Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An LR with the 1-2 year away acceleration boost we all know Tesla will sell LR owners. Taycan is like 2.4 to 2.6 seconds to 60.
Yeah but I've already seen a LR 10.89 1/4 mile. That Taycan ran closer to a LR than it did to the Plaid at 10.6x.

My point being, the LR vs a Plaid would not be much different than that Taycan run.

I got my fist

Yeah but I've already seen a LR 10.89 1/4 mile. That Taycan ran closer to a LR than it did to the Plaid at 10.6x.

My point being, the LR vs a Plaid would not be much different than that Taycan run.
Nope. Both are 130 mph trap cars, so it would look about the same, minus the head start lol. That doesn't happen every time. ;) :)

Reactions: impastu
I got my first scratch today. 45 degree pull in parking against a sidewalk that was not parallel to the street. The driver side was a foot from the curb, but the passenger side ended up over the curb. I got a very superficial scratch on the bottom of the black plastic that tapers from the front wheel well to the bottom front of the car. You can barely feel the rub, so I'm not upset about it.

I have to be more careful. if that curb was an inch higher I'd be talking to a body shop.

One other crazy note: Check out these factory pickup instructions (Wish me luck!):
"DETAILS FOR PICK-UP DAY:
You will receive a text message confirming your vehicle is ready anytime between 9:00 AM โ€“ 6:00 PM on your scheduled pick-up date. You will then have 24-hours to pick up your vehicle.

NOTE: On the day of your scheduled pick up, your date in your Tesla account may disappear, please do not be alarmed, this is a normal cadence.

If you are unable to pick-up your vehicle within 24 hours, we will need to release it for the next customer in queue. We will do our best to have a new vehicle available when you are ready to accept delivery, but cannot guarantee the timing due to the nature of vehicle manufacturing.

You will be required to pick-up your vehicle immediately upon arrival. Due to our high volume, we need to clear all spaces for incoming customers. Please perform any inspections at the comfort of your home. Any service concerns can be addressed and uploaded through your mobile app within 24-hours of your pick-up."
I was at my SC earlier today and it was packed to the gills with cars. Zero space to park the car you arrived in! I was there looking for my MYP, and I found it. Got vin two days ago, it pinged in Fremont yesterday morning, early, and it was at my DC by noon! They are really pushing shite ๐Ÿ’ฉ out! Good luck fellow refreshers!

Last edited:
That's why I was recommending it so someone doesn't get an LR and experience Plaid, and be disappointed for the rest of the ownership of the car
Since you asked. 90% of the time Iโ€™m posting here is because Iโ€™m in the bathroomโ€ฆ arenโ€™t you happy you asked?
More fiber.

I wonder if @2021plaid is Elonโ€™s first prototype AI bot ๐Ÿค”

2FFEB5B8-E791-4611-B088-15EBBEB53A1F.jpeg

The thing that I question the most as a peripheral issue on this topic of LR vs. Plaid...is why in the heck are these guys still on this particular TMC thread -- Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery -- bitching, moaning, complaining, and endlessly trying to convince everyone else that the MS Plaid isn't worth an extra $40k or whatever, when it's absolutely clear these guys really just have 'buyer's remorse' (and should instead be kicking themselves in the tooshie for not ponying up the extra dough for the MS Plaid when that's what they really wanted...if money wasn't the issue of course)? :rolleyes:

As I've said before, whenever it is I take delivery of my new MS Plaid and post up the pics after it's all detailed and what not, I really don't think I'll have any reason to hang around here, as long as I'm not having major issues with my Tesla that I need advice on. Now, of course, I can see logging into TMC once in a while to look at other threads if I have questions, need advice or help on something Tesla MS Plaid related, or want to share some experiences regarding my Tesla MS Plaid. That makes total sense! ๐Ÿ‘

Sorry, but I just find it a bit odd that people, other than say @omarsultan and guys like him who are super involved in their local Tesla clubs and basically act as an ombudsman to anything Tesla related (and are happy & eager to help). But, other than folks like Omar and others like him...guys, wtf are you still doing here annoying the rest of us, trying your best to justify your MS LR purchase decision? LOL. Seriously, don't these guys have friends, family, spouses, and other things to do with their lives? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜œ @Aleks0404 @Ramphex (and you guys tagged are of course NOT who I was talking about...but you already know that ;) )
:)

Moslty, I like the community on this thread--the regulars are all good folk and I'd be happy to throw back a beer with any of y'all. I also want to see how the story ends--hang around long enough to see the original crew all get their cars.

I was at my SC earlier today and it was packed to the gills with cars. Zero space to park the car you arrived in! I was there looking for my MYP, and I found it. Got vin two days ago, it pinged in Fremont yesterday morning, early, and it was at my DC by noon! They are really pushing shite ๐Ÿ’ฉ out! Good luck fellow refreshers!
Same with my local SC. Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center and it was packed with model 3/Yโ€™s
Saw only 1 plaid.

:)

Moslty, I like the community on this thread--the regulars are all good folk and I'd be happy to throw back a beer with any of y'all. I also want to see how the story ends--hang around long enough to see the original crew all get their cars.
I'm pretty sure gator is only here to have an audience to brag to. Once he has listed all of his previous cars and accomplishments, the only left for him is to post pics of what he KNOWS is the best choices and combos of the new MS. He'll stick around for all the congrats, and eviscerate anybody who says they would prefer some other combination, while belittling them at the same time.

Naturally, he has no reason to stay after that. He's not here to help others, or share any issues or knowledge with others who are still waiting. He just wants to bask in the glow of his awesomeness.

I'm really rooting for him to get a car soon.

Reactions: impastu
I got my first scratch today. 45 degree pull in parking against a sidewalk that was not parallel to the street. The driver side was a foot from the curb, but the passenger side ended up over the curb. I got a very superficial scratch on the bottom of the black plastic that tapers from the front wheel well to the bottom front of the car. You can barely feel the rub, so I'm not upset about it.

I have to be more careful. if that curb was an inch higher I'd be talking to a body shop.
Again. Why donโ€™t these damn cars with like a dozen cameras and a super computer not have top view or accessible front cameras?!?

Same with my local SC. Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center and it was packed with model 3/Yโ€™s
Saw only 1 plaid.
@AMPd ๐Ÿ’ฉ Bloopโ€ฆ. At the Renton SC, there are eight unmatched Plaids, yeah, eight. All colors and combos, except white. Zip 98058. Have at it. I need a place to park tomorrow when I pick up the MYP.

Last edited: