Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MS black/white with 21" wheels and no FSD on November 5th. The original estimate was June 2022. It then moved to November 2022 (I actually thought it meant November of 2021 initially). A few days ago it updated to January 9 to February 6. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for a long time so I'm finding it hard to believe the car could be here next month. Thanks to everyone for all of the posts. I've been following since my order, but the first time I've chimed in.

Update on my MSLR RN11518 delivery. I looked last night in the app and it said that the car would be delivered to my home on Thursday (12/9) between 8AM and noon. I called to confirm since I was originally told I had to pick it up in Fremont. They are going to drop it in my driveway and run away -- contactless delivery. I can't unlock the car until I make payment. I was told I had 24 hours to report any issues. They were not able to give me any information about missing items (USB, etc.).

Do I enter my ACH information now or wait until I can at least see the exterior of the car?

P.S. Still no text, email, call from them.
I’d wait until you see it in the driveway. I have a neighbor that had one delivered to his home and the delivery person went over the features with him. YMMV

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Car and Driver lost 7% of their M3 in about 24k miles. Tesla claims I think you shouldn't lose more than 10% in the first 100k miles. Based on data I saw, the loss is biggest at first and for the S/X lost about 5% in the first 20k miles. Heavy supercharger use and if charging to 100% all the time will likely make that worse.

Yeah, what Tesla says is about what I have seen. Drops most right in the beginning, and that's not very much. Like less than ten miles and then it flattens out. I have a 2013 P85+ with almost 29,000 miles. I've probably used as much battery with vampire drain as I have driving it.

EPA rated range was 265 then. When I got it, I think it charged to 269. 100% charge for me is 256 now. I don't consider that degradation to be significant at all. I tend to believe Tesla's battery technology has improved since 2013. As usual, the car magazine's results are always worse. And I don't care what other brand's degradation is as I don't have one.

My point being, (Tesla) battery degradation just isn't as big of deal as you made it sound like--to me anyway. You made several comments in one post with something like "until battery degradation kicks in." Que the scary movie music.

Thanks for showing us the actual numbers in the subsequent post.

Last edited:
OT content:

Went to the Camarillo, CA store today. The newest and least busy in SoCal. Lot and showroom completely full, as opposed to empty last month.

My expectations for a poor service during the scheduled daughter board replacement were immediately met by SvC refusal to replace a damaged part they had agreed to replace in writing in the App. I must be FSD, (fully self delusional) to want a new car despite knowing the SvC experience.

They have had my frunk open for hours, God knows it does not take that long to reinsert the MCU1 fuse...my imagination is running wild.

Now, to be back on topic:

While trying to keep my cool, had a pleasant talk with Sales. Some tibits:

If you really want a wood trim plaid, and don't mind the MF VIN, there are quite a few available. One right now in Irvine, CA, Red/White/Walnut

If you are scheduled for delivery on a weekend, expect crowds and the bums rush off the lot. However, you can request a few days extension during the week, where they will let you take your time to look things over.

If you have an abundance of positivity, and decide to convert an LR order to plaid, you can do so without forfeiting the reservation fee.

If your EDD falls at the end of quarter, you can request a delay, even if you have a VIN assigned, for a month or more.

For those that have never been at a store EOY, and are expecting delivery late this month, well, be prepared for things to go off plan. I'm not a religious person, but will be sending positive thoughts to all those suffering souls so afflicted.

My wife also has a red Model X. We both love the Tesla MC Red.

That’s her 2019 X in the background.
View attachment 741065

What’s up with the front suspension?

It’s screwed up at the moment. Front is lower than the back and I have a persistent error ‘suspension may not be level’. I’m scheduled for service on the Dec 17th but plan to take it in this week and force them to fix it sooner because it’s annoying.
Good news, my suspension issue was simply a loose sensor on the front right wheel. The technician was able to fix the problem in just a few minutes.

My guess is the car would auto lower both front wheels to the lowest setting since it couldn’t be sure how high the right wheel was. Seems like a smart safety failsafe to ensure the front of the car was always level, even if it was riding ridiculously low while the rear was standard height.

How have things been? I missed the last 75 pages. I got hit with Covid and spent 5 days with a fever over 101. Finally able to function again. My Tesla misses me. I can hear it quietly sobbing in the garage.
So sorry you got slammed with Covid. Fortunately as a youngster you survived to drive another day! 🏎 !

I ordered a MS black/white with 21" wheels and no FSD on November 5th. The original estimate was June 2022. It then moved to November 2022 (I actually thought it meant November of 2021 initially). A few days ago it updated to January 9 to February 6. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for a long time so I'm finding it hard to believe the car could be here next month. Thanks to everyone for all of the posts. I've been following since my order, but the first time I've chimed in.
Supersix, I ordered a nearly identical car (but with 19 inch wheels) back on 6/28, and my EDD is 1/16 - 2/13. My EDD has jumped around quite a bit since I bought (October, December, February, Mar/Apr, and now back to Jan/Feb). It seems unlikely you'd be getting your car ahead of all of us older order people, but you did pay $15k more than I did, so it could happen in the sake of profits for Tesla shareholders (me included)... Good luck! I can't wait to see my "Tuxedo Car!"

Got my VIN by surprise today! Happened to check the app and noticed my insurance was out of date so I updated it and poof! Came a NF VIN two hours later.
1638843709828.png

I guess I won't be renaming myself to "MiceOlives" after all...

Supersix, I ordered a nearly identical car (but with 19 inch wheels) back on 6/28, and my EDD is 1/16 - 2/13. My EDD has jumped around quite a bit since I bought (October, December, February, Mar/Apr, and now back to Jan/Feb). It seems unlikely you'd be getting your car ahead of all of us older order people, but you did pay $15k more than I did, so it could happen in the sake of profits for Tesla shareholders (me included)... Good luck! I can't wait to see my "Tuxedo Car"
Hey Rikster. I'm not counting on it and I really wasn't planning on needing winter wheels/tires until next winter. As advanced as their cars are it is surprising they can't provide more accurate estimates at this point. I'm sure the supply chain issues are making it difficult, but moving the EDD by more than 6 months over a few week period is crazy. Hope you get your car soon. I have a M3P and I'm looking forward to the new Model S. I should have definitely ordered the S earlier!

Got my VIN by surprise today! Happened to check the app and noticed my insurance was out of date so I updated it and poof! Came a NF VIN two hours later.
View attachment 741467
I guess I won't be renaming myself to "MiceOlives" after all...
The site let you complete your insurance prior to having a VIN? My stuff is all locked until VIN is assigned.

I recall that there is an aftermarket soft-close product for the legacy S...I'd pay for it for the Plaid. At this price point (Plaid at least), it's sorely lacking.
HanShow has it for the 3. Pretty pricey per door.

Probably not big enough market for the S.