Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor data point - awoke to a slightly shortened EDD, from 12/19 - 12/31 to now 12/22 - 12/31 - S is getting real!
so what if that pretty much overlaps when I'm away and they won't hold the car more than 3 days....grrrrr
hard to get excited about an incoming VIN, if the monkey giveth and then taketh away after 3 days.
I wonder if x-mas counts as one of the 3 days, ditto sundays (no car sales in NJ on Sunday, not sure about pick ups, service IS allowed)

8EC9F6E8-72A9-4DBF-8FC7-09A99D789695.jpeg

Checked this morning on my delivery date and WOW I’m a bit happier now.

I’ve been using this since delivery with no problems. I think this might be the same as @AnselmDante ? If so, I guess YMMV.

SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable SSD - Up to 1050MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2 - External Solid State Drive - SDSSDE61-500G-G25 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GTXVG9...abc_EK5HPH8WH9ZQZ4JVMYJC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Nice catch. Fairly pricey though, no pun intended.o_O I'm not sure you really need .5 gig or transfer speeds that fast, but if you're comfortable with the outlay and size, I say go for it? What have you got to lose but a little money? And you can always make more and SanDisk is a great manufacturer.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
While I don’t doubt the issues you’re having, for me the Tesla experience had been completely fine. They’ve always done what they said and I’ve had no trouble on the business end of the house. That’s for 3 cars in 12 months. So maybe that’s promising for some?

I have only been to 5 or so SoCal stores and SvC. I try to avoid the latter.

Which one do you use, Costa Mesa?

That's the only one I hear good things about.

OT, but quick question - Does anyone with a 2022 MS or Plaid have the 38-50 mph vibration while causing or under slight acceleration?

Yes...not me personally, I guess I'll find out in 6 months, but a whole thread here:

I have only been to 5 or so SoCal stores and SvC. I try to avoid the latter.

Which one do you use, Costa Mesa?

That's the only one I hear good things about.
I’ve used Rancho Cucamonga and the one on Santa Monica and 405 for service. I’ve had nice experiences at both. Rancho isn’t too far from my office and is probably the better of the two just because it’s larger and easier to get to.

I don’t really go to the stores, generally speaking.

Got my VIN by surprise today! Happened to check the app and noticed my insurance was out of date so I updated it and poof! Came a NF VIN two hours later.
View attachment 741467
I guess I won't be renaming myself to "MiceOlives" after all...
You need to explain this. There's no ability to add insurance information on my app or on the website. I do have insurance information of my profile because I'm a current owner but I couldn't even update that. What I do know from the past is that once a VIN is assigned they unlock features such as adding insurance and paying for the car. So could you have been given a VIN several months ago when you first entered the insurance information? Such as that VIN fell through.