Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips for proactively securing a delivery date

Original EDD was Sept 03-06 then Shifted to 05-08 then Yestterday Sept 06-09 and now shift again to Sept 07-10

Calling local tesla store I guess reroutes to a call center and so far the 3 times I've called keeps stating they'll reach out when ready
would suggest driving up to the SC and try to talk to the Manager thats what i would do.

Follow up:

Driving
Alright so this is kind of embarrassing, but I can't slam on the accelerator in Plaid mode. I didn't realize how intense the g-force was going to feel and start blacking out after I hit 45mph LOL. I don't know what to do about this. I tried tensing all my abs and legs like fighter pilots do prior to accelerating but it doesn't help. AHHHH!! Any tips would be appreciated lol.
Acceleration is like a drug. The more you are exposed to it, the less your body reacts. When I got my GSXR 750, I was terrified of a full throttle acceleration. After about 6 months, I was numb to the sensation and wanted something faster.

If the acceleration is too scary, give it time. Work yourself into a comfort level, and eventually you'll handle it without a second thought.

The first time I floored it from a stop in my LR, I felt light headed and was concerned I was going to get dizzy. After a few days of this, I no longer react much to it physically, but I love watching a passenger experience it for the first time. 🤣

Obviously the Plaid will take longer to ease the physical reaction to the acceleration, but you'll adjust. Then you get to scare the bejesus out of new passengers while you calmly laugh your butt off.

speaking of opinions on the yoke...hot off of the youtube presses

TLDW

1. Yoke - his “safety maneuvers” seem extremely overblown; his tight turning scenario seems also overblown - why not shuffle your hand down the side / underside of the yoke as you turn. He holds it like his hands are glued to the yoke. Move them man. No one is taping your hands to the yoke or have 40s old English malt liquor duct taped to your hands.
2. Horn location - sure, can agree with this one. Common gripe, see it being a pain.
3. Range is “abysmal” - but admits to flooring it. So useless point? Also, what other mass produced and currently delivering car matches the range?
4. Too much trouble changing driving mode - solve this by creating a new profile with Plaid if desired; but also who is changing driving modes so much? His idea of “another button” probably makes Elon’s skin crawl.
4.5 (?) Goes on to complain about how long it takes to prepare for launch mode. So I guess he never came from another performance model that took 30 minutes?
5. Exterior look basically the same as the old models; sure agree. But it a classic look. Buy some after market body kit if you want to turn it into a Honda Civic. Also says the 21" wheels are “unique” to the Plaid - false statement.

He also states:
Wants a HUD - nope.
Ambient lighting - also nope, in my opinion. In a recent drive with another member we discussed this - I have a feeling I would be trying to turn it off.
Wants a passenger display - still have no clue what useful information would be in the “black trim”. It is tiny as hell. Also discussed recently in the test drive with another member.
Wants “plaid” along the interior frame - also nope.

Need my nine minutes back.

Don't suppose you could link me to or post a picture of the torx wrench you used to reach that screw. I've tried every tool in my arsenal to reach it and just can't seem to find the right one that is long enough to reach it, but short enough to contort in there. Thanks!
I had to use a flexible drill bit extension (like this one, though mine was from amazon: RYOBI 11 in. Flexible Shaft Bit Holder-A10FB1G - The Home Depot) and it was still a tight fit, but this did the trick for me. I used a T25 Torx bit coupled with this.

1631042923941.png

I see the light at the end of the tunnel finally...I think

nice, love to hear thoughts between your two teslas
Here are my thoughts on the Plaid as someone who’s coming from a MYP:

Follow up:

Delivery experience
My delivery advisor was top notch. He did everything he could to ensure I could take delivery the same day they received it from the train yard. The car was in pristine condition and I still can't find any QC issues. Was missing the trunk cover but they said it'll be mailed to me.

It was hands free, but they had someone helping me through it. They even kept my Model S inside the service room away from all the other cars, which they said was due to the value of the Plaid. They said all Plaid deliveries were to take place inside their garage with a delivery guy standing by in case I noticed any issues.

Interior
The seats are way more comfortable than my 21 Model Y seats and the ventilated seats really add to the experience. My wife usually hates ventilated seats but surprisingly she loves these ones.

As you're all aware, the tablet is WAY better than the old gen - I didn't realize how much faster it'd be. I can open YouTube or Netflix and have it ready to search within 3 seconds. The old gen took 20-30 seconds for any of these apps to load up. This alone makes a huge difference to my daily experience.

I wasn't sure about the yoke prior to delivery, but now that I've used it I absolutely love it and couldn't go back to a regular steering wheel. I got used to it within a couple hours and no longer have to look at the turn signal buttons - everything feels so natural. Even tight turns are a breeze once you get used to it. Note: I used to play video games a lot so learning new controls is very natural to me. The only thing I dislike about the yoke is the horn and wish it was just a regular horn.

Driving
Alright so this is kind of embarrassing, but I can't slam on the accelerator in Plaid mode. I didn't realize how intense the g-force was going to feel and start blacking out after I hit 45mph LOL. I don't know what to do about this. I tried tensing all my abs and legs like fighter pilots do prior to accelerating but it doesn't help. AHHHH!! Any tips would be appreciated lol.

Coming from a Y, the handling and suspension are incredible. I feel really connected to the road and it's way more stable than my Y.

Overall
The car is incredible. I'm absolutely blown away at this marvel of engineering. It's better than anything I could've imagined and I've read/watched most reviews out there.

Hang in there friends - this will be 100% worth the wait.
In short, the Model S Plaid is an upgrade in all regards compared to the MYP.

Happy to answer any questions that I didn’t address above!

Acceleration is like a drug. The more you are exposed to it, the less your body reacts. When I got my GSXR 750, I was terrified of a full throttle acceleration. After about 6 months, I was numb to the sensation and wanted something faster.

If the acceleration is too scary, give it time. Work yourself into a comfort level, and eventually you'll handle it without a second thought.

The first time I floored it from a stop in my LR, I felt light headed and was concerned I was going to get dizzy. After a few days of this, I no longer react much to it physically, but I love watching a passenger experience it for the first time. 🤣

Obviously the Plaid will take longer to ease the physical reaction to the acceleration, but you'll adjust. Then you get to scare the bejesus out of new passengers while you calmly laugh your butt off.
LOL, glad to hear I’m not the only one! I launched at an empty red light earlier today and resting my head on the headrest helped a lot. I still get lightheaded and dizzy at 70mph, but yesterday I couldn’t get past 45mph so I’ve made progress 🤣

Need to train my body to withstand launches better so that I can start laughing at my passengers!

Man, get some real $20 jack pads for that $164,000 car!

I agree... try using hockey pucks at the correct lift points. ;)

View attachment 706302

Surprised they did not try crushed beer cans. Hockey pucks work great for a lot of things.

Crushed with their head, after shotgunning them, prior to working on your car. The only way.

Add in some men yelling at each other.
Definitely not perfect, but I'm not worried since if he's not damaging anything. If he drops the car...then all bets are off.

Any tips for proactively securing a delivery date

Original EDD was Sept 03-06 then Shifted to 05-08 then Yestterday Sept 06-09 and now shift again to Sept 07-10

Calling local tesla store I guess reroutes to a call center and so far the 3 times I've called keeps stating they'll reach out when ready
First you should call Tesla and find out where your car is. They can 'ping' your car and see its gps location. Once it is at the delivery center you can go there and schedule your delivery assuming it is not too far away. If too far to pop in on them you should call Tesla and ask to schedule your delivery date. the key is knowing where your car is and when it will arrive at the delivery location.