Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So no-go below freezing.
looks like they (PZ4) should do well in the rain according to Pirelli’s website.
81F0A42C-6D6D-4A17-9057-AC6B872E73AF.jpeg

Same, but different view.
View attachment 709958
Thanks. After seeing these pics, I am leaning toward not swapping wheels and powder coating them black when I get the partial PPF and ceramic so everything can be done at the same time (and I won't lose even more car time). I'll probably switch wheels when the 19s wear out (which may be sooner than normal with this car). I'll decide after seeing them in person.

Thx - forgot you posted something. I am kinda toying with getting the black center caps from the original arachnids.

I tried that this week. Color match was good. Bore looked good. The OD of the cap did not fully fill the counterbore diameter.

May try tonight to fully install and take pics.

In concept, it looks better than oem cap.

I read someone posted in past 4-5 pages (sorry unable to track it down now) FSD guarantees future hardware updates. Is that realistic, i.e, I am to-be first time tesla owner. Has previous owners with FSD got the hardware upgrades or is it just another Beta type deal that is forever 2-weeks out ..... Your input please....

FWIW, my EDD is stuck at Nov 10-Dec 1 but reconciling to the fact that it is good in a long run with 2022 vin and outside of EoQ. But will take it if I get it sooner ofcourse.... Afterall waiting since early April....
I thought I read that Elon said HW 4 would come out with cybertruck. Not sure if that means fed owners will get a hw3 to HW 4 upgrade at that point…I think better chance of it if HW3 won’t work with a future FSD. I’d imagine they’d do whatever they could to keep future FSD backwards compatible to avoid the cost of retrofits.

At $200 a month to get the FSD subscription, you would have to keep the car for over 4 years before the $10k purchase up front becomes advantageous.

With all the talk here about how to properly leverage your money, and how so many of you won't even keep a vehicle for 5 years. Why is anybody paying $10k up front?
makes sense when you lease.

FSD is not ready and who knows when it will be. Also why pay to not drive a car that’s fun to drive?

Summon on the other hand is useful. When the car is covered in snow, having the capacity to move the car forward/backwards is very useful. If only Tesla could sell summon only for ~1k$ I’d get that.
I was imagining calling the car in the snow. not sure how well it would do if ground covered so no visible lines. Ditto if really raining out.

Thanks. After seeing these pics, I am leaning toward not swapping wheels and powder coating them black when I get the partial PPF and ceramic so everything can be done at the same time (and I won't lose even more car time). I'll probably switch wheels when the 19s wear out (which may be sooner than normal with this car). I'll decide after seeing them in person.
Exactly what I am going to do. Black powder to match the trim will improve them a lot.

Anyone know if the new MS Plaid/LR comes with (2) Sentry Mode On - Recording stickers? Thinking it's a good idea to have these stickers in place on the 2 front windows even if Sentry Mode is off...could keep people away from the vehicle if they notice. If not, a set is like $11 on Amazon. Thanks.
Mine did not. Unless they’re on back order. 😀

I was imagining calling the car in the snow. not sure how well it would do if ground covered so no visible lines. Ditto if really raining out.
I only had access to the basic summon where you could move the car forward and back, not the call the car to pick me up at the entrance of the mall. So you get me thinking, I’d pay 500$ for the move the car front and back and 1000$ for the full summon. 🙂