Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What they said. If I open the door slowly, systematically, and incredibly carefully all while watching the gap, they never connect. But if I open the door like a normal person normally opens a car door, or similarly close it (which requires some force to latch), the difference in motion causes that gap to close significantly.

Granted I'm not a mechanic and am hardly a "car guy," but I have eyes and can see direct marks associated with elevated paint bubbles that indicate a clear correlation.
I’m not disputing that the door rubs. It’s obvious that it does. However the hinge mechanics are the same for everyone. I would expect the door to be inset or offset on depth for that to happen but it doesn’t appear to be.

So, yeah, now they're telling me "mid-Oct - mid-Nov." Gee, where/when have I heard that one before? 🤔 :rolleyes: It could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed out further. Still not understanding why, since we're hearing about more white on white/cf MS Plaids getting VINs and being delivered? Whatever. Tesla just blew out quarterly sales numbers (which of course didn't include so many of our cars we ordered many months ago but anyhow), blah blah blah...hope the stock goes up 50+ pts on Monday...but I doubt it. The cars are amazing, but the company is soooooooo f'ed up! 🤬😜

FWIW, it seems like most ppl that have been on this TMC thread for several months are now gone, enjoying their new MS Plaids/LRs after taking delivery, lol. So, as you know, there are a few of us still here...waiting patiently for our cars..."hello, Tesla...did you hear that?" ....crickets...crickets... :p

🙋‍♂️

I’m still here! Hang in there buddy. The wait is well worth it. I picked up my Plaid then left town for five days. I haven’t had much time to enjoy it, but I keep looking at the pic I took of it before I left town. So sad. Like a lost dog or something. My wife’s gonna’ be pissed when I get home and run straight into the garage and hug my car.

It is kinda’ sad to see less and less people on this thread as they finally get their deliveries and move on. Oh well. It was inevitable, I suppose. Until the next refresh comes out then. That’ll fire this thread right back up.

Same as you all. Crazy to think that white interior screwed us an additional 2-3 months.

On that note. Glad to see them making adjustments to some early issues. I'm still holding out hope ANC ships this year.

I’m not disputing that the door rubs. It’s obvious that it does. However the hinge mechanics are the same for everyone. I would expect the door to be inset or offset on depth for that to happen but it doesn’t appear to be.
Based on the rub marks, I think the only reason the gap is bridged is because of the elevated paint bubbles. I think no bubbles would equal no rubbing. I haven't really tested my hypothesis on the passenger side door though so I could just be blowing smoke

Same as you all. Crazy to think that white interior screwed us an additional 2-3 months.

On that note. Glad to see them making adjustments to some early issues. I'm still holding out hope ANC ships this year.
I want my car already, but there’s a benefit of being less of a beta tester between software updates and at least some reported improvements in fit and finish. I hope.

Just an update.

After 1200 miles I still love my long range. I’ve had absolutely no problems. And I still giggle when I floor it. Just a great vehicle.

I reported earlier that my wife ordered a Mercedes EQS but decided she wanted a MS after driving mine several times. She ordered the MS but decided to see which vehicle would be delivered first. She has a VIN for the EQS with projected delivery in December. It looks like she will take the EQS. If she does I’ll report back what I think of it. It looks like a really good EV for comfort and luxury. My wife is much more into that than performance (except when she’s driving my S-she loves to floor it).

I hope the guys/gals still waiting for delivery get their cars soon.

please tell me you got his license and insurance. all the crap you talk here and you haven't reported it to your insurance? always always always report any accident to your insurance. this is what they're there for. you wouldn't even be getting quotes right now, insurance would, and would be covering everything without a deductible because it's not your fault. idk why you're still posting here and not calling your insurance company.
I think he said that the guy who hit him is a personal friend. In California, it’s the law to report an accident if the damages exceed $1,000. I guess he’s giving him a break.

Tesla killed the excitement of buying model S LR, EDD changes already 8 times then went blank and now again December. Its a nice car but whats the point of buying it when tesla makes you feel like that you are POS and have no other choice then waiting and checking updates everyday. No-one knows when they will deliver . Sales advisor read you the same thing that you can read in your account.
Audi, Mercedes and Porsche will welcome you with open arms. Vote with your wallet…and your feet.

Just an update.

After 1200 miles I still love my long range. I’ve had absolutely no problems. And I still giggle when I floor it. Just a great vehicle.

I reported earlier that my wife ordered a Mercedes EQS but decided she wanted a MS after driving mine several times. She ordered the MS but decided to see which vehicle would be delivered first. She has a VIN for the EQS with projected delivery in December. It looks like she will take the EQS. If she does I’ll report back what I think of it. It looks like a really good EV for comfort and luxury. My wife is much more into that than performance (except when she’s driving my S-she loves to floor it).

I hope the guys/gals still waiting for delivery get their cars soon.
head to head EQS vs. S perspective will be valuable!

I have an off topic question. We’ll, maybe it’s on topic because most of this thread is off topic.

I’m going to Gulf Shores from Little Rock in a couple of weeks for a week on the beach. The Tesla trip planner routes me to the Monroe, La. supercharger which is about 175 miles from Little Rock but is about 40 miles out of the way. On the direct route there is a supercharger in Jackson, MS about 275 miles from Little Rock. Can I make it to Jackson on a full charge?

I’ve checked the threads on range and I can’t find a definitive answer.

I have an off topic question. We’ll, maybe it’s on topic because most of this thread is off topic.

I’m going to Gulf Shores from Little Rock in a couple of weeks for a week on the beach. The Tesla trip planner routes me to the Monroe, La. supercharger which is about 175 miles from Little Rock but is about 40 miles out of the way. On the direct route there is a supercharger in Jackson, MS about 275 miles from Little Rock. Can I make it to Jackson on a full charge?

Depends. What are you driving? And how fast? Also how low you willing SOC to be on arrival?

Should be easy. Leave with max trip charge, keep your speed reasonable. Even if pushing it a bit, you should arrive with at least 10-20% remaining. Driving 75 the entire time, you should easily get more than 300 miles.

On a 100% charge you should be good for at least 350 miles on the LR with 19s based on my experience with the X LR. So unless you have seen empirical battery performance relative to range in your S LR that makes you nervous about achieving at least 300 miles, I would go for Jackson with a 100% fill up prior to departure. Should the dark clouds open the heavens on you for insufficient piousness you can always hit a public charger or a 120/240v outlet!

On a 100% charge you should be good for at least 350 miles on the LR with 19s based on my experience with the X LR. So unless you have seen empirical battery performance relative to range in your S LR that makes you nervous about achieving at least 300 miles, I would go for Jackson with a 100% fill up prior to departure. Should the dark clouds open the heavens on you for insufficient piousness you can always hit a public charger or a 120/240v outlet!
I average 276 w/m. What makes me nervous is that there are NO public or level 2 chargers to fall back on between Little Rock and Jackson.