Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to have the car auto set to the highest height say in your garage and have it either stay at the height or auto raise when you next approach the car? I’m thinking it would be nice since it’s easier to get in and out of when higher.
I know the car will hold max height as long as you do not exceed 15 MPH, so I don't see why you couldn't set it to max at your garage, and then geo save the height. It should hold that height until you leave the garage, and then return to that height every time you approach the garage.

If it was me, I would personally keep the first, grey ones. I think if everything matched, it would still look great, if not a little monochromatic. The grey wheels are an awesome contrast with your red, and the design is sick IMHO. Reminds me of the ZeroG M3 wheels! The red will wear that wheel color to a tee. Hope this can help. 😁 :D:)
I found a picture of the 19" version on a red M3.
red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-19-aftermarket-wheels-zero-g-ts5-satin-gray-wm-4_a2f36457-4ac5-4cbd-a280-5e54cd29eaaa_694x.progressive.jpg

And this is what they are offering:
red-tesla-multi-coat-20-inch-tst-wheels-matte-black-1_7218af15-4fa4-4034-886d-a12c50384c77_1280x.jpg

View attachment 734601
Okay folks, need some advice for this first world problem. I have a week or two left before I have to park my car for the winter, since the summer tires will no longer be viable. These rims were originally delayed until December, but I was okay parking the Tesla for a few weeks to bridge the time gap. Now it looks like it may be parked for most of the winter...

So, advice.

I really love the color I had chosen, pictured here:
20-tesla-model-3-y-s-x-ts5-flow-forged-wheels-zero-g-satin-matte-gray-web-1_a8789644-dcab-4b69-8a86-eb930d834159_694x.progressive.jpg

The gloss black may look nice, but I worry about the black not matching the same as the rest of the black trim. I could change my order, and possibly have my rims in a couple of weeks. These are the gloss black TST rims they are offering:

tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-gloss-black-web-1_3a9add97-9f8c-444d-bf32-32d5d5edd6d8_694x.progressive.jpg

Or I could wait till the end of December and get the satin black. The images look the same to me:
tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-matte-black-web-1_7347d715-c4d7-4f4a-94fc-501432f51e0f_694x.progressive.jpg

So these are my options as I see them:

1. Wait until February and not drive my car for 3-4 months.
2. Get the gloss black rims they are offering and have my car back in a few weeks.
3. Get the satin black in a month.
4. Hold out hope for someone selling their factory 19's at a cheaper price.
5. Just cancel the order and curl into a ball and cry.

What would you do? (BTW, I'm not too fond of the alternate rims they are offering).
Any chance of keeping your stock rims and getting winter tires for them?

Yeah I think I may have to sit the car for 3-4 months. This will be a long winter...
Go with your initial purchase configuration. You will regret not getting them. I relate this to the white and black interior situation. Sure, would have liked a black interior if I accepted it. But will love the white interior and waiting for it was the right choice.

Today, to my utter lack of astonishment, my delivery window was kicked back two weeks. it's now November 30th-December 25th. I've been waiting almost a year and a half for my car. Still no VIN.

at this point i suspect people will be taking delivery of the NEXT model S refresh before i get mine. I ordered the minute the Plaid was announced on Battery Day, September 2020, but something has apparently gone horribly wrong.

I'd call a service rep but i have heard zero stories of them knowing any more than the customers do.

Well well well! Today my delivery window *narrowed* for the first time in a long time. It went from November 30th - December 25th to December 03 - December 17.

It also is now giving me a QR code that opens a page in the phone app that says "we're building your car". Is this progress??? No VIN yet.

Since I actually had a vin and a narrow delivery window, I sent an app to DCU to try to shoot for that 1.24%. Anyone have them reject and saying they can only loan less (75K max?). my income and credit score should not be a problem here.
They approved my loan, but only for $85k based on my credit history. Same story here, excellent credit score, enough cash in the bank to buy the car outright many times over. They said that I haven't had a car loan that large before, despite having two 3yr loans at the same time for two Model 3s that are both paid off now. The total monthly payment was far more than this... Anyway, I took the $85k loan because the rate was good and paid the rest with cash. Annoying.

Well well well! Today my delivery window *narrowed* for the first time in a long time. It went from November 30th - December 25th to December 03 - December 17.

It also is now giving me a QR code that opens a page in the phone app that says "we're building your car". Is this progress??? No VIN yet.
Do not shoot the messenger, but there are cars with estimated delivery dates of August/2022 that say the same thing.

However, you have a two week range, which is a solid indication that you are looking at a VIN five to six days prior to the start of that range and then 10 - 14 days for transit. Essentially, that 14 day range is a solid indication of when they will get you your car. Congrats!

Last edited:
They approved my loan, but only for $85k based on my credit history. Same story here, excellent credit score, enough cash in the bank to buy the car outright many times over. They said that I haven't had a car loan that large before, despite having two 3yr loans at the same time for two Model 3s that are both paid off now. The total monthly payment was far more than this... Anyway, I took the $85k loan because the rate was good and paid the rest with cash. Annoying.

I hate being in debt, but being in a similar situation as you, thinking of financing to avoid drawing Funds out of my retirement accounts, and getting a tax hit, and loosing my ACA premium of $4.00/mo.

All the financial experts say you should have a third of your assets in cash, but I'll bet owning a car in the next 12-18 months will be a better idea than sitting on cash.

Other experiences indicate to me the banks really don't want to make loans at this point, they can see the inflationary writing on the wall.

A hybrid approach I will take is to pay cash with a crisp Cashier's Check hand carried to the store, and after accepting delivery of a pristine car (I can dream right?) Finance at will.