Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick check. How are you all (those with cars) doing efficiency wise? Plaid/LR? 21s or 19s? Here’s my Plaid with 19s. Beta FSD granny driving probably drove efficiency up some.

B37DCC16-1726-4EDA-A5DE-20E5E4A551B3.jpeg

I mostly agree with this but am scratching my head on acceleration efficiency.

I learned quickly that I could leave lights almost as fast as I wanted without hurting overall trip efficiency on my P90DL (inductive motors). I'm finding the Plaid (refresh) pays a significant penalty for more spirited starts. Basically, the exact same acceleration/drive profile on a 40 mile round trip can yield 280 W-Hr/mile or 320 W-Hr/mile based entirely on acceleration from a stop. I've checked this a few times and results seem repeatable. All else is consistent (very little/no use of friction brakes, same average and top speeds, etc.).
The amount you're "penalized" for rapid acceleration goes down with more time spent at cruise.

If you extended the cruise portion out over a longer distance, the acceleration penalty becomes a lot lower of a percentage of the total energy used.

You are definitely going to be using more energy in your Plaid for the acceleration segment than your P90DL, and it'll take a longer time at cruise speed to average out the acceleration energy used.

One last example...

Let's say you charge up your Plaid and do 0-100 and then to a stop over and over again until the battery is dead. Now look at how many miles you went. Do the same thing in your P90DL. Your P90DL would have gone much, much further than your Plaid.

But now charge up your Plaid, do a max acceleration once to 75 mph and drive until the battery is dead. Look at the miles covered. Do the same in your P90DL. Your total distance covered will be much closer this time.

Quick check. How are you all (those with cars) doing efficiency wise? Plaid/LR? 21s or 19s? Here’s my Plaid with 19s. Beta FSD granny driving probably drove efficiency up some.

View attachment 722642
LR 19”. Must be granny driving but I don’t feel like it!

Attachments

• 9C1E32B0-EE2C-4302-880E-3386976E3A5D.jpeg
    9C1E32B0-EE2C-4302-880E-3386976E3A5D.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 56
It still says the wheels/tires will be available Fall '21 for 200mph, which my turn out to being a SW update as the Arachnids have the tires already to do 200mph. Last we heard from Elon was that a Track SW update was probably a "few weeks" out. So hopefully any day now!! :)

I'm really glad to hear that Elon has changed his stance from being "absolutely not" regarding waypoints to "a few weeks away."

Unfortunately, if I run the "A few weeks away" through the Elon to Standard Time Translation computer, I get two years.

Darn, I really want waypoints.

Had my trade in expire last week with a message to email new photos to get an updated quote. Didn't submit photos and after a few days EDD was pushed coincidentally out into Jan-Feb. Changed to no trade in until time comes closer on Friday and as of this morning I was brought back in 5 weeks to Dec 08-31st.

I'm wondering how much it had to do with an incomplete profile vs coincidence. Either way would love to get it in December!

I have one odd question -

So I am just starting to notice something. That the weight limit on these cars seems to be on lowers side, Can anyone please explain How serious should I take these Weight maximum limits ? Since I think if 4 or 5 adults are traveling with luggage it can very well go above those numbers.

So on my new Model S plaid as per the sticker on driver Side on my car it says 827lbs for the 19inch wheels for me. Which is combined Occupants and cargo.

1634521143330.png

Also it seems strange For Model X the limit is not any better either on my 6 Seat 22inch wheels model x it is 987lbs Combined Weight of occupants plus cargo.

1634521223143.png

So on my new Model S plaid as per the sticker on driver Side on my car it says 827lbs for the 19inch wheels for me. Which is combined Occupants and cargo.

Also it seems strange For Model X the limit is not any better either on my 6 Seat 22inch wheels model x it is 987lbs Combined Weight of occupants plus cargo.
There's going to be a lot of awkward conversations about why the mother-in-law can't ride in the Tesla.

So I am just starting to notice something. That the weight limit on these cars seems to be on lowers side, Can anyone please explain How serious should I take these Weight maximum limits ? Since I think if 4 or 5 adults are traveling with luggage it can very well go above those numbers.
Somebody recently put 13,000 pounds in a Plaid Model S so he could drive it under water...

I have one odd question -

View attachment 722782

View attachment 722783
Not to worry. I think there is plenty of lee way there. But of course we should all go on diets. 😁

First post here. Just wanted to share. RN 1155...I received my VIN this morning. MSM Plaid with black and carbon interior. Delivery date window October 27 to November 2. Does this mean it's actually going to be delivered?
I'll tell you what it means...with a RN well after mine....

It means you are welcomed to the club. Congrats!

i hate you.

Not to worry. I think there is plenty of lee way there. But of course we should all go on diets. 😁
LOL. But than if I remember during the announcement of Model Y Elon had all adults in there.

I am sure it was over the weight limit.

Now I wonder if this is because of wheel size can anyone check with 21inch wheels on plaid what does there sticker say ?

Also same for model X I have the 22 inch wheels

Maybe someone with 20 inch wheel on model x can see if there limit is any better ?

Last edited: