Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this at the Warwick Tesla SC tonight.

79F39F5D-E3A3-4D97-87CB-E1257634CD50.jpeg

F6473423-0CCE-4168-A04B-C933B384D28A.jpeg

And then I saw this sexy beast.
683156E8-B156-4697-B20E-C6AAE0104D55.jpeg

D9862B40-84C7-4548-972A-17A4758785FB.jpeg

Oh wait, that second one is mine. :cool:

Am I missing something? My new Model S LR has no navigate on autopilot. Is that a function in FSD? I don't have FSD but i keep seeing vids of people talking about this as well as the summon feature. And it doesn't seem like they have FSD.
Navigate on autopilot is FSD and is the Beta 10.2. That is where the safety scores come into play. Summons and other features such as auto park are FDS without the beta.

Spirited acceleration actually doesn't effect your mileage as much as you'd be inclined to think it would. And that's the very reason that our extremely quick cars have such fantastic range.

Yes, during the very few seconds that you're accelerating, you're really chewing up the energy. But you are only doing it for a very few seconds. But you spend a ton of time at your cruising speed. And since going faster greatly increases your drag (hence, energy usage), the slower you go at cruise, the better your "mileage." Time-at-speed is the greatest factor for determining energy usage.

Also, the air conditioning is extremely efficient at moving heat around. Using AC when it's hot outside isn't going to greatly affect your energy usage. But in cars with resistive heaters (in other words, no "heat pump") using cabin heat in the cold will greatly affect your range; your car's stored energy can be used to either produce cabin heat or to move your car down the road.
Thanks, good stuff! Much appreciated.

I just wanted to share that for the third Saturday in a row, I've washed and waxed my Plaid. Even when it's forecast to rain soon. Whereas I've enjoyed the recent cars I've had, it's been a while since I thought they were necessarily *special* enough to take time out of each of my Saturdays to make them as shiny as possible. Even went to a car event with a buddy at a local cafe the other day too... it really is quite special.
View attachment 722356
Do you have your registration next to the plate? I’ve never seen that before! Looks great!

Quick road trip update. In NYC now (Flushing Queens). My safety score reset with the whole connectivity issues (had 99 with thousands of miles) and I somehow managed to get it through Manhattan and into Queens to my buddies house and kept it at 100. Only dings are 3.8% unsafe following...662 miles now with 100. Are they even putting the refresh S's on FSD beta?

Quick road trip update. In NYC now (Flushing Queens). My safety score reset with the whole connectivity issues (had 99 with thousands of miles) and I somehow managed to get it through Manhattan and into Queens to my buddies house and kept it at 100. Only dings are 3.8% unsafe following...662 miles now with 100. Are they even putting the refresh S's on FSD beta?
There are a few members who got it here as part of the recent push.

So my credit offer expired today. Presume I need to apply again to maintain my place in line (Dec-Jan delivery). But If my LR continues to get delayed and I continue to have credit offers expire / reapply I presume this is going to affect my credit score right?
Just switch your payment method to cash. Once you get a VIN, switch it back to credit and reapply.

It wouldn't make sense for navigate to work in AP since it can only maintain course and speed. Navigate requires lane and road changes. Although you should be able to turn AP on and off while the navigate system tracks your progress.

Have you tried setting the navigate before engaging AP?
He’s not asking if you can use AP while navigation is active, of course you can.

Navigate on Autopilot is a feature of FSD(not just in the Beta) that will change lanes to take highway interchanges and exits automatically while navigating to a destination.

These are additional features to stopping at red lights that you get for $10,000.

Yes, they are. There's noise of someone on Twitter with sh*t score actually getting the Beta and this person has the refresh S.

Of course this happens if you put the all-weather mats on the factory carpet mats. 😂 There’s a Velcro strip that you’re not using, on the floor of the car. Just remove the carpeted mats and you’ll be fine.

Happens on the LR as well.
I have the Tesla Official All Weather Mats in my PLAID.
Just posted this 46 second video, pretty funny.
Ridiculous Acceleration PLAID 2021 Tesla Model S