Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That one looks awful. This one though, looks proper. I think this is a nice option for those who prefer a roundly. Personally, I think the yoke is too cool to relinquish and plan to leave it as is.
Yes, this one looks correct and the company, Secret EV, is reputable. But the yoke is too unique, so I’m staying with it. I do wish it was easier to honk the horn and maybe add a “fog horn” variation through the exterior speakers.

031084EE-E955-4585-8DBA-C5FF033A10C0.gif

Personally, it does not bother me about the model year. Of course, I have had mine for 4-5 months.

The "diminished" value of a 21 does not matter to me. No new features for the 22 and any software updates will also go to the 21.

Again, Elon, just give me the features that were advertised and I already paid.
There’s a big difference between getting a 2021 in June vs getting a 2021 in November. They are not equal comparisons. I would have gladly taken a 2021 in early October or sooner. But now I’d be annoyed to take a 2021 a few days before the 2022 cars come off the line.

There’s a big difference between getting a 2021 in June vs getting a 2021 in November. They are not equal comparisons. I would have gladly taken a 2021 in early October or sooner. But now I’d be annoyed to take a 2021 a few days before the 2022 cars come off the line.
Yeah as mentioned earlier I made that mistake once. And my window just shrank from Nov 3 -Dec 1 down to Nov 17-27. Odds my car came off the line on Oct 30th seem reasonable, darn it.

What is that big difference?

What is that big difference?
A couple grand of resale value? I imagine from an actual driving experience it means very little. But, 3-5 years from now, there will be a price difference between a ‘21 VIN and a ‘22 VIN. That doesn’t really matter to me THAT much, but hey, if we’re literally days away from getting a ‘22, then I see the argument. I’d rather get a 11/1 build with a ‘22 than a 10/30 build with a ‘21. I would not reject a ‘21 if offered to me.

A couple grand of resale value? I imagine from an actual driving experience it means very little. But, 3-5 years from now, there will be a price difference between a ‘21 VIN and a ‘22 VIN. That doesn’t really matter to me THAT much, but hey, if we’re literally days away from getting a ‘22, then I see the argument. I’d rather get a 11/1 build with a ‘22 than a 10/30 build with a ‘21. I would not reject a ‘21 if offered to me.
Maybe in 3-5 years, people will finally realize "model years" mean little to nothing in Tesla world, but month of production means everything - back in 2016, halfway through they redesigned the front end and switched from AP1 to AP2, along with a whole bunch of other changes, but both were still 2016.

Ah that's interesting thanks. I made my appointment today for Xpel tint all around. 20% seems like the sweet spot, 5 is so dark. Anyone have photos of a Blue with tints?
Mine is a blue on black coming in a couple of weeks. I'm between 15% and 20%. 15% because of the glass roof letting extra light in. not sure.