Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does tesla changes these edd any time in a day or only once a day? In my case I haven't ever seen any date changes during day time.
Either 6AM (with day light savings ended) or 7AM CST has been the historical changes from what I have seen.

So that makes it:
7/8AM EST
6/7AM CST
5/6AM MST (although I know Arizona does not do DST?)
4/5AM PST

There was once someone reported a mid-day change. Never saw or heard of it again. Once you have a VIN though, changes could happen at anytime as logistics are changing during transit.

I have a LR/Blk/Blk/19" 1147 RN ordered 4/18 (really 3/17, but changed color on 4/18). I had beeen sitting at Dec 11-31 for the past 2 months, then on Sunday it flipped to 2/7 - 3/7. Has anyone else had this happen, it seems that most in my RN range have started getting their cars or at the very least have a VIN. Should I be contacting anyone, can I contact anyone, is there any point to contacting anyone?

It was bad enough having the EDD keep pusing out during the summer. Then in Sept when it changed I felt pretty good about the date range because it stayed. Now it pushed another 1-2 months. It's really starting to feel like they are purposely not fulfilling original price orders since the $15k in price increases.

Is anyone else seeing this EDD behavior?

Either 6AM (with day light savings ended) or 7AM CST has been the historical changes from what I have seen.

So that makes it:
7/8AM EST
6/7AM CST
5/6AM MST (although I know Arizona does not do DST?)
4/5AM PST

There was once someone reported a mid-day change. Never saw or heard of it again. Once you have a VIN though, changes could happen at anytime as logistics are changing during transit.
i will often check my dates when i wake up and am in bed, say, 7ish eastern. and then i might see a change that day, seemingly closer to 9:15 or so am (eastern). I do think the changes have been on Tuesdays but I wouldn't swear to that.
Mind you, that also doesn't keep me from checking 20 times a day, every day of the week, weekends, nights, at weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals, etc.
(new app at least gives the illusion of current dates, without the need to go to the website. As someone else has said, that's another thing for him to not trust and go to the account page to verify anyway!
Also, FWIW I ordered a MY I think this Friday night, and the next morning the date had changed from "June" to March/April with dates, like March 6 to April 3. So that was NOT a Tuesday change, but may have been because it was a fresh order.

i will often check my dates when i wake up and am in bed, say, 7ish eastern. and then i might see a change that day, seemingly closer to 9:15 or so am (eastern). I do think the changes have been on Tuesdays but I wouldn't swear to that.
Mind you, that also doesn't keep me from checking 20 times a day, every day of the week, weekends, nights, at weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals, etc.
(new app at least gives the illusion of current dates, without the need to go to the website. As someone else has said, that's another thing for him to not trust and go to the account page to verify anyway!
Also, FWIW I ordered a MY I think this Friday night, and the next morning the date had changed from "June" to March/April with dates, like March 6 to April 3. So that was NOT a Tuesday change, but may have been because it was a fresh order.
I think this is common for many --> "... Mind you, that also doesn't keep me from checking 20 times a day, every day of the week, weekends, nights, at weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals, etc."

I have a LR/Blk/Blk/19" 1147 RN ordered 4/18 (really 3/17, but changed color on 4/18). I had beeen sitting at Dec 11-31 for the past 2 months, then on Sunday it flipped to 2/7 - 3/7. Has anyone else had this happen, it seems that most in my RN range have started getting their cars or at the very least have a VIN. Should I be contacting anyone, can I contact anyone, is there any point to contacting anyone?

It was bad enough having the EDD keep pusing out during the summer. Then in Sept when it changed I felt pretty good about the date range because it stayed. Now it pushed another 1-2 months. It's really starting to feel like they are purposely not fulfilling original price orders since the $15k in price increases.

It seems to do this prior to getting a VIN and a more firm EDD. Congratulations!

It seems to do this prior to getting a VIN and more firm EDD. Congratulations!
I heard that same thing in September when it locked into December. I hope you're right. I've been in Sale/Marketing/Supply Chain for some of the largest CE and CE Retailers in the world. I'm just having a hard time understanding how Tesla can't have a better line of sight into their Supply Chain. I understand the global pandemic has adjusted some things. But a manufaturing company that litterally is only selling things that have been customer ordered for almost 6 months can't lock into a delivery date far sooner. The most puzzeling part is that it is not consistent. They know exactly what has been ordered in each configuration, if they are missing a part (wheel covers, interior parts, paint color, etc..) it should impact all customers in that pool similarly. It is not.

