Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So back to relevant off topics (i.e. things of interest to me :) ) - anyone have any thoughts/experience with screen protectors? I am seriously considering the ElonAccessories duo - glass, try install, slight matte - ticks all my boxes, and has the rear screen as well.
I also saw on amazon, and i think he's on TMC, TWRAPS or similar - where the front is a tpu matte that is floppy and applied with fluid, and the back is glass.
i do believe even the elonaccessories glass will dull the image a little (per their site i think make a little fuzzy) and i have to imagine the tpu one would be even fuzzier.
elonaccessories supposedly has a good oleophobic coating, and i love the way my ipad feels, and would like that slickness.
i saw the reviews were very polarizing on amazon regarding the tpu - some loved it, some wanted to give 0 stars, some said easy installation, some said terrible.
personally, i think a wet installation is easier - you can slide around. the elonaccessories dry installation seems to have you spending a lot of time using sticker hinges to line it up before you plop it down for life.
anyway, i appreciate any thoughts. the idea of anti glare and reduced fingerprints on my future hypothetical car is very appealing to me - thanks! :)
I got a notice that the Abstract Ocean glass screen protectors are in stock now. I had one (matte version) on my LR+ and it was high quality. I am passing on it this time around. Not sure if I actually need one.

i never considered that. i'm not overly worried about it, but point taken. could potentially throw a towel or whatever over it in the summer.
I put a glass protector on my 3’s display and didn’t have a problem prior to trading it in, but it was warmer to the touch. Decided against one on the Plaid and MYP.

1641401461948.png

So, I just looked at the S configurator at tesla.com, and it shows diffused tail lights. Very similar to what's on my current car, but sort of a hybrid between what the 3/Y have and what my 2021 Plaid has... has it always shown this and I just never noticed, or is it new?

View attachment 752247
So, I just looked at the S configurator at tesla.com, and it shows diffused tail lights. Very similar to what's on my current car, but sort of a hybrid between what the 3/Y have and what my 2021 Plaid has... has it always shown this and I just never noticed, or is it new?
Lol alas that is how it's always looked. If it was different, that black bar wouldn't protrude into the lights. :)

Lol alas that is how it's always looked. If it was different, that black bar wouldn't protrude into the lights. :)
It's particularly weird, as this *isn't* the tail lights on the cars they're selling... but then they still show the light strip on the dash trim too (despite the light pipes being built in, they're not enabled), so I guess it's more aspirational than realistic 🤣

It's particularly weird, as this *isn't* the tail lights on the cars they're selling... but then they still show the light strip on the dash trim too (despite the light pipes being built in, they're not enabled), so I guess it's more aspirational than realistic 🤣
LOL I've always thought this was a render oddity, as they sometimes do weird things. I think it's actually trying to represent the current one. If you look closely they look to still have pixels.

I got a notice that the Abstract Ocean glass screen protectors are in stock now. I had one (matte version) on my LR+ and it was high quality. I am passing on it this time around. Not sure if I actually need one.

Having 21k miles now, I have had no issues with glare or damage to the glass. Originally, I was thinking about a protector but now, I do not see any need for it and will not be using one.

Having 21k miles now, I have had no issues with glare or damage to the glass. Originally, I was thinking about a protector but now, I do not see any need for it and will not be using one.
to double down, do your thoughts extend to the rear screen as well? i'm envisioning kids kicking or having soccer bags hitting it, etc. - not like they have sledgehammers in there, but i would like to avoid scratches, etc. - from memory i'm not even sure how high it is from the floor. thanks!

to double down, do your thoughts extend to the rear screen as well? i'm envisioning kids kicking or having soccer bags hitting it, etc. - not like they have sledgehammers in there, but i would like to avoid scratches, etc. - from memory i'm not even sure how high it is from the floor. thanks!
My kids got iPads with bigger screen than the one in the back :) Not sure if that screen will ever get used

