Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bull - I will say, based on the flyovers they've been stock piling model s at Fremont. Then someone said they stopped ****ing around for a couple of weeks while they get the last of the 21s out.

I think you're right. Weird that the filing was so early this year and under wraps. Also weird they stock piled them and are now everyone and their mom has a VIN for a car built 10 days ago or more. Idk. Something smells fishy. Maybe they are putting the tilting screen back in. **** me.

I have a LR/Blk/Blk/19" 1147 RN ordered 4/18 (really 3/17, but changed color on 4/18). I had beeen sitting at Dec 11-31 for the past 2 months, then on Sunday it flipped to 2/7 - 3/7. Has anyone else had this happen, it seems that most in my RN range have started getting their cars or at the very least have a VIN. Should I be contacting anyone, can I contact anyone, is there any point to contacting anyone?

It was bad enough having the EDD keep pusing out during the summer. Then in Sept when it changed I felt pretty good about the date range because it stayed. Now it pushed another 1-2 months. It's really starting to feel like they are purposely not fulfilling original price orders since the $15k in price increases.

Is anyone else seeing this EDD behavior?
That is exactly the same timeline for my MSLR delivery. Ordered mine in the same timeframe and my EDD was January and is now Feb 7th - March 7th.

It is with great pride that i am announcing my resignation as the owner/operator of the "Leo hates me club". MY BABY IS HERE AND SHE IS ALL MINE!

Thank you guys for helping me get through these last be TEN MONTHS AND ONE DAY. It's been a long, arduous, painful wait. The car is perfect. My detailer is having his way with her right now, but he did tell me the paint looks good. I've seen no flaws save for the weird thing at the top of the "manual shifter" which makes it look like there's a clear tape but there isn't.

She drives like a dream and accelerates like a beast. I did get to drive Bill's plaid... Nothing hits as hard as that, but this is more than enough power for day to day.

I am offering ownership of the club to anyone who had waited more than 4 months. Please turn in applications.

I'll send another picture of the model s once she is tinted tomorrow.
View attachment 730692
Looks great! Congratulations! 🎉

I'm still getting used to the acceleration of the LR, had a quick car before but a lot of turbo lag. This is insane how quickly it picks up speed. I treat myself too, and throw in some sentry mode as well
funny, i'm driving my ICE a big more aggressively in anticipation of my hypothetical MS and completely notice the 1/2 second or so delay between the throttle and transmission. i'm really looking forward to the stupid torque and no delay from the MS. I hope my back and neck can handle it!

@Bull - I will say, based on the flyovers they've been stock piling model s at Fremont. Then someone said they stopped ****ing around for a couple of weeks while they get the last of the 21s out.

I think you're right. Weird that the filing was so early this year and under wraps. Also weird they stock piled them and are now everyone and their mom has a VIN for a car built 10 days ago or more. Idk. Something smells fishy. Maybe they are putting the tilting screen back in. **** me.
Yep. You can always be out of town for your EDD window...

Here is a crazy data point. Have a X Plaid on order all year and no delivery in sight. Out of frustration for a new car put an order in for a S Plaid on 10/17 expecting 2022 delivery. EDD was immediately 2 weeks away and VIN assigned on 11/6. MF VIN. Delivery on 11/12. Red/Black/21/FSD. Happy to get back to an S after my P85+ but sorry for those of you will long haul orders. Tesla algorithm is wildly crazy.

Last edited:
Similar data point. Might be frustrating for those who've waited for so long but supports my suspicion that there's not a lot of rhyme or reason to how deliveries are matched to orders. Apologies for not being precise with my EDD's and some of the dates below. I wasn't keeping close track because I followed this thread closely and didn't think the EDD's were very credible.

- Ordered 10/10/21. RN1158. Delivery estimated at May during ordering, showed April as soon as the order was confirmed
- EDD steadily moved up: Feb/Mar > Late Dec > Early Dec > Late Nov > Mid Nov > 10/29-11/8 > MF453 VIN around 10/25.
- Car shows up in my driveway 11/1

Plaid/MSM/White Carbon/19/FSD located in the SF Bay Area.

I think i recall someone else in here having issues with autopilot not engaging on their new S. Anyone recall who that was and how it was fixed?

It was reported earlier on this thread it takes 20+ miles to calibrate the cameras.

Older cars take up to 50 miles.

Just a guess, since I can't imagine you have not driven the car more by now..

This should be coming on Wednesday! Also notice the red calipers. Prototype for sure! :)
So cool to hear Franz talking about the Plaid. Always good to hear Tesla officially speaking about it.

Prototype. Production. Panel alignment. What is the difference?
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.19.13 PM.png

I know this isn't necessarily the place for this, but i got no response in other post.

I think i recall someone else in here having issues with autopilot not engaging on their new S. Anyone recall who that was and how it was fixed?

Thanks...pics tomorrow!
That happened to me, ended up being the front radar needed replacing. After getting it replaced I ended up getting into beta that night which put me on vision which disabled my radar... Got about an hour's use out of that new radar.

Know one other new S owner that is having similar AP issues to what I had. He's holding out hoping to get into beta soon.

Both of these is after AP started working after initial calibration.

That happened to me, ended up being the front radar needed replacing. After getting it replaced I ended up getting into beta that night which put me on vision which disabled my radar... Got about an hour's use out of that new radar.

Know one other new S owner that is having similar AP issues to what I had. He's holding out hoping to get into beta soon.

Both of these is after AP started working after initial calibration.

Darn. How long did they take to replace the radar? I just got her and don't want to give her up!
Cameras still calibrating? Scroll wheel reset?
They said they're done. I tried the scroll wheel reset without success.