For quite some time I believed it was my delivery location (Minneapolis MN), there really aren't that many Tesla's on the road here and I was willing to write it off as a shipping issue where they were waiting for full rail cars or something. But then on Saturday I saw a MSM LR at my local Target, it was the first "refresh" MS I've seen in MN on the road. The eTron GT keeps looking better and better. I won't cancel my order since it's worth more than I'll pay for it. However, I'm really getting sick of waiting for the seemingly neverending moving goal post.

I heard that same thing in September when it locked into December. I hope you're right. I've been in Sale/Marketing/Supply Chain for some of the largest CE and CE Retailers in the world. I'm just having a hard time understanding how Tesla can't have a better line of sight into their Supply Chain. I understand the global pandemic has adjusted some things. But a manufaturing company that litterally is only selling things that have been customer ordered for almost 6 months can't lock into a delivery date far sooner. The most puzzeling part is that it is not consistent. They know exactly what has been ordered in each configuration, if they are missing a part (wheel covers, interior parts, paint color, etc..) it should impact all customers in that pool similarly. It is not.

For quite some time I believed it was my delivery location (Minneapolis MN), there really aren't that many Tesla's on the road here and I was willing to write it off as a shipping issue where they were waiting for full rail cars or something. But then on Saturday I saw a MSM LR at my local Target, it was the first "refresh" MS I've seen in MN on the road. The eTron GT keeps looking better and better. I won't cancel my order since it's worth more than I'll pay for it. However, I'm really getting sick of waiting for the seemingly neverending moving goal post.
Agree that it should be a more consistent system from start to finish.

Even months ago customer EDDs would suddenly push out to next year just prior to getting a VIN. It seems that the order is transitioning to a different internal system or stage and that starts with the EDD being pushed out by default. Then the VIN is assigned and everything stabilizes.

I hope you do understand that there are literally tens of thousands of parts that must come together to build a car and that they each have their own supply chain and that all supply chains have been disrupted.

I am a June order 1151 LR/MSM/Blk/21” FSD and got my VIN yesterday with scheduled delivery next week. My EDD got pushed to February before returning to November - December and then I got the VIN shortly after.

I am less inclined to say there is a specific "day" update. Just look at any of the threads tracking deliveries. Every other day (or sometimes, every day) people are posting about changes. Mine have happened on Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. So all over the place.

Got my plaid back from PPF, tint and chrome delete of the two logos yesterday. On a cross country road trip today! Debadged the “Plaid” for now. Went with STEK Dynoprism which gives the car a color shift in addition to being PPF. It’s subtle but also looks amazing once it catches the light. When the light is behind you it reflects blue. If the light is on the other side of the car in front of you it’s purple. Pictures DO NOT do it justice.

Waiting on new rims. Was going to put my legacy arachnids on it but I found a crack in one so ordered new rims. Will post back once everything is complete.

View attachment 719772View attachment 719773View attachment 719774View attachment 719775
what % did you go on the tint?

what % did you go on the tint?
70% front windshield, 35% everywhere else. I'm thinking I should have gone darker on the sides and back with how light everything still seems with the white interior.

It's in service right now getting due bill stuff taken care of. I might have to retint a couple windows if they replace them due to some minor defects. I asked them to adjust the driver door back ever so slightly as it's so tight that...though it's not rubbing the paint when I open the door it is rubbing through the PPF on the leading edge corner. I'll have to have that door re-wrapped if they are able to adjust it back for me.

Wheels are done being made and should be on their way...tires are another story. Tire rack is saying Dec 11th for the tires I ordered on Oct 12th. I'm having Tesla look to see if they have any local inventory. Even though it's the Tesla stock 21" tire size, still very hard to come by. Hope this supply chain improves by the time all those Model S's on 21's start burning through their tires. If I can manage to find them locally, I'll keep my tire rack order and garage them till I need replacements.

It is with great pride that i am announcing my resignation as the owner/operator of the "Leo hates me club". MY BABY IS HERE AND SHE IS ALL MINE!

Thank you guys for helping me get through these last be TEN MONTHS AND ONE DAY. It's been a long, arduous, painful wait. The car is perfect. My detailer is having his way with her right now, but he did tell me the paint looks good. I've seen no flaws save for the weird thing at the top of the "manual shifter" which makes it look like there's a clear tape but there isn't.

She drives like a dream and accelerates like a beast. I did get to drive Bill's plaid... Nothing hits as hard as that, but this is more than enough power for day to day.

I am offering ownership of the club to anyone who had waited more than 4 months. Please turn in applications.

I'll send another picture of the model s once she is tinted tomorrow.
IMG-20211108-WA0007.jpg