Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is with great pride that i am announcing my resignation as the owner/operator of the "Leo hates me club". MY BABY IS HERE AND SHE IS ALL MINE!

Thank you guys for helping me get through these last be TEN MONTHS AND ONE DAY. It's been a long, arduous, painful wait. The car is perfect. My detailer is having his way with her right now, but he did tell me the paint looks good. I've seen no flaws save for the weird thing at the top of the "manual shifter" which makes it look like there's a clear tape but there isn't.

She drives like a dream and accelerates like a beast. I did get to drive Bill's plaid... Nothing hits as hard as that, but this is more than enough power for day to day.

I am offering ownership of the club to anyone who had waited more than 4 months. Please turn in applications.

I'll send another picture of the model s once she is tinted tomorrow.
View attachment 730692
Congrats, Leo!

Ok - please take this with a huge bushel of salt - called the main Tesla corporate line to inquire on status and EDD. On the M3P was told it’s scheduled for production this month and will receive a VIN when it enters production.

Now for the more pertinent part - I was told that my MSLR is still on track for December delivery, but since it is still scheduled for December, it will most likely be a ‘21 MF VIN because they haven’t crossed over the model year VIN designation for MS yet. Things could still change but that’s the status for now.

Again, take that with the appropriate amount of salt as you prefer…. 😆😆😬😬

So close! It's got to be pretty soon....
I seems that Tesla may be clearing out all of the MF VINs prior to issuing NF VINs. I hope that is not a sign of a relatively significant change in the build between the model years. I know they normally issue changes year round but this feels different from past years.

I've decided to go ahead and take the 2021 model s. However, my next fun part is that the current EDD is during a time period I'm out of town and they told me they would not hold it past 3 days. So, we will see lol

I seems that Tesla may be clearing out all of the MF VINs prior to issuing NF VINs. I hope that is not a sign of a relatively significant change in the build between the model years. I know they normally issue changes year round but this feels different from past years.

Damn you.

Damn you.
No one is truly going to know until 1) there is an NF VIN and 2) 10 - 14 days from that VIN issuance for delivery and a customer inspection. Unless a west coaster gets delivery.

What do you guys charge to nightly? I'm using a wall outlet in my apartment complex and getting only 4mi/hr (might get 5 when my nema 5-20 adapter comes in). I've been doing up to 90% in case I can't charge for a while and it's so slow. Is this ok long term? I've heard both yes and no
I'm charging to 90. It's in the options as a daily driving choice, and I like to treat every red light like pole position.

I'm charging to 90. It's in the options as a daily driving choice, and I like to treat every red light like pole position.

I'm still getting used to the acceleration of the LR, had a quick car before but a lot of turbo lag. This is insane how quickly it picks up speed. I treat myself too, and throw in some sentry mode as well

What do you guys charge to nightly? I'm using a wall outlet in my apartment complex and getting only 4mi/hr (might get 5 when my nema 5-20 adapter comes in). I've been doing up to 90% in case I can't charge for a while and it's so slow. Is this ok long term? I've heard both yes and no

I do 85% unless it is a trip day - then 95%.

The slow charge is nice to the battery.

I’ve charged all my Tesla’s to 90% since 2013. Never had an issue with degradation.