Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1631797750601.png

Uhh...Tesla is the Tesla of EV startups.

Tesla is the Tesla of electric vehicles.

Do these idiots even read what they are typing?

This just in: Ford is the Chevy of legacy auto manufacturers'...

View attachment 710032

Uhh...Tesla is the Tesla of EV startups.

Tesla is the Tesla of electric vehicles.

Do these idiots even read what they are typing?

This just in: Ford is the Chevy of legacy auto manufacturers'...
OMG RIGHT ON! The media on one hand hates on and falsely states clickbait things about Tesla, while on the other hand appears to look at Tesla's growth story as a benchmark!😆

Last edited:
Changed from Sept 18 - Sept. 30 to October 5 -October 25th. Emailed the SA yesterday and asked if there was a firmer date than the September. He said IF it comes in September, the vin would come around the 25th - 29th. I think they know more than they let on. Also asked about the $2000 for FSD for the Plaid + when it was $8000. He said the team would give approval for credit 72 hours before delivery.

Someone was right when they said Tesla wanted us READY. I have $150K sitting in a checking account since June when I was to get the car.

My plan is to at least have a look at it. If I can’t tell it had been repaired, I suppose I should take it. Is there a downside to accepting it if there are no visible flaws? I will tell them I do want to test drive it before accepting it to make sure there are no rattles coming from that replaced rear panel. I know they tend to frown upon test drive requests for the Plaid, but this is a special circumstance and if they deny that opportunity then I will definitely hold out for another delivery. I am not in a huge hurry….I bought a 3P to tide me over.

… they said it’s an interior panel being replaced. That doesn’t bother me. They said they are replacing and repainting a “skull cap”. Thanks to this forum, I found out that’s a side mirror cover. That is plastic, so they wouldn’t cure the paint with a 600 degree oven so I’m guessing it should be OK. I’m going to check it out when it’s delivered and go from there.

Changed from Sept 18 - Sept. 30 to October 5 -October 25th. Emailed the SA yesterday and asked if there was a firmer date than the September. He said IF it comes in September, the vin would come around the 25th - 29th. I think they know more than they let on. Also asked about the $2000 for FSD for the Plaid + when it was $8000. He said the team would give approval for credit 72 hours before delivery.

Someone was right when they said Tesla wanted us READY. I have $150K sitting in a checking account since June when I was to get the car.
And my account is still BLANK since yesterday morning. Hmmm. Now, I'm thinking 1st or 2nd week of Oct. So odd that they're telling you IF it's Sept delivery for you, then you'll likely get a VIN assignment Sept 25-29...very last minute...that's just CRAZY! 🤪 They play such games with their customers...f'king bastards! 🤬

… they said it’s an interior panel being replaced. That doesn’t bother me. They said they are replacing and repainting a “skull cap”. Thanks to this forum, I found out that’s a side mirror cover. That is plastic, so they wouldn’t cure the paint with a 600 degree oven so I’m guessing it should be OK. I’m going to check it out when it’s delivered and go from there.
@emailforbrett Well, good luck with that! For $150k+ for a new car, that wouldn't work for some of us.

FSD adds value to the car when it’s sold. So the $10k is not a complete write off, while the sub is.

I know someone is going to say that FSD doesn’t transfer. It does. I did it. Selling it to Tesla is a different story, but to anyone else it transfers.
You are right. A WOPPING $1,257 more vs the $10,000 paid if you were selling a 2019 with 25,000 miles. If you had paid $200 a month for a year, $2400, vs $10,000 up front to get a $1,257 on a $10,000 investment....NOPE I'll stick with the subscription this time around.

CE4C3755-9348-41ED-8C64-21381E4996A1_1_201_a.jpeg
6C287916-55A7-4094-89C0-C26ECD3A40C3_1_201_a.jpeg