Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get this data easily? The filter on the Tesla site does not seem friendly for a nationwide look.
this one

Ive typically charged to 75 or 80% daily(and thats probably excessive for my needs). Plug in each night. Rarely ever do more than 50 miles a day (if that) of normal driving. For trips, I rarely charge to 100% as it ends up being less efficient than 90%. If I go to 100% I end up having to spend more time at the supercharger on the route I take for a highway trip vs leaving the house with 90%.

Last edited:
Is there some way to track the delivery process once a vin is assigned or is it just calling your SA to find out
SA can ping the vehicle as it moves. You would think they could show some GPS in the reservation page. But I guess they do not want you tailing a trailer across the country, asking the driver why the hell he needs to sleep.

How does everyone feel about charging to 90%? This is my first EV. I here a lot of people recommending 80%, but the Tesla app defaults to 90% for daily driving.
I believe that the default trip/daily use recommended limit changes with the seasons / daily low temp. Our X has a higher limit over the summer than we did over winter.

Do any Canadian customers have a VIN or date range that is narrowing and threatening a VIN ? My RN is 11456xx MSM/LR/19 placed in February and was holding a 9/2-9/19 date for a week and today pushed more than a month to 10/5-10/25 as well as a few other folks in a WhatsApp group who experienced the same push today. There are some theories around yoke approval for Canada etc etc and just wondering if anyone up north here is close ?

Last edited:
View attachment 703164
ever since this showed up

View attachment 703165
This has not seen the love.
it’s like when the Zero finally got good enough that the S1000RR got abandoned in the back of the hangar :(
I’m not nearly as interested in your Mclaren or you BMW sitting in the back of the hangar. Ground speed is cool and all, but it’s just ground speed. Usually when I want a really fast ground speed, I’ll come down in ground effect at VNE and at the end of the line, crank it vertical.

What I REALLY would like to see, is the rest of your hanger.
1630340034859.png

Which service center?

I'm still getting over the idea that my car has left Birmingham but won't show up until 9/6.
So in an earlier vein, I noticed @2021plaid liked this post. I wanted to dislike it due to the idea it is taking >week to make that trip, but didn’t want you to think I disliked you. So I’m making my own post specific button.

1630340385291.png

this one

WOW! There are some batty, bizarre, deranged, irrational, preposterous, psychotic and unhinged prices on that link!!