Have not had small kids back there - past that stage. Have had hockey stick blades hit them with no ill effect. I could see one back there if the chance is higher that someone will hit it. The glass seems pretty robust but not really sure how durable it is.

i checked out the abstract ocean site, and i think i'm going to get the matte set - i like the idea of a frame template for installation (the spigen looked like the slickest thing i've ever seen, but none for S)
i may also get the phone cradle, that looked pretty sick too - i didn't want to keep the phone anywhere but the qi charging are, but if the cradle has qi charging, that would allow me to use waze in addition to the tesla navigation.
any thoughts or suggestions? i know, i know, wait till i have the car and decide - but for the screens at least, i view it like the earlier i put it on, the less scratches i may have (like my phones)

So from reading other TMC threads it would appear the change in both tail lights and headlamps is imminent. Probably slated for March. Just putting this out there so some of you folks can start refusing VINs and I can move up in line.
my neighbor said the plaid headlights are awesome (i know others may not agree) - if i had to wait a month, i'd wait in a heartbeat, but if it is march (and this is the rumor mill) then that could mean start building in march, and no car until april, etc. - too far away to me, especially as i expect a vin in the next few days.

my neighbor said the plaid headlights are awesome (i know others may not agree) - if i had to wait a month, i'd wait in a heartbeat, but if it is march (and this is the rumor mill) then that could mean start building in march, and no car until april, etc. - too far away to me, especially as i expect a vin in the next few days.
Does this mean current PLAID and Model S light are different?

So from reading other TMC threads it would appear the change in both tail lights and headlamps is imminent. Probably slated for March. Just putting this out there so some of you folks can start refusing VINs and I can move up in line.

I read on several TMC threads that delivery of my S ordered last January would be in February. No March. No April. May at the latest. It came in June.

There are a lot of opinions/rumors on here but no one has any actual knowledge of what Tesla is doing - if they did they are in a position to not disclose it. I would not make any life decisions based on what I read on this forum. Just get the car. They will change the lights in March but then something else new will come along that is "worth" waiting to get. Always FOMO with Tesla. I can easily say this because I have my car and I have no issues with the headlights or tail lights.

Happy New Year! Now that we have flipped the calendar, I applied for California carpool/HOV lane stickers (to get the extra year (almost) out of them). Having been through 3 now expired sets in the past (and knowing how much of a bugger these are to get off once they expire), I was planning on getting the magnet mounts and removing them when not needed BUT found that our refresh Model S cars are not compatible with these mounts according to the site I was about to order from (which I confirmed with a magnet I had lying around the house).

I remember seeing a product that was PPF (Xpel) cut to the shape of these stickers so that they could at least be more easily peeled off when the stickers expire. Does anyone have a link or know who sells these PPF stickers (or have a better solution that is hopefully more like a quick remove magnet than the PPF option)? Also, does anyone know if there is an issue putting PPF stickers on PPF (i.e. can you remove a sticker from a sticker or at that point is it not worth it)?

I got the removable front license plate holder already and really like the option of just attaching these kinds of things when needed.

Does this mean current PLAID and Model S light are different?
to my knowledge the S and Plaid have the same lights, and from what i've read, the 3 and i think y performance are matrix/better lights. folks have been maligning the S' lights, and my neighbor was saying he thought they were great.
A lot was going on the night i drive his car - i didn't notice his lights being good or bad, i think they were fine.
i have a benz, that i think has superb road hugging active headlights. not sure how the S will stack up, but the little i drove his Plaid, it seemed fine.

I remember seeing a product that was PPF (Xpel) cut to the shape of these stickers so that they could at least be more easily peeled off when the stickers expire. Does anyone have a link or know who sells these PPF stickers (or have a better solution that is hopefully more like a quick remove magnet than the PPF option)?

I used these on my M3, and plan to use them on my MS: Calif. HOV Under Stickers Protection Film (Gen. 2)