Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to ask about VIN assignment but I think you are dead on. It also seems like it randomly happens throughout the day as well. I have a 9/24-9/30 EDD and probably refresh my screen every 30 min to see if I get a VIN. I still doubt I get a car by EOQ. I hope so though!!!
And an email sent to my local Tesla contacts just received the same response I've been getting from them since July..."we have no other information and while you may or may not get a VIN soon, we're still anticipating actual delivery mid-Sept - mid-Oct" so basically they have no f*ing clue because the inter-dept communication and procedures at Tesla are non-existent...VINs are probably computer assigned by some stupid algorithm?!?!?!
🤔 🤪 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let's see if @2021plaid can like this one. 🤣

1631546362568.png

Had my first two experiences today, one on the way to get car inspected, and one on the way home. Both in sport mode.

For the first one, I was totally unprepared. At a red light with open space ahead, fairly busy road, a Harley pulled up. Didn’t even glance at me. Pulled away dead even with accelerator only half way down, until I reached 70 then let him pull away. Heart was racing.

Second one, I was better prepared. Shelby Cobra pulls up behind me at a light. I pulled away from him and he didn’t pursue. So at next light I pull into left lane, and instead of staying behind me he pulls into right lane, a few feet behind dead even, so I couldn’t really see him. But I figure he wants to go. So I punch it and look in the rear view and he decided not to go. I think he must have thought it was a Plaid?! Lol. Not sure if it was the top of line Cobra GT500 but it looked like the attached.

Anyway, pretty exciting for an old guy! And when I got home I changed to Insane. Lol.

Attachments

• 68B33EE7-89C7-4081-B674-E8680B6EDF03.png
    68B33EE7-89C7-4081-B674-E8680B6EDF03.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 43
Had my first two experiences today, one on the way to get car inspected, and one on the way home. Both in sport mode.

For the first one, I was totally unprepared. At a red light with open space ahead, fairly busy road, a Harley pulled up. Didn’t even glance at me. Pulled away dead even with accelerator only half way down, until I reached 70 then let him pull away. Heart was racing.

Second one, I was better prepared. Shelby Cobra pulls up behind me at a light. I pulled away from him and he didn’t pursue. So at next light I pull into left lane, and instead of staying behind me he pulls into right lane, a few feet behind dead even, so I couldn’t really see him. But I figure he wants to go. So I punch it and look in the rear view and he decided not to go. I think he must have thought it was a Plaid?! Lol. Not sure if it was the top of line Cobra GT500 but it looked like the attached.

Anyway, pretty exciting for an old guy! And when I got home I changed to Insane. Lol.
Even if it were a GT500 taking off at full throttle with 100% perfect launch? LR will still beat him by over 1/2 second 0-60

Some navigations questions, please
1) if you use NoA and change the route, will it autoupdate like any other GPS and then you're still good to go?
2) in line with that, I've heard there's no car play, android auto, etc. so if you want waze, you can do so through a web browser - I imagine that can work, but then the car woudn't know about it, right, so no navigating with Waze per se? and if that's the case, then just use Waze on the cell phone or similar?
3) since I believe there is no map stored on the car, other than maybe in a cache if you zoom out (what i read to do if cell service will be marginal) i presume/assume/believe the maps are essentially "real time" so if the data source is updated (new roads, development, construction) then the map should have it right away, versus a typical car's annual mapping updates for $X?
thanks for any info!