Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely correct! the smaller wheel will inherently be lighter, but a large 21" forged wheel like the older Arachnids would be faster for sure, provided it was as wide or close to the current Arachnids.

THANK. YOU! No one is looking at the outside of the car then, and they chose the heavier wheels: BETTER TIRES.
And those tires got a workout--they screamed the entire time but it was an impressive outing for a street tire.

Figured cheap enough that if they did not work not out a lot of money.

If you have a better one, let me know and I will try.
IMG_1336.jpeg

OK, here is the armor black center cap. It is a nice tight fit as you would expect from an OEM part. The color and finish are a really close match to the black trim on the car. The p/n is 6005879-04-A and they are $15 per (same price as the grey ones).

Personally, I have not decided which look I like better. I guess one final thing to check is if the cap from the 21s fits the 19s (and how it looks).

The Plaid is phenomenal and Plaid owners will not encounter a faster car only any road they travel. The same can largely be said of the LR.

I'm extremely comfortable with my decision to buy an LR and I hope you feel the same way at some point.
The more Plaids on the road, the less largely you will be comfortable with your decision. 😉

That's why they increased the price by $10k, because they accurately priced it in the first place. 🤔

My favorite part of this is when there was a $50k difference between the LR and Plaid, and so many people were arguing how $50k is totally worth it. Pretty sure $70K would be totally "worth it".

I'm not in the camp of people who say the Plaid is not worth it, but why are the Plaid buyers fighting so hard to convince everyone there choice is worth it? I want a Plaid, but I cannot afford it. I honestly think the universe was looking out for me, because I have yet to come across anyone who can make my LR look silly on the road. I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me.
Doesn't matter how much price difference the two have, 50k or 70k...who cares. I have no issue with anyone buying whatever the heck they want with their money. Some Plaid buyers are probably doing that for the exact same reason some LR buyers, including yourself, are fighting hard trying to convince others that your choice is worth it. You can't claim for an issue to be present yet be a part of it yourself in the same comment. I mean in your own post you act surprised over this and then proceed to state how Plaid is an overkill etc. etc.
I don't understand why some people are taking this seriously when in reality your overkill might be the norm for someone else and vice versa so who cares what someone buys. If LR is your cup of tea, great! and if Plaid gives you an erection, good for you.

quick question on paying for the car on delivery day:

Does adding bank account and paying for the car on Tesla account page online, go through immediately? Or does payment via website take some time to process?

I'm wondering if I can go to inspect the car on my delivery appointment, and if I like the car, pay for it immediately via the website while I'm at at the delivery center.

(family is helping to pay for the car... so I was wondering if I can tell them to pay from my online after I inspect the car, so that their money doesn't get stuck in case the car doesn't pass my inspections. Also I'm trying to avoid carrying certified checks, because we using multiple accounts)

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how much price difference the two have, 50k or 70k...who cares. I have no issue with anyone buying whatever the heck they want with their money. Some Plaid buyers are probably doing that for the exact same reason some LR buyers, including yourself, are fighting hard trying to convince others that your choice is worth it. You can't claim for an issue to be present yet be a part of it yourself in the same comment. I mean in your own post you act surprised over this and then proceed to state how Plaid is an overkill etc. etc.
I don't understand why some people are taking this seriously when in reality your overkill might be the norm for someone else and vice versa so who cares what someone buys. If LR is your cup of tea, great! and if Plaid gives you an erection, good for you.
The thing that I question the most as a peripheral issue on this topic of LR vs. Plaid...is why in the heck are these guys still on this particular TMC thread -- Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery -- bitching, moaning, complaining, and endlessly trying to convince everyone else that the MS Plaid isn't worth an extra $40k or whatever, when it's absolutely clear these guys really just have 'buyer's remorse' (and should instead be kicking themselves in the tooshie for not ponying up the extra dough for the MS Plaid when that's what they really wanted...if money wasn't the issue of course)? :rolleyes:

As I've said before, whenever it is I take delivery of my new MS Plaid and post up the pics after it's all detailed and what not, I really don't think I'll have any reason to hang around here, as long as I'm not having major issues with my Tesla that I need advice on. Now, of course, I can see logging into TMC once in a while to look at other threads if I have questions, need advice or help on something Tesla MS Plaid related, or want to share some experiences regarding my Tesla MS Plaid. That makes total sense! 👍

Sorry, but I just find it a bit odd that people, other than say @omarsultan and guys like him who are super involved in their local Tesla clubs and basically act as an ombudsman to anything Tesla related (and are happy & eager to help). But, other than folks like Omar and others like him...guys, wtf are you still doing here annoying the rest of us, trying your best to justify your MS LR purchase decision? LOL. Seriously, don't these guys have friends, family, spouses, and other things to do with their lives? 🤔 😜 @Aleks0404 @Ramphex (and you guys tagged are of course NOT who I was talking about...but you already know that ;) )

Last edited:
The thing that I question the most as a peripheral issue on this topic of LR vs. Plaid...is why in the heck are these guys still on this particular TMC thread -- Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery -- bitching, moaning, complaining, and endlessly trying to convince everyone else that the MS Plaid isn't worth an extra $40k or whatever, when it's absolutely clear these guys really just have 'buyer's remorse' (and should instead be kicking themselves in the tooshie for not ponying up the extra dough for the MS Plaid when that's what they really wanted...if money wasn't the issue of course)? :rolleyes:

As I've said before, whenever it is I take delivery of my new MS Plaid and post up the pics after it's all detailed and what not, I really don't think I'll have any reason to hang around here, as long as I'm not having major issues with my Tesla that I need advice on. Now, of course, I can see logging into TMC once in a while to look at other threads if I have questions, need advice or help on something Tesla MS Plaid related, or want to share some experiences regarding my Tesla MS Plaid. That makes total sense! 👍

Sorry, but I just find it a bit odd that people, other than say @omarsultan and guys like him who are super involved in their local Tesla clubs and basically act as an ombudsman to anything Tesla related (and are happy & eager to help). But, other than folks like Omar and others like him...guys, wtf are you still doing here annoying the rest of us, trying your best to justify your MS LR purchase decision? LOL. Seriously, don't these guys have friends, family, spouses, and other things to do with their lives? 🤔 😜 @Aleks0404 @Ramphex (and you guys tagged are of course NOT who I was talking about...but you already know that ;) )

I hate @umair239's profile picture. It's like he wants to be me, but chose a terrible username.

Since you asked. 90% of the time I’m posting here is because I’m in the bathroom… aren’t you happy you asked?

Ordered Sep 26 2020, got auto converted to Plaid in June with a July estimate. August 1st changed to blank for a couple weeks then went to a February estimate.
Now says Oct 15th to Nov 4th.
And back to blank...
Nov 2 - Nov 22.
This morning it updated to Oct 16 - Nov 5th. Right back to where I was three updates ago...
Updated this morning to Sep 18 - Sep 30.
VIN!! 5YJSA1E64MF443xxx

EDD Sep 19 - 25!!

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399