Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On topic, for a change! Put in an order for a Plaid yesterday, EDD was “December” at time of order. Monkey changed it to 1/10/22 - 2/7/22 over night. I had thought Plaid backlogs were nonexistent at this point. No, not a white interior!

D7A9553E-F913-46E3-B8C9-371877C9179B.gif

On topic, for a change! Put in an order for a Plaid yesterday, EDD was “December” at time of order. Monkey changed it to 1/10/22 - 2/7/22 over night. I had thought Plaid backlogs were nonexistent at this point. No, not a white interior!

View attachment 738084
I can’t fault your logic. NF vin. Reel me in.

I have a similar install project when I get mine.. I am adding an ALPriority System which needs to feed wires through the "firewall". So I would be curious to hear if you found a good access point to get from the Frunk area into the cabin.
I posted my install here. I have more pics and instructions if you need help.

Looks like I might finally be taking delivery of my Plaid next week, not to flex but I think I might be the youngest Plaid owner in the world at 19 ;)
Upgrading from a Model 3 Performance

Bring of a certain age, I assume your are going to pay for it with revenue from your new YT channel?

Looking forward to more plaid content...

Hopefully ill get mine soon. I wont allow friends in my car until a bit after. I dont want them to ruin my model s when they go in it. My family will be fine. But friends? Nope. A friend of mine spilled ice cream in my car. He’s 23 and I literally kept my cool trying to not fight him half way to our destination.

Your friends won't like it but...no entry without seat towels!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, Those of us who understand we will eventually own the Model S LR Tesla, and those who don’t.
I happen to be in the, I’m in if or the long haul group which leads to my question. How/where to I add my signature so as to share my pain with all of you good patient humorous souls? This is my first post, I didn’t joint months ago as I though I’d never bee one of those waiting half a year for a car, but now I am. Let me know what you can. Thank you.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, Those of us who understand we will eventually own the Model S LR Tesla, and those who don’t.
I happen to be in the, I’m in if or the long haul group which leads to my question. How/where to I add my signature so as to share my pain with all of you good patient humorous souls? This is my first post, I didn’t joint months ago as I though I’d never bee one of those waiting half a year for a car, but now I am. Let me know what you can. Thank you.
Hi there! Welcome to the thread and TMC in general! Being that you're really new, some privileges are locked until you get a little more posts and reactions in. That includes giving reactions, adding a profile pic, and modifying your signature. Once you get over 5-10 posts I believe, you can then do those things. Hope this helps!😁😃

Welcome and @2021plaid answered.

What are the other 8 types?

So here’s the scoop, a white MS LR, black interior, 19’s, no fsd and I’ve been bounced around to heck and high water places not even a giraffe on a forklift can see that far. I believe being one of the pre mark ups I’m being tested as so many before my knowing if I give up my order, they can turn around and release the car the next day for 15,000 more. I am not upset, just feeling I will do much better in reading my book of, Charlie Ma son wasn’t such a bad guy, as long as he didn’t have to wait for no reason…

So here’s the scoop, a white MS LR, black interior, 19’s, no fsd and I’ve been bounced around to heck and high water places not even a giraffe on a forklift can see that far. I believe being one of the pre mark ups I’m being tested as so many before my knowing if I give up my order, they can turn around and release the car the next day for 15,000 more. I am not upset, just feeling I will do much better in reading my book of, Charlie Ma son wasn’t such a bad guy, as long as he didn’t have to wait for no reason…
I’m just worried, and continue to do so after nearly 6 months of waiting and never having sat in a model S let alone one with a yoke. Drove the 3 several times, the y twice, and the x once. And then what do i do? I order the model S and figure, the initial estimate given in June was Sept - Oct, that’s not really that bad right? Well, here I am and there is no way from the deepest depts of hell will I give up my car. I even think I have a name is I’m waiting for a vin number for so Long, imma gonna call it MyCousinVinny.

I’m just worried, and continue to do so after nearly 6 months of waiting and never having sat in a model S let alone one with a yoke. Drove the 3 several times, the y twice, and the x once. And then what do i do? I order the model S and figure, the initial estimate given in June was Sept - Oct, that’s not really that bad right? Well, here I am and there is no way from the deepest depts of hell will I give up my car. I even think I have a name is I’m waiting for a vin number for so Long, imma gonna call it MyCousinVinny.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Although I have yet to drive one, I've sat and explored the refreshed interiors multiple times, and they are amazing. And if it's any consolation, to the best of my knowledge, no members on TMC that have waited and received their cars have said it wasn't worth the wait. Everyone forgets it as soon as they experience it.😃

Last edited:
Welcome to our humble venting space, @1Pt21Giga. Yes, some of us have been waiting forever, but TMC has made it a bit less painful. Keep reading and posting and you'll soon be addicted (Methadone dispensary in the back of room). ;)
In other news, yesterday, I went by the Rocklin, CA SC to get my Sis a test drive in a MY. I'm gifting her my reservation (saving her like $8K). Boi, it was super packed to the gills! Not even a spot to park our cars. They said they are already in their EOQ/EOY delivery rush and they can't get the cars out the door fast enough for Elon. They also shut down all test drives for the remainder of the year about 1 hr after we returned from our drive. They have to "focus all efforts on delivering cars". She is in love with that Y and can't wait to own. It'll take a while to get it but at least she'll be addicted to TMC now to pass the time and learn a few things along the way.
ALSO, I saw my baby. We had to sneak around and find it ourselves. When I came across it, my heart really literally, skipped a beat! It was not yet ready for me to take delivery not passed their final inspection, but she sure looked good. I didn't get to go inside or nothing but I did get to drool. She was a bit dusty and dirty, but there wasn't much in the way of panel gaps/allignment issues that I could see. Also no privacy shelves in trunk, but that was all we could determine w/o that handy checklist. (Thanks to one and all who contributed to that listing.) I'm still getting my cash together, but delivery & pics should be soon!!!