Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mmmm not sure. I would probably wait and see.... However, @eddiemoy is in a rather unique position, as he has both cars, and can so can listen without bias or fear that the wheels he bought are a mistake or something. It is rare to get this kind of situation. :)
A good friend of mine took delivery of his LR with 19’s and i was lucky enough to go for a ride this morning. I found the noise to be slightly higher too although not significantly but enough to notice.
He also felt that my cabin is quieter.

Finally got a call back today from Tesla with apologies for all the miscommunication and delays. Today's update was that they are now waiting on some heating element part for the radar that attaches to the bumper because apparently it has to be replaced when bumper is removed. Something about industrial glue lol. New delivery appt scheduled for this Friday. I have doubts...
2+ weeks of delivery failures, disappointment and miscommunication continues today. Yesterday I was told the part would be in by 4pm today and I could take delivery at 11am on Friday. Just now I get a call saying they don't know if the part came in today because their parts dept folks already went home. LOL. Now it doesn't sound good for delivery tomorrow but I'm promised yet again I'll get a call first thing in the morning. To date, every single time they have promised this they have let me down. It's clown world at this point and has been the worst car buying experience of my life, by far. I've talked to 4 different people at this dealership the last few weeks and every one of them has broken callback promises, delivery dates and none of them know what the others have said or promised. It's like they don't even communicate as a team there. Unreal....

A good friend of mine took delivery of his LR with 19’s and i was lucky enough to go for a ride this morning. I found the noise to be slightly higher too although not significantly but enough to notice.
He also felt that my cabin is quieter.
Yup. So it seems as though the 21s are optimized for maximum quietness. So if this is the case, it's not just "looks" that would be a reason to get the 21s, eh lol?🙂😉

Last edited:
I decided to cancel my order after having looked at the car. The front hood on mine along with all the others newly arrived, on the passenger side had a huge gap and almost appeared as if the hood was bent. Looked inside, the the airbag cover on the yoke steering wheel had a very visible seam that others have remarked about already. If the QC is this bad on obvious things what else will go wrong in the future? I have decided to wait until my February order for the white/black-white plaid which is also 10k less plus it will be a 2022 model. Hopefully by then all of the manufacturing QC issues will have improved. In the mean time I will continue to enjoy my excellent p100D with sunroof. I wish you early adopters all the best.

Here we GO! Palm Beach Dyno GT500 vs. Brooks' Plaid!

The GT500 w/ 760 HP seems a bit slow to me. I had 700 HP/TQ in my modded GT-R and ran 10.2 sec @ 136mph...but that's AWD and launches great...60ft of 1.5-1.6 sec all day long. 😜 The supercharged GT500 sounds great though! :cool: And that > 1,000HP GT500...nice but just can't launch like the MS Plaid. Guessing that guy has ~ $40k+ in mods for that GT500...sounds awesome though.

Last edited:
OT: There are a bunch of SR+ M3 inventory cars.

I heard from a SA in Las Vegas today about my impulsive inventory buy in Charlotte. He’s supposed to get me the info regarding sales tax issues if I fly and drive. We shall see if I get a response.

I feel guilty about ordering the Plaid. It’s expensive compared with the MSLR. My house could use $40,000 in improvements, but that’s a PITA. :eek: It’s all about one’s priorities. My sensible side says to stick with the car I ordered. Suze Orman (No relationship) told me that I don’t need a darn new car!

I like the blue/cream 21” combination I ordered. It will look like a peacock 🦚, even if it’s more of a house wren. Maybe the LR would be a 2022 …

I’m going to try to get more information on the Plaid tomorrow.

Whoa, two plaids in inventory in the Bay Area.

1630015120699.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is where I end up. The M3P doesn't excite me nearly as much. I currently drive a C63. Fun and fast...for ICE. Ready to try EV. I'll start with the LR and may find myself moving up to a Plaid. Who knows? All I know is I plan to enjoy the journey.
My modded C63 (older one though...it was a 2009) was one of my fav cars I've owned. It was a beast...best sounding car I had but in fairness, I did have a custom tune, long-tube headers (no cats) with the oem catback AMG exhaust. Sounded amazing...scared a lot of people when driving by and down-shifted with the paddles...lots of burples and crackles...super loud, haha!! 😜 🤣 Had about 575 HP...ran 1/4 mi. in 12.0 @ 119mph.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
I decided to cancel my order after having looked at the car. The front hood on mine along with all the others newly arrived, on the passenger side had a huge gap and almost appeared as if the hood was bent. Looked inside, the the airbag cover on the yoke steering wheel had a very visible seam that others have remarked about already. If the QC is this bad on obvious things what else will go wrong in the future? I have decided to wait until my February order for the white/black-white plaid which is also 10k less plus it will be a 2022 model. Hopefully by then all of the manufacturing QC issues will have improved. In the mean time I will continue to enjoy my excellent p100D with sunroof. I wish you early adopters all the best.

Did this happen just today? Please let me know if it did and which location it was. I’d love to step in a take the car if you do not want it. I’m waiting for one to come to Houston, I’m all paid up, and paying for insurance, but I found out today, and the car never shipped from California and will not be here for weeks.

2009...love the old NA M156. MB put a new motor in it 6 years ago under the extended warranty (head bolts). I haven't been able to let it go, it's just a fun car. But I completely understand how you feel about your MS and how dated the C63 is in comparison (especially my car). The LR is a second or so faster 0-60. Plus the idea of traction will be a new concept for me. :)
My 2009 C63 AMG -- modded with custom ecu tune, long-tube headers (no cats), high-flow air filters, etc.
sflgator C63 AMG.JPG
C63 AMG Speedometer.JPG