Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, too much delivery talk here. Time to get this thread back off track… anyone here get 10.6 beta?

I’m stuck on 10.4 because I moved and my car is now parked at the bottom of Los Angeles at night. It’s like the worst version of beta and I can’t seem to get rid of it because they only push OTA at night via cellular.

Believe it or not, your post has given me reason to hope!

Today after COB, got a VM from the SvC saying the firmware on my new eMMC chip would not load, but should be "Fine" tommorow.

Based on the load of Bovine BM I was fed today, I was going to call it, you know...

But if it is true that firmware updates over cell at night, maybe I don't have the dreaded MCU1 corruption problem that some have faced.

Believe it or not, your post has given me reason to hope!

Today after COB, got a VM from the SvC saying the firmware on my new eMMC chip would not load, but should be "Fine" tommorow.

Based on the load of Bovine BM I was fed today, I was going to call it, you know...

But if it is true that firmware updates over cell at night, maybe I don't have the dreaded MCU1 corruption problem that some have faced.
Well, nothing like a little off topic gushing banter to raise up the community!

Not to bring it back down, but I think only beta FSD updates via cellular. The regular updates are Wi-Fi from what understand and have experienced.

But that doesn’t mean it won’t happen if you’re connected to Wi-Fi.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oh that’s fantastic! Ahead of schedule too! Tesla loves you my friend, Tesla loves you.

About $50 worth...

Sorry, not getting any respect, much less love, from Tesla today.

"I know I told you in writing in the App that the part damaged in service would be covered it writing, but I did not know, blah blah, so no, it is 850 for a new part "...

Well, nothing like a little off topic gushing banter to raise up the community!

Not to bring it back down, but I think only beta FSD updates via cellular. The regular updates are Wi-Fi from what understand and have experienced.

But that doesn’t mean it won’t happen if you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
So, I have been lied to again? Shocking.

When will I wake up from this nightmare?

Oh yeah, I updated the SAME firmware last night after 8pm on wifi..

I know...

But the company is so unethical.

Which one of these?

On the fence, frankly.
While I don’t doubt the issues you’re having, for me the Tesla experience had been completely fine. They’ve always done what they said and I’ve had no trouble on the business end of the house. That’s for 3 cars in 12 months. So maybe that’s promising for some?

CAC63A2D-F4D0-4867-A6D1-51186CD86171.gif

Ok, too much delivery talk here. Time to get this thread back off track… anyone here get 10.6 beta?

I’m stuck on 10.4 because I moved and my car is now parked at the bottom of Los Angeles at night. It’s like the worst version of beta and I can’t seem to get rid of it because they only push OTA at night via cellular.
I got 10.6 a couple nights ago. Much better than 10.5 and 10.4. No wifi access overnight?

One more point on Tesla's evolving approach to re-train the customer....

I went down to the off-site lot to check out my wife's S last weekend. I found 60+ cars along with my wife's and was approached by a Tesla employee kinda wanting to know what I was doing pawing all over one particular car. I explained it was my wife's and I was checking out panel gaps in a nice quiet envioronment prior to the delivery scrum. He told me he was the PDI guy and said her car was consistent with what he was seeing (crappy gaps but not enough to reject the car - basically "Tesla" quality). I noticed both rear trunk covers were missing and he said that was how they were coming but that he had stock back at the service center - the car would be delivered with both.

Fast forward to delivery yesterday. The how to pay debacle had us picking the car up at the service center instead of them dropping it off at the house. We can not get into the car until you pay and accept delivery (nice trick there Tesla. At least you keep people from refusing delivery for a crappy interior). We can not see down in the trunk as the top trunk cover is in place. We pay. We accept. We open the trunk and, viola, no lower trunk cover.

The sales advisor doing the delivery is like-
Oh, there is a problem with the trunk cover; its your problem. Open a service ticket.

That's special. We are taking delivery of a new car on the manufacturer's lot working with an employee of the company. A part is missing. Instead of walking back in the shop to see if he can find one and, in the absence of one to give us, opening a service ticket to make sure we get it, he tells my wife to open a service ticket. Ya, you guys hit accept so it is your problem now.

Welcome to the new Tesla. It is just like the old Tesla but now on purpose.

One more point on Tesla's evolving approach to re-train the customer....

I went down to the off-site lot to check out my wife's S last weekend. I found 60+ cars along with my wife's and was approached by a Tesla employee kinda wanting to know what I was doing pawing all over one particular car. I explained it was my wife's and I was checking out panel gaps in a nice quiet envioronment prior to the delivery scrum. He told me he was the PDI guy and said her car was consistent with what he was seeing (crappy gaps but not enough to reject the car - basically "Tesla" quality). I noticed both rear trunk covers were missing and he said that was how they were coming but that he had stock back at the service center - the car would be delivered with both.

Fast forward to delivery yesterday. The how to pay debacle had us picking the car up at the service center instead of them dropping it off at the house. We can not get into the car until you pay and accept delivery (nice trick there Tesla. At least you keep people from refusing delivery for a crappy interior). We can not see down in the trunk as the top trunk cover is in place. We pay. We accept. We open the trunk and, viola, no lower trunk cover.

The sales advisor doing the delivery is like-
Oh, there is a problem with the trunk cover; its your problem. Open a service ticket.

That's special. We are taking delivery of a new car on the manufacturer's lot working with an employee of the company. A part is missing. Instead of walking back in the shop to see if he can find one and, in the absence of one to give us, opening a service ticket to make sure we get it, he tells my wife to open a service ticket. Ya, you guys hit accept so it is your problem now.

Welcome to the new Tesla. It is just like the old Tesla but now on purpose.
Should be interesting for me today down there then…