Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by the local containment lot and my car is there. (Just texted / emailed to see if I could get my delivery back to tomorrow)

Question for any one that has a clue what this is. There is a sheet in the front seat that says “Replaced SCCM”. Any ideas what a SCCM is?

Pics of my dirty car pre-delivery

View attachment 704361View attachment 704362View attachment 704363View attachment 704364View attachment 704365View attachment 704366
Maybe the steering column control module. I would ask the SA, service, or delivery advisor what was replaced.

Went by the local containment lot and my car is there. (Just texted / emailed to see if I could get my delivery back to tomorrow)

Question for any one that has a clue what this is. There is a sheet in the front seat that says “Replaced SCCM”. Any ideas what a SCCM is?

Some googling has revealed it stands for "Steering Column control module."

Sorry for getting off topic, but I rec'd a piece of metal in my rear tire. Hit up service who came and picked the car up - they do not have the wheels to switch out but do have the tires. So as the car was being towed from my office on the flat bed, my father came up behind and said is this how you felt when they took your VIN away? He laughed and then walked off...

There is also a button at the top of the screen--tap that to exit and then do a reboot--that has worked for me.
When I logged out the screen retained the Dyno Mode letters. I logged back into dynotest and then immediately logged out via the button and that cleared the Dyno Mode letters and the car was normal again.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
One trick I've seen is to buckle the passenger seatbelt. Looks odd, but apparently gets rid of the problem.

If I want to look odd, I will just put hubcaps on the car. Was hoping for a better solution than having to buckle the belt. For now, I just open the screen and tap the pass vent. The weird thing is that there are times when it is is on but I cannot seem to find the pattern.

I heard that would be a rapid fire, natural methane, propulsion system.

It already has the sound for it in the car.

1630600671342.png

Airflow is great. I have not found limitations yet.
I do not like how it turns off the pass side vent each time (for efficiency). I like having it blow up and it keeps the roof area from getting stale/hot.
I was just going to make the same complaint about turning off the passenger side air. My office is in the Inland Empire area and it's hot as hell here with wicked sun. I've gotten in the habit of running the AC on 66 and turning on the rear vents because it takes too long to cool the car off otherwise. The passenger side airflow should be able to toggled on/off.

I was just going to make the same complaint about turning off the passenger side air. My office is in the Inland Empire area and it's hot as hell here with wicked sun. I've gotten in the habit of running the AC on 66 and turning on the rear vents because it takes too long to cool the car off otherwise. The passenger side airflow should be able to toggled on/off.

Interesting how it remembers all the other settings (radio, UI placement, etc.) for the driver but not the vent settings.

Sorry for getting off topic, but I rec'd a piece of metal in my rear tire. Hit up service who came and picked the car up - they do not have the wheels to switch out but do have the tires. So as the car was being towed from my office on the flat bed, my father came up behind and said is this how you felt when they took your VIN away? He laughed and then walked off...
This is exactly what your father would say.

View attachment 704361View attachment 704362View attachment 704363View attachment 704364View attachment 704365View attachment 704366
gaps look (on a dirty car) reasonably acceptable. I have definitely seen worse on here.