Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other crazy note: Check out these factory pickup instructions (Wish me luck!):
"DETAILS FOR PICK-UP DAY:
You will receive a text message confirming your vehicle is ready anytime between 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM on your scheduled pick-up date. You will then have 24-hours to pick up your vehicle.

NOTE: On the day of your scheduled pick up, your date in your Tesla account may disappear, please do not be alarmed, this is a normal cadence.

If you are unable to pick-up your vehicle within 24 hours, we will need to release it for the next customer in queue. We will do our best to have a new vehicle available when you are ready to accept delivery, but cannot guarantee the timing due to the nature of vehicle manufacturing.

You will be required to pick-up your vehicle immediately upon arrival. Due to our high volume, we need to clear all spaces for incoming customers. Please perform any inspections at the comfort of your home. Any service concerns can be addressed and uploaded through your mobile app within 24-hours of your pick-up."
24 hours?!?!? So you don't schedule a time, just a day and then you have 24 hours? I guess this confirms the theory that the reason some of us still have September EOQ EDDs even though SAs show us as having October production and delivery is because they want the "next customer in queue" ready to get the car if the actual order holder can't take delivery.

Also, PICK UP YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY? No ability to inspect and if parts are not attached or falling off, no ability to reject? Wow!!! I have been relatively patient and glass half full for a while but that is total BS. Why crap on your customers (and employees) so bad at EOQ. More signs that cars delivered during this particular EOQ rush might have more QC problems than normal.

quick question on paying for the car on delivery day:

Does adding bank account and paying for the car on Tesla account page online, go through immediately? Or does payment via website take some time to process?

I'm wondering if I can go to inspect the car on my delivery appointment, and if I like the car, pay for it immediately via the website while I'm at at the delivery center.

(family is helping to pay for the car... so I was wondering if I can tell them to pay from my online after I inspect the car, so that their money doesn't get stuck in case the car doesn't pass my inspections. Also I'm trying to avoid carrying certified checks, because we using multiple accounts)
First it is highly unlikely that you will have tro reject the car. It happens but it is pretty rare. Most items can be rectified by the service center.

I would suggest that first you should consolidate the money into one account. Paying with multiple accounts will definitely make things more complicated. Then let your sales advisor know that you will be paying with a personal check that you will bring to the delivery. A personal check is usually ok but it is somewhat dependent on which state you are in.

24 hours?!?!? So you don't schedule a time, just a day and then you have 24 hours? I guess this confirms the theory that the reason some of us still have September EOQ EDDs even though SAs show us as having October production and delivery is because they want the "next customer in queue" ready to get the car if the actual order holder can't take delivery.

Also, PICK UP YOUR CAR IMMEDIATELY? No ability to inspect and if parts are not attached or falling off, no ability to reject? Wow!!! I have been relatively patient and glass half full for a while but that is total BS. Why crap on your customers (and employees) so bad at EOQ. More signs that cars delivered during this particular EOQ rush might have more QC problems than normal.
Those are instructions for factory pickups. 24 hours from the time they tell your car is ready. Other delivery centers are not like that.

Those are instructions for factory pickups. 24 hours from the time they tell your car is ready. Other delivery centers are not like that.
Thanks! I missed the "factory pickup" part. Now that I am in my EDD range, I am getting really antsy. I may have to stay off the forum for the weekend (and just refresh my Tesla account page constantly). 🤪

Taking delivery Monday 9/20 @ 1:00PM.
(Red Plaid MS, Black/Carbon Fiber Interior, 19” Wheels FSD. Reserved 9/22/20)
Finally got option to pay… today.
Tesla needed to make a $2,000 adjustment for the FSD price. It was $8,000 when I reserved it. $10,000 when it was converted to Plaid from Plaid+
$2,000 credit appears as “Referral Credit”

QUESTION/ADVISE:
Sould I pay now or wait until Monday & Pay at delivery after inspecting the car???

Couple days in and thrilled. Car is now at detailers for a few days. Quick question on missing mats, trunk privacy shelf and trunk covers. Basically, I’m missing the entire package. I know others are missing the shelf or just the back covers. The SA says they know, it’s noted and I should get them in a couple weeks. 🤣 Another waiting game or a never ending delivery. They refuse to send an email confirming they owe them or the process. I’m also concerned they won’t send the whole package and I’ll get a trunk privacy cover only as most are just missing that. I haven’t seen entire package missing yet. Has anyone received any of their stuff in the mail? If so, how long did it take after delivery?

Last edited:
Taking delivery Monday 9/20 @ 1:00PM.
(Red Plaid MS, Black/Carbon Fiber Interior, 19” Wheels FSD. Reserved 9/22/20)
Finally got option to pay… today.
Tesla needed to make a $2,000 adjustment for the FSD price. It was $8,000 when I reserved it. $10,000 when it was converted to Plaid from Plaid+
$2,000 credit appears as “Referral Credit”

QUESTION/ADVISE:
Sould I pay now or wait until Monday & Pay at delivery after inspecting the car???
I would pay after inspection of vehicle if satisfied.

Couple days in and thrilled. Car is now at detailers for a few days. Quick question on missing mats, trunk privacy shelf and trunk covers. Basically, I’m missing the entire package. I know others are missing the shelf or just the back covers. The SA says they know, it’s noted and I should get them in a couple weeks. 🤣 Another waiting game or a never ending delivery. They refuse to send an email confirming they owe them or the process. I’m also concerned they won’t send the whole package and I’ll get a trunk privacy cover only as most are just missing that. I haven’t seen entire package missing yet. Has anyone received any of their stuff in the mail? If so, how long did it take after delivery?
Additionally, we've heard from folks that the various SCs are handling this differently:
  • "We'll call you when we get them. You have to come by to get them."
  • "Tesla will ship them directly to you."
  • "Create a service appt and we'll schedule a delivery when available."

I don’t know for certain but I thought it was the 12 volt power socket lead they tied into
My tech told me that the refresh doesn’t have any power switched 12v…i.e., the power stays in even when car is locked down. If true…This simply means a user power off required for radar and lasers. Can anyone confirm or deny?