Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last time I looked, winter tires for these 21" rims were not an option.

Plus I don't want to give my baby to a tire place every 6 months to have them swap the tires. I'd rather just bring them the rims.
i made that decision on my current ICE that came with 20" summer tires (in January!) - I didn't want to play the swap game, so i removed the summer tires and got all seasons (non run flats, they didn't have RF in my size) - and i kept getting flats. i think the car was too heavy for the tires, even though the weight was rated).
I then bought 19" replica rims, and was able to get all season run flats, and have not had a problem since.
I was able to sell 2 of the summer tires, ultimately threw out the other two, and when I finally get my S (or my wife's MY comes first before my S) I'll sell my ICE including that second set of wheels which I can't wait to get out of my garage.
To me, not driving the S for the winter is a non starter.
I'd find a way to get even cheap rims and then either winter tires, or different rims (perhaps like you're doing) and decide to go all season on them
I do agree with @cwanja - get the wheels you want. if you have to wait, sigh, it sucks.
to me personally, rims are like a 3 out of 10 in importance, though I really like my ICE radial rims, which are probably "old fashioned" by now. when i was buying the replicas, the fella offered to show me "sportier" which I didn't think looked any better.
But again, all personal preference. let's agree though, not to make a compromise now for brevity that we'll regret later.

Question…
Did every apps update to the “we are building your car” in the Tesla app? If so is it normal to see or is it just me and they are finally building it ?

Attachments

• 4FF1245D-09A7-4CDA-9C08-74E4766A6B64.png
    4FF1245D-09A7-4CDA-9C08-74E4766A6B64.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 77
Question…
Did every apps update to the “we are building your car” in the Tesla app? If so is it normal to see or is it just me and they are finally building it ?
No, mine did not. Although, for a while this morning, instead of my EDD, it just had a spinning wheel. Now, it once again has my EDD and says "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks"

Why did you reject it ?
I tried to move it to a different location for delivery. It was passing through my hometown (Birmingham) but I can't take delivery here. They said to call back the next day and I could switch it if it had arrived in BHM. I called the next day and was told I couldn't change it because it was already on the truck to atlanta. Set appt. 8 days later was told it wouldn't be available until 10 days after appt. The lady was rude, wouldn't answer any questions, and it just felt fishy to me. Was it firmware? physical damage? who knows. They claimed it just took 2 weeks to get to Atlanta from BHM. I just wanted to feel better about a big purchase.

No, mine did not. Although, for a while this morning, instead of my EDD, it just had a spinning wheel. Now, it once again has my EDD and says "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks"

Mine did not either. But I have Android, and I probably don't have the latest app release...

Even if it did, remember they also told us the Refresh was in production last Feb.

Empty words for most of us I'd say..

The silence around S and X shipments to Europe (and any other parts of the world for that matter) is really annoying. We've basically had no MS and MX deliveries in Europe this year...

Be careful what you wish for. No communication is arguably better in the long run than false or inaccurate info and broken commitments...

I tried to move it to a different location for delivery. It was passing through my hometown (Birmingham) but I can't take delivery here. They said to call back the next day and I could switch it if it had arrived in BHM. I called the next day and was told I couldn't change it because it was already on the truck to atlanta. Set appt. 8 days later was told it wouldn't be available until 10 days after appt. The lady was rude, wouldn't answer any questions, and it just felt fishy to me. Was it firmware? physical damage? who knows. They claimed it just took 2 weeks to get to Atlanta from BHM. I just wanted to feel better about a big purchase.
You'll be rewarded with a 2022 VIN now!

All the financial experts say you should have a third of your assets in cash, but I'll bet owning a car in the next 12-18 months will be a better idea than sitting on cash.
I've never agreed to nor followed the 1/3 cash 'rule'. Always thought that as silly loss of investment opportunity. Especially when credit is available at such low interest rates.

Last edited: