Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my date moved. Sept 9 to Sept 29 versus the far better Sept 2 to 12.

Just received a text and email
"Good morning, Michael

Tesla Update - We are anticipating the arrival of your vehicle this month! In preparation for your vehicle's arrival, please log into your MyTesla account and confirm that your registration, payment method, and trade-in details (if applicable) are correct. If you have any questions, reply to this text or call 760-321-0821."

I verified everything and responded to the text and asked if the vehicle would come with all season tires.

Was rewarded with a nearly immediate response confirming all season tires.

Almost there...

"Good morning, Michael

Tesla Update - We are anticipating the arrival of your vehicle this month! In preparation for your vehicle's arrival, please log into your MyTesla account and confirm that your registration, payment method, and trade-in details (if applicable) are correct. If you have any questions, reply to this text or call 760-321-0821."

I verified everything and responded to the text and asked if the vehicle would come with all season tires.

Almost there...
Did you get a VIN?

"Good morning, Michael

Almost there...
Good luck! My all season tires are at the Devon SC as of today. Trying to figure out logistics to get them as my car is still in for PPF/ceramic. 🤦

edit: on phone can’t tell if that emoji is male or female. 😀

TLDW

1. Yoke - his “safety maneuvers” seem extremely overblown; his tight turning scenario seems also overblown - why not shuffle your hand down the side / underside of the yoke as you turn. He holds it like his hands are glued to the yoke. Move them man. No one is taping your hands to the yoke or have 40s old English malt liquor duct taped to your hands.
2. Horn location - sure, can agree with this one. Common gripe, see it being a pain.
3. Range is “abysmal” - but admits to flooring it. So useless point? Also, what other mass produced and currently delivering car matches the range?
4. Too much trouble changing driving mode - solve this by creating a new profile with Plaid if desired; but also who is changing driving modes so much? His idea of “another button” probably makes Elon’s skin crawl.
4.5 (?) Goes on to complain about how long it takes to prepare for launch mode. So I guess he never came from another performance model that took 30 minutes?
5. Exterior look basically the same as the old models; sure agree. But it a classic look. Buy some after market body kit if you want to turn it into a Honda Civic. Also says the 21" wheels are “unique” to the Plaid - false statement.

He also states:
Wants a HUD - nope.
Ambient lighting - also nope, in my opinion. In a recent drive with another member we discussed this - I have a feeling I would be trying to turn it off.
Wants a passenger display - still have no clue what useful information would be in the “black trim”. It is tiny as hell. Also discussed recently in the test drive with another member.
Wants “plaid” along the interior frame - also nope.

Need my nine minutes back.
Yea he got a little desperate. "Too much trouble changing drive modes" lol...
In a prior video, he said he is buying a plaid.

I so waiting to try FLAC files with the sound systems--so far, not playing for me.

Folks are slipping--letting this by without comment :)
I was able to play some FLAC files and some WAV files yesterday from my USBC. I also had one album of FLAC files that would not play and gave an error. I could easily toggle back and forth between FLAC, WAV, and error so it wasn't dumb luck. I did not try to change or delete the FLAC files that didn't work. Just thought it was interesting that some worked and some didn't.

Rage! Genuinely don’t know what happened got out of the car after driving this afternoon and found this. Must have run over something in one of the bajillion construction zones around here. That piece of concrete pierced all the way through the sidewall and damaged the rim. I can’t believe that tire is still holding air. Ugh.
CD19DC10-6E0F-431E-9F3C-58EA6DB00A83.jpeg

No Vin for white interior. Something tells me the estimate of October-November is more realistic. Seems like expecting Tesla to get its *sugar* together is simply too much to ask for :rolleyes:
My source says White interiors delayed again. Start date unknown, all with dates before November will be pushed back.

My source says White interiors delayed again. Start date unknown, all with dates before November will be pushed back.
Wouldn't it just be "all dates will be pushed? October pushed to November, pushed November dates. November pushes December, etc. Also, that seems to go the opposite of what is happening in the white interior thread - people are seeing dates move up.

I don’t agree with his opinion but interesting perspective.
Self aggrandizing DBag.

Sorry, that was just twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back.
OMG could not agree with you more! I got deja vu! It was like what am I watching? Top Gear, or Edmunds? That while fake sick thing! And THEN, the whole "only for millionaires" crap, yeah THAT’S THE POINT THAT IT'S NOT for hyper rich people only. Clearly one of the *insert kind or not so kind word* people who simply can't get it through their heads how awesome the fact that this car exists is! ONLY FOR MARKETING?!!?!???!! What are they gonna say about the Lucid Air Tri-Motor, or the 2024 Dodge EV?! They are going to rave on and on, and *sugar* on Tesla’s interiors while they do it! Somehow, cars Plaid fast from other companies will be rational, but Tesla is just too far, and for "Twitter only!" I hate to get mad on this forum, and this likely the last time that I will show it on here, but man that's just BAADDD. Edmunds taking the unfair click bait media approach. 🤬🤬🤬🙂🙂🙂🙂
Some things in this review were good, like the range test, but that was about it admittedly. :(

Last edited: