Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85D just went into production today. Late June delivery (~06/27 according to DS) at the Rockville SC. Your car and mine will be on the same train, more than likely.

My status went from being produced to in transit last Thursday (06/18) and got the email this morning from my DS to schedule an appointment Friday or Saturday. I, of course, took Friday. If all goes well, I'll be at the Rockville service center picking up my new baby. Most of my friends are tired of hearing about the new car.

Has anyone had an issue with their DS not being able to ping their MS during transit?

My DS hasn't been able to ping the MS I ordered since early last week when it was in New Mexico. The delivery date of 6/19 to Columbus, Ohio has passed. The DS still can't ping the MS to locate it.

The DS said he feels the MS is in Chicago (aka the "black hole").

Having the same problem. Yours must be on the same train as mine. Where are you picking yours up? I'm getting mine at the Cincy service center...still no date but has been in transit for 2 weeks now

Hey grantgro, I'm happy to report that today the DS let me know that the MS I ordered arrived today at the Columbus Service Center. It arrived later in the day which was frustrating for the DS as he thought it would arrive in the AM. The DS said that he will work OT to make sure the dual chargers are installed and the MS is prepped and ready for delivery tomorrow. This is much appreciated since tomorrow is my mid-life crisis birthday!

I hope you get your MS soon. I drove past the new Blue Ash SC last weekend. Unfortunately I missed out on the grand opening of that SC a few weeks ago.

Congrats Electrical_ Eng!

I picked up mine yesterday at the Cleveland SC. It's soooooo much better when you're getting in yours. Best feeling ever. I then drove to Buffalo to get a loaf of bread! j/k
I picked mine up in Cleveland yesterday right after you. They are doing 4-5 a day for the end of the month push. I was very pleased with their service. They paid for a rental car from Michigan and we had a nice road trip home with my new 70D.

Dropoff delivery from Cincinnati to Indianapolis confirmed for tomorrow! Doesn't feel real. Ordered April 30 with 'Late June' delivery, right on time.

I averaged out the 251 Q2 vehicles on the Google Doc to see where I ended up against the averages:

Days from Order to Confirm: 1 (Avg: 7)
Days from Conf to Prod Start: 36 (Avg: 29.6)
Days in Production: 5 (Avg: 6.25)
Days from Prod to Delivery: 16 (Avg: 17)
Days from Conf to Delivery: 58 (Avg: 54)

All in all, not bad! Some are higher, some are lower, some are in the middle. I moved along at a pretty average pace.

Can't wait to bust out the DJI Inspire 1 for some aerial driving shots.... NOW, do I trust someone to drive the car, or the drone? Hah!

Finally took delivery of the MS today. So happy the wait is finally over! As luck would have it, the MS was delivered on my birthday.

It rained all day but cleared up just as I pulled into the SC. The Columbus SC crew worked late into the night to get the dual chargers installed and have the MS ready for pickup this afternoon. There were some glitches such as the DS telling me I needed to have proof of insurance coverage for the MS since I financed through TM's bank. My insurance agent has been slow to get me the insurance coverage and it happened just a few minutes before I arrived. Please be sure to have proof of insurance listing the MS to be covered. Your agent will need to know the address of MS's bank too so be prepared for that.

Be sure to carefully read everything...the MS registration had the incorrect county. This added almost an hour to the wait to drive off. Glad I caught this as the tax rate in my county is less than the other county. Tesla owes me money $. I jokingly told the DS that I'd take some swag in exchange for the difference. He immediately placed an order for swag and gave me a Fed-Ex tracking number!

The DS had a big "Happy Birthday" card on the front windshield and also had lots of balloons in the trunk. The MS looked great - the SC crew did a fantastic job of getting it ready. I did notice that the passenger lip of the frunk lid had goo on it. I didn't worry too much about that.

Glad to report that the MS has an LTE connection. Was not sure if my MS made the unofficial cut-off date of June 4 as that was the date my MS ended production.

The DS said the transit time for my P85D was about the longest he has seen (3 weeks). He said Tesla has been using train service to save money and this can really extend the transit times. So much for P85Ds have priority for production and delivery over other MS's as reported by the news in the spring of this year. The DS said several 70Ds and other MS's that were ordered after mine have been coming in via truck. He thinks this is so Tesla can report them for Q2 earnings.

Good luck to everyone waiting on their MS!

Congrats Eletrical_Eng! I got mine on Wed and was in and out in an hour. I didn't have insurance on the car when I drove it off. My insurance agent, as well as the DS told me that (in Ohio) I have 7 days to get it insured when I get a new car. During that time, it's covered under my existing policy. As long as I provide Tesla my current auto insurance policy number, I was good. I got insurance update a day later.

My 70D had LTE as well. The DS told me it was one of the first that he knew of. I'm just glad it had it and I made whatever cut-off date. I need to post some pics....but i'm too busy driving it. :biggrin:

VIN: 88733
Ordered May 1
Confirmed Confirmed May 8
Completed June 10.
Arrived Joliet Illinois railhead on June 18
It's here!

Mine is ready today Friday at 5 pm for pick up. I told them no way. Chicago is the worlds biggest parking lot on Friday evenings.
It can take two hours to drive five miles. Just crazy bad traffic on Fridays. Saturday they are booked solid so I will get it Monday at noon. Really tough to wait over the weekend!!! When I placed my order on May 1st, Matt my salesman told me "end of June". Right on schedule. I've been down a couple times to visit a friend in town, so I always stop in at the Tesla store in Highland Park where I ordered my car and drool. Matt told me that I was his first sale on his first day selling Teslas. Great guy. Says he's got a Tesla jacket for me on Monday when I get the car. Nice swag!

Model S P85D
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19" Cylcone Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Autopilot Convenience Features
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior and Lighting w/ Black Alcantara Headliner
Dual chargers

Mine is ready today Friday at 5 pm for pick up. I told them no way. Chicago is the worlds biggest parking lot on Friday evenings.
It can take two hours to drive five miles. Just crazy bad traffic on Fridays. Saturday they are booked solid so I will get it Monday at noon.

Congrats, but holy smokes, you're crazy. I'd wade through a pit of alligators to pick up my shiny new Model S on a Friday vs. waiting until Monday! (And I'm from the north suburbs of Chicago so know how traffic can be!)

My baby is home! Ordered my 85D on May 31, picked it up June 26th. Less than a month!
It sure is a dream to drive. I love gadgets and I think this car will keep me busy playing for a long time.
Thank you all for your advice and opinions as I went through the decision process and learning process!
Mike

View attachment 85480

Attachments

• Blue Bolt2.jpg
    Blue Bolt2.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
VIN: 94986
Ordered June 14
Confirmed June 22
In Production queue
Expected delivery end of July
Excited to join the Chicagoland tesla community.

Model S 85D
Black Paint
19" Cylcone Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Matte Obeche
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting w/ Black Alcantara Headliner
Pano