Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is the day! Christmas in October, 9 months and 1 day after order. Pickup is this evening 2.5 hours from home, so I’ll try to post some pics this weekend. Full tint coming Wednesday. I watched the videos this morning to familiarize myself with the new UI and stalkless configuration, and the excitement came right back like a kid in a dang candy store. Everyone here has helped ease my pain, knowing “we’re all in this together”. I hope everyone waiting gets their VIN soon!

Thank you. I'll post up pics either later today, this eve, or tomorrow (more likely)...picking up my car from the detailer this afternoon after window tint, ceramic coating, full front ppf (and also tinted ppf on front headlights & rear taillights), and blacked out (painted) emblems. And yes, the new 21" Signature SV104 wheels are on AND I shipped out the oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels to the super nice TMC gentleman in CA who bought them months ago! ;)

BTW -- zero issues with my MS Plaid at delivery, and my wife and I went through everything on that big list for things to look at when taking delivery. No yoke vein, no seat wrinkles, no scratches or scrapes, no interior or exterior trim falling off, no panel gaps, no dirty hand spots...nothing...all good! 👍 Also - all the floor mats and folding trunk cover were included. Sept, 2021 build I believe.

Well at least now you have a good home for those fancy wheels. Congrats on getting basically a great car right from the factory the first time.

Now you get to ride off into the sunset. Have fun with your new ride.

iu

Well at least now you have a good home for those fancy wheels. Congrats on getting basically a great car right from the factory the first time.

Now you get to ride off into the sunset. Have fun with your new ride.

iu
Lmao yeah @sflgator and you guys be like:

Attachments

• giphy-2.gif
    giphy-2.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 129
My VIN is 434XXX and shows a manufactured date of June, 2021. Took delivery June 31. How did you find out the day of the month?

I asked my SA and he told me. Mine was built in June and delivered in June. It took 2-3 weeks to get across the country, prepped, and weekend break. They brought all across by truck - no rail.

Well been a month since I got my Model S. Dont come here as often, but for people waiting, when you get the car, I hope your experince will be as good as mine has been. Still love the car and love waking up everymorning to enjoy my 30 min commute. Its comfortable, quiet, fast and cool as hell.
I got the back trunk peice delived to me today so I guess the car is finally complete.

What I love?

All the tech. so cool.

The acceleration. I'm not a fast driver but passing so easy

Autopilot. The main reason I wanted this car despite never driven one in the past. But it is great on the interstate. I pay attention, but can I look at my text or pick up something without the worries of swerving. It's also a non taxing ride with the way it speeds up and slows down

I have not been to a gas station in a month. The best!! I hated filling up my tank and timing when I had to do so.

So negitives? If I had to...

I'm a podcast listener and use Spotify. How do they not have options to speed up the podcast to 1.2 or 1.5

Also, the damn thing plays when i open the door to reenter the car, any door, and I have to ”rewind” to get back to where i was. researching this I see it has always been the case. both seem like an easy fix and surprised it has not yet.

but yeah, thats the list.

Hang in there everyone, worth the wait!

My VIN is 434XXX and shows a manufactured date of June, 2021. Took delivery June 31. How did you find out the day of the month and time of day.
It is also visible in Dyno Mode if that is still available to you. I originally found out mine by texting Tesla though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.16.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.16.28 AM.png
    990.2 KB · Views: 39
WTF is a "Lychee P100D" lmao?! Is that their internal code for it lol? I thought that was Palladium.
That caught my attention too. I have no idea but it is the fastest Lychee around.

I think Palladium or maybe it was actually Plaidium was the code name for the whole car.

Last edited:
WTF is a "Lychee P100D" lmao?! Is that their internal code for it lol? I thought that was Palladium.
That caught my attention too. I have no idea but it is the fastest Lychee around.
Wonder if that is what they called Plaids and LR are called Palladiums? Or sloths. Because, you know. Only two motors.

Or Palladium is meant for the battery structure only.

Anyone know if that button will stay there if I unenroll, and allow me to re-enroll in a day, week, or month?

Wonder if that is what they called Plaids and LR are called Palladiums? Or sloths. Because, you know. Only two motors.

Or Palladium is meant for the battery structure only.

Palladium (or P2) is the code name for the refresh S (whether Plaid or Sloth).