of the most tune friendly car makers out there. In most cases, they are willing to look the other way.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a Eurocharged tune as well. Have had couple of warranty issues sorted out and the dealership never asked me about the tune.
MB is one of the most tune friendly car makers out there. In most cases, they are willing to look the other way.
Yup, I agree. A Mercedes dealer actually installed Renntech ECU tunes on 2 of my prior cars.
Some dealers are very mod friendly. Jack Daniels Audi in New Jersey installed downpipes and an ECU tune on my S8 back in 2015. Prior to P100Ds etc, I thought the S8 with a 3.2 0-60 was unbelievable :)